[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Non-existence is far better than existence, is there any sane
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: Plato.jpg (159 KB, 472x1035) Image search: [Google]
Plato.jpg
159 KB, 472x1035
Non-existence is far better than existence, is there any sane man who could disagree?
>>
>>1052320
existence is a spook
>>
>>1052320
I haven't killed myself yet, so there must be something to this whole existence thing that doesn't suck shit.
>>
File: Gustave_Dore_Inferno34[1].jpg (53 KB, 461x368) Image search: [Google]
Gustave_Dore_Inferno34[1].jpg
53 KB, 461x368
where does the "best thing for a man would be to not have existed at all, and the second best thing is to kill himself right now" come from? and i dont mean the greek tales. i mean what's the logic behind that? life is suffering, so in order to avoid suffering it's better to not exist at all?

bitch, i would rather live a hundred years in judas' place at the 9h or so circle of hell getting my ass flayed off by the devil than not have existed at all. atleast while i suffered, i could think about all those pleasurable things in the world that didn't include suffering. who is such a weak little shit that they would forgo all the potential pleasure they can experience just because they're afraid of suffering?
>>
>>1052320
>implying returning to The All is 'nothing'
>>
>>1052320
So God in fact doesn't exist?
>>
>>1052320
Absolutely agreed. When I mention something similar people look weirdly.. fucking plebs
>>
>>1052386
Spotted the anon who never experienced a single hardship in his life.
>>
>>1052320
We haven't given non-existent people the chance to speak, so I don't know which is better. Nonexistence could be really fucking fun for all I know.
>>
File: Diogenes.jpg (72 KB, 500x553) Image search: [Google]
Diogenes.jpg
72 KB, 500x553
>>1052320
Non-existence is what you'll find inside your head, Plato.
>>
>>1052412
>spotted the anon who never felt love, success or awe in his life
>>
>>1052418
Fucking rekt
>>
>>1052412
Not that guy, but I've experienced plenty of hardship and I'll still take existence over non-existence. I get to experience the beautiful, the sublime, the intoxicating, the base, and the frivolous, and I love it all; suffering is just the price I pay for all of that.
>>
>>1052418
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>1052418
Plato was too busy getting famous for the next 2 and a half millennia to care about this hobo's opinion.

Alexander should have sent this bum to the front lines on his next campaign 2bh
>>
File: tumblr_mjh70unSgM1rghimeo1_500.gif (598 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mjh70unSgM1rghimeo1_500.gif
598 KB, 500x750
>>1052320
better to be beyond both, famiglia
t. siddhartha
>>
>>1052320
What is the reasoning behind your statement?
>>
>>1052418
>the most useless ''''philosopher'''' in history
>opinion mattering

wew
>>
>>1052320
Satire
>>
>>1053086
>philosophers
>useful
wew
>>
>>1052320
you can't disagree if you don't exist
>>
>>1053460
this
>>
>>1052320
>Non-existence is far better than existence, is there any sane man who could disagree?
Wrong, everything wants to live as a residual after effect of non-existence.
>>
>>1052320
That's such a pointless question, non-existance is a very complex misunderstood concept on itself to even attempt to grasp. Better yet contemporary philosophers have the habit of reinterpreting the entire thing time again, many times alluring to the more biased state of mind/ above reality mumbo jumbo.
>>
>>1052418
Underrated.
>>
How do you know what non existence is like?
>>
>These plebs still don't realize that this reality is but one level of existence
>They truly believe they're here for a reason other than pure fun or imprisonment.
>>
>>1052320
The idea that something can be in itself better than another thing is a human concept stemming from the human capability of desiring things. Moreover our preference for existence over nonexistence stems from our instinct of wanting to continue our own existence.
>>
>>1053567
>imprisonment
orphic/gnostic/manichean pls go
>>
>>1053457
and what are you doing with your life? Oh right...
>>
>>1052386
Spooky as fuck.
>>
>>1052412
do you have the willpower of a slug?
>>
>>1053051
If I were not Diogenes, I too, would wish to be Diogenes.
>>
>>1052336
This guy gets it
>>
File: rekt1.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
rekt1.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>1052418
Holy shit. Absolutely barbaric.
>>
File: Parmenides.jpg (20 KB, 283x370) Image search: [Google]
Parmenides.jpg
20 KB, 283x370
>>1052320
There's no such thing as non-existence
>>
>non-existence
>can't get blown by traps
Nah.
>>
>>1054160
I can't manage to find anyone to blow me (without payment) so your statement is irrelevant.
>>
>>1053086
To be fair, he was highly influential as his work formed the basis of Stoicism, and likely would still be relatively influential if it weren't for the fact all his writings got burned at Alexandria.
>>
>>1054218
kys then loser
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.