[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /his/. I just have a small question, since I'm currently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: europe_1945a.gif (42 KB, 500x597) Image search: [Google]
europe_1945a.gif
42 KB, 500x597
Hey /his/. I just have a small question, since I'm currently writing a paper about the Holocaust and Hitler's expansionism. I was wondering how much Hitler intended on expanding Germany. Did he really plan on conquering the whole world, or was that just American wartime propaganda? Did he plan on stopping at the geographic boundaries of Europe? Or is this something we'll never really know?
>>
probably take back half of poland and re balkanize russia. he didn't want to take over the world. that was communism
>>
He wanted a "greater Germany" which meant depopulating Slavic lands in Poland and bits of Ukraine and Belarus as well.
>>
>>1049073
Hitler did not have firm plans, but constantly evolved gestures of ideas against a theme of German racial supremacy in the East, and the defeat of the stultifying force of Slavs and the corrupting force of Jews. Hitler was not particularly fascinated with the West which he viewed as degenerate and corrupted, as it lacked the land necessary for the "German Race" to cleanse itself in.

Hitler was also not decisive in German planning, Germans regularly tried to anticipate the Führer and, moreover, Hitler's attempts to direct involved ludicrous fantasising in general such as the attempt to hold the entire line in Winter 1941.

However, from early 1941 all German plans for occupation involved the mass death of slavs, including plans to starve every slav West of the stop line over winter. This was a policy that ordinary soldiers, police, and civil agencies were fully on board with.

The hubris of the German state is that it would continue expanding until it faced a rebuff which forced it to contract, as they did, at Kursk.
>>
>wehrmacht rolls into ukraine
>starved peasnants hail them as liberators
>mass defections, entire armies surrendering, no one wants to fight for the butcher stalin
>everyone expects hitler to allow them to fight aganist the soviets
>EWWWW SLAVS NO GENOCIDE EVERYONE

That was by far the most retarded hitler ever did. More retarded than declaring war ont he USA for no reason, more retarded than fighting in north africa and the balkans, more retarded than constantly overriding his generals decisions. That was some history shaping tier stupidity right there.

And the joke of it all, the soviet union was on the verge of breaking up in internal tension in the 30s already. Had he not invaded them they have most likely collapsed within a decade.
>>
>>1049275
good post

>>1049073
Hitler wanted Germany to become a hegemon in continental europe in order to ensure the expansion and survival of the Germanic race, he thought in social-darwinist racial terms rather than in terms of state power, which was a means to an end for him.

For America and more specifically Roosevelt, a european hegemon meant trouble both in terms of global stability(WW1 was still seen as an attempt to establish a hegemon) but also a source of economic trouble, because a German-dominated europe also meant Americans might not get the access to markets that they wanted.
>>
File: OP.jpg (78 KB, 1000x585) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
78 KB, 1000x585
>>1049073
Hey /his/. I just have a small question, since I'm currently writing a paper about the Holocaust and Hitler's expansionism. I was thinking about gathering a lot of information regarding the subject in the litterature, possibly in a library or through different texts recommended by my professor. But then i remembered that i'm a lazy-ass faggot and all i really want to do is surf 4chan all day long. So instead of doing actual school work, I will just ask you guys for advice. I wont mind that you might actually know jack-shit about the subject, I will write whatever you say.
>>
>>1050227

Hitler was evil and wanted to kill more jews. He invaded russia because he heard jews lived there. Only the Lend-Lease was able to beat him back in Stalingrad and Normandy.
>>
>>1049073
There's question "when".
You can say that his main goal was to unify Germanic people(with "Germanic" being used very liberally), Germanify people who can be Germanified(again, it's very liberally used) and conquer the lebensraum for them to settle on.

The end game for people who lived in various places, the who is Germanic and who isn't and who's possible to Germanify or not changed between the years, generally you can say that:
>lebensraum is somewhere east of pre-war Germany's borders, Hitler states Russia but they also called Poland Russia at times(mostly as an excuse to ignore Geneva convention which Russia didn't sign), it's likely that due to administrative concerns it would end at Ural AT BEST
>lowest end subhumans(jews and gypsies) either exterminated or moved somewhere else(Madagascar, Greenland, Palestine)
>"Germanic" people unified - what happens with Benelux and Switzerland remains unspecified
>second rate subhumans(mostly slavs) - turned into slave race, slowly dying out because of birth control
>"Decadent Germanic" people - French and some of the Baltic People's(which? Depends on which ones were to be encouraged to join the SS at the time) get "reeducated" into being "proper" Germans

The minimal territorial range eastward was at least Baltic countries, Ukraine and pars of White Russia
The maximal - as I've said - ends on Ural mountains.

Then you have all the crazy shit like endemic programmes meant to breed super-germans(that would require more autism than typical brony has, though).
>>
>>1050193
>More retarded than declaring war ont he USA for no reason
The one time he kept his promise and you blame him for it.
>>
>>1050193
>And the joke of it all, the soviet union was on the verge of breaking up in internal tension in the 30s already
Not really, it was doing well after the purges.
>>
>>1050276

No it wasnt. It was a horrific failure of a state, on par with north korea. Staggering waste of resources, state efficency sacrificed for opression, junk science like michurinism promoted because of political reasons, mass exterminations and relocations of citizens just because, army literally gutted into uselessness, top scientists, commanders and artists killed or starved to death in gulags etc.

Russia didnt win WW2 because but despite of stalin.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.