[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
local state/province history thread. ... http://www.encycl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: wilson-anthony.jpg (177 KB, 700x624) Image search: [Google]
wilson-anthony.jpg
177 KB, 700x624
local state/province history thread.

http://www.encyclopediaofarkansas.net/encyclopedia/entry-detail.aspx?entryID=5664

>Arkansas General Assembly
>1837
>debating wolf-scalp bounty bill
>"Representative Anthony, an outspoken opponent of the notoriously corrupt Arkansas Real Estate Bank, offered a tongue-in-cheek amendment asking that 'the signature of the President of the Real Estate Bank be attached to the certificate of the wolf scalp,'"
>"angering Speaker Wilson, who was president of the bank"
>"After exchanging words, Wilson set upon Anthony with a large knife, killing him even as Representative Grandison D. Royston of Hempstead County tried to stop the fight by throwing a chair between the two."
>>
Nevada

>1977
>the Tule Springs oasis park in Las Vegas is renamed Floyd Lamb Park in honor of the influential Nevada state senator who represented Clark County
>1983
>Lamb and other Nevada politicians were convicted of taking a $23,000 bribe in an FBI sting operation
>2016
>the city never changed the name

lol
>>
good thread idea desu. don't have much to contribute rn but i'll bump and come back later.
>>
File: dahlonega.jpg (160 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
dahlonega.jpg
160 KB, 500x375
>Dahlonega, GA
>Sight of the first gold rush in the United States
>Established one of the best military schools in the country
Unfortunately it became a State school and got all Liberal'd out
>Official start of the Trail of Tears
A lake is named after Winfield Scott who led the trail
>Georgia Gold fills the roof of the state capitol, the gold plating on the Paris Opera House, Buckingham palace and pretty much every piece of gold that was produced in America and much of Europe from 1830-1860
>still a living and prosperous town

Pic related, pic of the tower at North Georgia State University
>>
>>1042947
HAN STABBED FIRST
>>
>franklin
>little shit town that isn't important
>all the sudden 27k yankees show up
>Hood shows up shortly after
>3brutal5you fighting in the trenches on columbia ave
>rebs get sent back don't try to attack again
>Yanks slip back to Nashville to link up with more Federal soldiers why Hood licks his wounds
>Hood loses his nerve and digs in outside Nashville for a while only to get shit on later on

Battle of Franklin everybody
>>
>>1043575
I know that town. I pass through it on my way to places that are not Franklin, SC.
>>
File: standard_alesund.png (332 KB, 873x1200) Image search: [Google]
standard_alesund.png
332 KB, 873x1200
>Ă…lesund
>north-western coast of Norway at the mouth of a fjord
>predating township settled and founded at unknown date anywhere from 800-1100
>reaches height in the 1200's
>plague wipes out 2/3 of the country, country is broken, subjugated and fades into obscurity
>recognised as a municipality of it's own in 1837
>sustains itself near solely on fishing and acting trade centre of the region
>burns down in 1904
>Kaiser Wilhelm II, of all people, sends 4 cargoships of disaster relief
>monument is raised, city rebuilt in jugend style to his honour

Picrelated is city/municipality coat of arms, equivelant of state flag if you will.
>>
>NC

Home to literally the only coup d'etat in American History

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilmington_insurrection_of_1898
>>
>>1042947
> tfw Arkansan
> Tfw you cant knife fight in the General Assembly anymore.

I swear we've been cuck'd
>>
File: eibar.jpg (74 KB, 770x570) Image search: [Google]
eibar.jpg
74 KB, 770x570
>>1042947

Proclamation of the II Republic.
>>
>>1045314

Holy shit two Arkansans. Here's a third.

My favorite is the Brooks-Baxter War. A disputed election in 1872 led to a month long war in 1874 between two "governors". Some mad shit.
>>
Bump for interest
>>
MLK died here. I think that's the only thing of note.
>>
>>1045412
>what kinda republic u want senpai?
>just fuck my whole political balance up
>>
Cool history bump
>>
>>1042947
>that artist's rendition

kek
>>
I'm from Chicago. Shit, we got a ton of stuff back from Prohibition.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.