[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was the Civil Rights Act a good idea?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: keikaku.jpg (26 KB, 640x477) Image search: [Google]
keikaku.jpg
26 KB, 640x477
Was the Civil Rights Act a good idea?
>>
>>857666
>Edgelord

Considering the alternative was losing the Cold War, yeah it was.
Or would you rather have your mother as a mail order bride in Moscow?
>>
>>857666
Long overdue but a good thing.
Describes a lot of things in America desu.
>>
>>857666
Uh, I can't have an objective view since I'm melanin enhanced individual

But I think it in the long run it was good

The world cocked an eyebrow at how nazi-lite americans were
>>
File: microsoft_edge_small_1.jpg (23 KB, 498x273) Image search: [Google]
microsoft_edge_small_1.jpg
23 KB, 498x273
>>857666
>such an edgelord he gets satanic trips while posting his edgy b8 prompt

I'm actually kind of impressed.
>>
>>857666
I'm assuming you're from /pol/ and expect us to say yes so you can refute us and post bar graphs from the FBI website and prove us wrong then call us cucks
>>
>>857666
It was that or the Black Panthers staging a large scale civil uprising.
>>
unconstitutional but a pretty good idea otherwise
>>
>>859124
Elaborate
>>
>>859136
the constitution does not let the federal government dictate who private businesses have to do business with. The supreme court said that because all businesses are connected to roads which eventually go over state lines, the federal government can make them do what ever they want under the commerce clause.
>>
>>859190
What does that have to do with registering people to vote?
>>
>>857687
It was a fucking meme at the time.
>>
>>861138
Whe I mean meme it was one of those "you think the guy is talkign shit but it's real".

The amount of shock people outside the states got from seeing or hearing the shit that went down. See Ida B Wells and her work in revealing the shit that occurred to the wider world.
>>
>>859106
>It was that or the Black Panthers staging a large scale civil uprising.
Please, they couldn't even organize themselves without shooting each other and rival gangs. The fantasy that the Black Panthers were dangerous to the American government and had a significant amount of power is a progressive myth
>>
>>860957
Did he just confuse Civil Rights Act with Affirmative Action, or does the act include something like that?
>>
>>861160
Not that guy but it's pretty clear he was referring to desegregation, not affirmative action. I have no idea where you're getting affirmative action from
>>
>>859190
Goldwater go home you are drunk.
>>
>>861175
I laughed

>>861160
Where the fuck did Affirmative Action come from?
>>
Human Rights were a mistake
>>
>>861160
What?
>>
>Congress gets to legislate morality
Terrible idea. Integration benefited blacks and hurt everybody else
>>
>>860957 here, I talked about the Voting Rights Act of 1964 when I think we were talking about the CRA of 1964, it was a mistake on my part.
>>
>>861212
>hurt everybody else

Explain.
>>
>>861212
And segregation was a shifty thing that fucked up blacks and non-whites living in areas that did segregation.
>>
>>861280
Crime, welfare, and education.
>>
>>861280
Anything that suddenly grants 10% of a population new privileges it has never enjoyed before will have proportionally harmful impacts on the quality of privilege enjoyed by the rest of the population. This is basically always the case because resources are limited in society.
>mfw African-Americans literally have a harder time understanding this than whites do because of the Civil Rights Movement coddling them and calling anyone who thinks the welfare state is flawed a demon
I've fucking encountered it. Don't deny it. This was where things went wrong: when the state started giving minorities the things that the majority had earned for itself.
Inequality is only one problem among countless others that exist in any economic system.
>>
>>861304
So blacks aren't entitled to the same shit every other citizen in the U.S?
>>
>>861379
Like just wondering what would you fucking envision if the segregation was here today?
>>
>>861304
Anyone who lives in America is an overpriveliged fag who takes everything for granted
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.