[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Iberians
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: iberian.jpg (155 KB, 640x520) Image search: [Google]
iberian.jpg
155 KB, 640x520
Who exactly are the Iberians? Who are they most closely related to? Do they count as white? Spaniards, Portuguese
>>
File: Admixture_Proportions.jpg (474 KB, 946x1225) Image search: [Google]
Admixture_Proportions.jpg
474 KB, 946x1225
They are mostly Anatolian farmers
>>
Like other southern europeans, mostly prehistoric farmers from anatolia
>>
>>857491
Is that what southern European means? Not actually originating from Europe?
>>
>>857600
What?
By that logic, none orginates from Europe.
>>
>>857605
I meant, are you saying that the original Southern Europeans came from Turkey and not South Italy or Greece? Because Sardinian people seem to have the most extreme amounts of Southern European genes.

>Also I really want a Sardinian gril.
>>
>>857486
>Who exactly are the Iberians?
People from the Iberian Peninsula
>Who are they most closely related to?
The people next to them are good guess, like Frenchmen
>Do they count as white? Spaniards, Portuguese
Yes.
>>
File: 1920px-Yamna-en.svg.png (611 KB, 1920x1498) Image search: [Google]
1920px-Yamna-en.svg.png
611 KB, 1920x1498
>>857615
Should have clarified myself, "what?" anon here, not the one that posted that graph.
And all europeans have at some points wandered in from outside Europe, the Indo Europeansas an example wandered in from southern Russia or Central Asia.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamna_culture
Even the original hunter gathers had to come in at some point.
Or am i missing tje point of your question?
>>
>>857600
Europeans are mostly descended from one of three "tribes"

>brown skinned blue eyed hunters
>pale skinned anatolian farmers
>steppe warriors known as proto-indo-europeans
>>
>>857640
Let me rephrase. How do people in the middle East, like Syrians, have Southern European genes? Did they already have them before the Greeks came in or did they get them after mixing with Greeks?
>>
>>857704
>How do people in the middle East, like Syrians, have Southern European genes?
By and large they don't

They share common ancestors who were the first farmers

Chicks dig agriculture it turns out
>>
File: ADMIXTURE10.png (17 KB, 1366x651) Image search: [Google]
ADMIXTURE10.png
17 KB, 1366x651
>>857714
Assyrians, Armenians and Iranians all have Southern European genes. You're saying they're mostly old genes from a common ancestor?
>>
File: ADMIXTURE_7.png (24 KB, 1600x800) Image search: [Google]
ADMIXTURE_7.png
24 KB, 1600x800
>>857738
>>857714
More pic
>>
>>857486
>Do they count as white?
>>>/int/

You've already ruined a board with le is X white? meme, fuck off
>>
File: Iberian Warrior.jpg (876 KB, 1922x2599) Image search: [Google]
Iberian Warrior.jpg
876 KB, 1922x2599
>>857486
They like prepping bulls and their women wore headbuns.

Also their whole method of war is spearchuckery until the Celts forced them to live in world where melee existed.
>>
>>857615
Soutern Europeans came from neolithic farmers mixing with western hunter gatherer in Anatolia and the Balkans
>>
>>857615
Those greeks and italians had to come from somewhere as well
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.