[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Imagine all of these were independent states. How does this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: 1458353154639.png (1 MB, 1484x1020) Image search: [Google]
1458353154639.png
1 MB, 1484x1020
Imagine all of these were independent states.

How does this make you feel?
>>
>>856990
How many people would live in the state of Nevada? Or North Slope? Or fucking Dade?

What the fuck even is this?
>>
>>856990
I wouldn't mind it actually, a lot of those states actually make more sense based on local economies and culture. I really like snake Kansas and the state of Navajo.
>>
>>857013

Pure unadulterated autism is what it is.

But imagine if this is what the mainland American continent looked like. Imagine the amount of flags... Yes... How different languages would develop.

Imagine this was America from 1800 to now. How diverse and interesting the continent would've been...
>>
>>857014

I can't say I like too many of these, especially the border gore.
>>
>>856990
I like that Maryland dropped all the white-trash dead weight
>>
>>856990
>North Slope
>inhabited by nothing but polar bears and two Inuits sitting around an ice hole fishing.
>>
Jesus Christ it would take a small gust to conquer that bullshit.
>>
>>856990
>texas is divided into multiple states despite having held teritory from multiple states until the US got it's hands on it
???
>>
>>857064

Explain?
>>
File: fasxes.png (164 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
fasxes.png
164 KB, 2000x1333
>>857066

The continual cucking of Texas' territory and national sovereignty is one of the biggest shames in American history.

Make Texas Great Again...
>>
>>857062

kek
>>
File: Texas1836map.jpg (26 KB, 546x734) Image search: [Google]
Texas1836map.jpg
26 KB, 546x734
>>857071
it just triggers my autism when people talk about balkanization and then forget that if that happens half the states will cease to exist because A - California will eat up the West and B - Texas will eat up Mexico.

>>857069
I mean come on mate the place would be africa tier levels of bushwars over petty bullshit because half of the little one city states couldn't pull the manpower to properly take anybody else on, ignoring any aggressors from Canada, Mexico, or anywhere else.
>>
>>857069
Tiny statelets, with proportionally small militaries, are easy to divide and conquer.

t. India
>>
>>857042
But Maryland always is white trash and ghetto tier garbage.
>>
>>857084

Good point, taken straight out of Britain's book.
>>
>>857083

I don't think, I think you're really overestimating the abilities of any state in this map. They're all abhorrent and would suffer extreme resource and manpower problems.

This would have to develop into some kind of
>Holy
>Roman
>Empire
type deal where all these small states unify loosely or some shit.

Confederation or something. Like the EU, or else this would just descend into absolute chaos.

I don't think African level, though. Maybe only around the Mississippi delta where it WOULD be African...
>>
>>856990
Coastal California would end up being RICH AS FUCK!
>>
>>856990
you made this same thread on /pol/ and got no replies
fuck off with this stupid balkanization horseshit
>>
>>857099

I didn't make shit on /pol/. My friend sent me this and we had a riveting discussion on it, so I brought it to /his/.

Fuck off or contribute.
>>
>>857098
And begging other states for water.
>>
>>857098

All it has going for it is information technology and tourism. Besides that, it couldn't sustain itself agriculturally, and it would have to rely on heavy taxes which would decrease interest in investments.
>>
>>857103

this tбh
>>
>>857094
>you're really overestimating
yeah dude, It's not like I have a working model to work on, in fact the closest thing I could think of is a continent-sized greece with modern weapons and technologies.
with constant, petty wars over bullshit.
with lots of foreign intervention.
>>
>>856990
NoVA makes sense. In fact historically there's been a few movements in the past for us to try and separate from the rest of the state.
>>
>>857216

Most, if not all, of these make sense to SOME extent.
>>
>>857013
>north slope
A few thousand. I call those fuckers to collect debts. They en up required ot pay more than people in majoor cities, because they can't put down any monetary expenses.

>gotta get his payment down so he'll pay and i'll get bonus credit
>what do you spend on food, Alaskan with 5 kids?
>oh, we just eat whatever we find
>>
>>857245

How much infrastructure is there up there?
>>
>>857013
AY, Nevada has more gold than you could ever imagine. Even though it's desolate and shitty, mean it wouldn't be Deseret territory
>>
>>857069
Many of those nations have nearly nothing that could support their economies for long and when combined with divisions like that it would be very easy to invade them in a piecemeal way.
>>857088
Hey there's nothing wrong with learning from the masters of conquering tiny places.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (151 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
151 KB, 1920x1080
>The state of McDonalds
>>
>>857250
Basically none. You have to fly in and out of a lot of the towns.

Booze is 100% banned in quite a few as well.

The borough is centralized as fuck, handles everything from food and housing to providing temp jobs for people-and the Alaskan Indian tribes are also stupid efficient, with at least one being organized into a huge corporation owning a states worth of land in th emiddle of the state.

North Slope though? They've got the borough, one corporation (which is just a tribe trying to survive), a handful of local businesses and no options or real hope for their quality of life to ever improve any further.

The guy who told me they "eat what they find" was not exaggerating.
To explain:
>defaulted federal student loans can be rehabilitated
>income based
>could be as low as 5 dollareydoos a month
>takes default off your credit
>saves you from a bunch of nasty shit
>we need a 10-40 or simple as fuck form and paystub or bank statement
>we then email you. Print, sign, take a picture with your phone, email it back
>done, you'll get a call in 9 months if your card doesn't bounce before then
>I shouldn't need to call you more than three times, for 20-50 minutes total talk time to get you 100% enrolled

We have a call recorded from one guy explaining that the bloody scrap of paper he emailed us WAS his paystub. Given that we could hear seals screaming in the background, we decided he was legit.

Other people have failed because they'd need to get on a fucking plane to find a printer.

I expect the north slope to simply not have any people in it within my lifetime. The population is stagnant or shrinking in a lot of towns. Some of them are a few unexpected weeks of bad weather away from starvation at any given time. There's nothing there economically. Just subsistence hunting. Tourism is a no-go, you're spending 1k in airfare to..... watch a bunch of poor people waddle around in the cold and cut each other over stupid shit. Oh, you die if you get lost.
>>
File: 1442245338241.jpg (76 KB, 678x674) Image search: [Google]
1442245338241.jpg
76 KB, 678x674
>>857284
>>
>The northeast becomes an even bigger mess
>>
>>856990
>all those western states

why?
>>
>>857018
The 10% of land that isn't populated by cousinfuckers is fairly diverse.
>>
>>856990
FUCKING FORGOTTONIA ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING <ME!?!?!?@
In actuality, i'm fucking pissed.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.