[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would the Zulu kingdom have fared if Shaka wasn't murdered?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Shaka's_Empire_map.png (249 KB, 1024x878) Image search: [Google]
Shaka's_Empire_map.png
249 KB, 1024x878
How would the Zulu kingdom have fared if Shaka wasn't murdered?
>>
>Implying Eurocentric /his/ wants to talk about Bantu people other than to repeatedly criticize their lack of technological advancements
Try going to reddit, you might actually get a response there.
>>
I don't imagine it would stay very stable, and Shaka will die eventually whether he's murdered or not. Without a figure like him a lot of the empire would fall apart, and could become a European protectorate, but from there remain independent, especially once decolonization happens, as a small state.
>>
>>856473
may have done okay by iron age standards
>>
Apparently Shaka was gonna try to pull a Meiji before he died
>>
>>856622
I don't think he would have been very successful. Japan had much more built up infrastructure and longer-lasting institutions and industries that made it easier to industrialize, and even they had internal problems because of it.

The only African countries I could see even potentially going the same route would be Ethiopia or Egypt, and even those would be difficult, though not as difficult. Possibly Liberia if there was initially MUCH more foreign investment and skilled migrants.
>>
Shaka went fucking crazy after his mother died, there's a reason he was assassinated
>>
>>856479
t. Zululover Redditor
>>
>>857281
Good job proving him wrong.
>>
>>856473

Like all "explosively grown by force in a single generation and by a single leader" empires.
Overextension & Death.

Have you never played EU4?
>>
>>856648
Don't forget that Japan was also relatively literate, it was also important when trying to modernise the country.
Zulus lacked basic infrastructure like *harbours* to westernise. It would be half-assed attempt at westernisation many african countries/tribes tried to perform since like 1830's but ultimately it would share the fate of Ethiopia.
>>
>>857344
why should anyone care about proving some faggot wrong
>>
>>856473
Shaka was violently unstable when he died. If he'd stayed alive that would probably not have changed.
>>
OOO SHAKA
EWANUNUNEHNE
OOO SHAKA
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.