[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was this edgelord's problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: Joseph_McCarthy.jpg (577 KB, 996x1191) Image search: [Google]
Joseph_McCarthy.jpg
577 KB, 996x1191
What was this edgelord's problem?
>>
>>855658
Being an ugly piece of shit.
>>
File: communism isn;t hewish.jpg (534 KB, 1524x1262) Image search: [Google]
communism isn;t hewish.jpg
534 KB, 1524x1262
>>855658
Reds
>>
File: Joe-McCarthy.jpg (104 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Joe-McCarthy.jpg
104 KB, 1000x750
>That's right, good citizen! Just hand over your civil liberties and I promise I'll keep you safe from those evil commies.
>>
He didn't like Communism.
>>
He wanted power and used demagoguery and blackmail to get it.
>>
>>855711
>Dude movie stars are just like you
>DUDE THE BOURGEOISIE CONTROLS WHAT YOU THINK

Immediately thereafter
>Dude these conspiracy theories are bullshit
>DUDE GRAMSCI SPELLS OUT HOW YOU'RE WRONG
>>
he had the right idea, but went about it the wrong way.
>>
>>855731
Throwing out civil liberties for the sake of national security is certainly not the right idea.
>>
>>855728
>if you hate mcarthy you're obviously some kind of communist
what are you going about
>>
>>855745
I'm not calling you a Communist, I'm saying this will happen soon, now that you've claimed that the people affected by his claims were average citizens.
>>
>>855734
Could you explain social contract theory to me? I don't understand it.
>>
He was right. Every single person he went after had ties to the Soviets as proven in the declassified Verona Intercepts.
>>
>>855749
He targeted left-leaning politicians, along with suspected soviets.
>>
>>855734
>went about it the wrong way
Did you miss this part?
There were communist spies in the government.
>>
>>855796
Not true. He specifically targeted non-communists and blackmailed them to either gain political support or drive them from office.
>>
>>855813
It was true
>>
Any recommended books on McCarthy?
Preferably as unbiased as possible.
>>
>>855824
Except it isn't fuckhead. Yes, he did actually find some Communist spies.

That doesn't mean he was a pure boy who dindu nuffin no matter how much you want to white wash him.

He found some spies. He also blackmailed people who he specifically knew weren't spies to ruin their political careers.
>>
He was too moderate
>>
File: Anticommunist_Literature_1950s.png (60 KB, 325x495) Image search: [Google]
Anticommunist_Literature_1950s.png
60 KB, 325x495
Just saw this pic in Wikipedia on McCarthyism. What did UNESCO do with the reds?
>>
Being a closet buggerer and alcoholic isn't an endearing combination.
>>
>>855800
Yes, and?
>>
His problem was that even though he was occasionally right, it was entirely by accident.

It's like walking into a 4chan thread and going EVERYONE HERE IS A FAGGOT. It's a true statement but I didn't know you were all faggots when I said it, I just wanted to insult you.
>>
>>855658

He looks TrusTed
>>
>>855813
Fuck off George Clooney
>>
>>856461
That's literally illegal.
>>
>>856470
How do you know that?
>>
Roy Cohn's puppet.
>>
>>855658
Well the problem was he was right.
>>
>>857179
According to which law? Remember, the Constitution is a living document.
>>
FRIG OFF COMMIE
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_International#Communist_front_organizations
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_front#Attorney_General_list_of_alleged_Communist_fronts.2C_1948
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_influence_on_the_peace_movement
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.