[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk about psychology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: Psi2.png (46 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Psi2.png
46 KB, 2000x2000
Let's talk about psychology
>>
>>854953
Freud practically ended psychology. Every subsequent work on psychology has been either meme ranting on him or praising him, ever since.
>>
nah
>>
>>854980
lol r u gay?
>>
File: 1366989906781.cached.jpg (291 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1366989906781.cached.jpg
291 KB, 2000x1333
So, who's your psyhusbando?
>>
>>854971
Freud wasn't relevant for long ages ago anon.
>>
Anyone else read based Lacan? He basically salvages Freud's legacy from the reactions against him. Basically, his is the only form of modern talk therapy with serious theoretical grounding.
>>
File: CGJung.jpg (17 KB, 220x330) Image search: [Google]
CGJung.jpg
17 KB, 220x330
Who is Jung here?
>>
File: Jung — Systema Munditotius.jpg (158 KB, 905x1000) Image search: [Google]
Jung — Systema Munditotius.jpg
158 KB, 905x1000
>>855025
Jung could get bizarre as all fuck
>>
File: 1455796224876.jpg (56 KB, 393x392) Image search: [Google]
1455796224876.jpg
56 KB, 393x392
willhelm reich master race
>>
>>854971

haha, what?
>>
>>854953

Psychology began with descarte mind-body dualism, and erupted post ww2 due to the amount of medical procedures in head trauma cases, ultimately funneling to cognitive psychology. From cog you move to multiple brains, into social psychology, then organizational psychology, criminal psychology, and every other means of establishing theory based on behavior. Behavior is the ultimant expression of psychology, and for a long period dominated the basic understandings of psychological phenomena in study, in science. Some place, between behavior and the cell that produces it is 'mind'. The psychology of mind has gone form psychoanalysis in formation to Artificial intelligence in creation, in the last 100 years. Someplace between intelligence latent and behavioral expression we assume to lie phenomenal being, and thus, the philosophy of mind is born to ask questions therein.

The ultimant purpose is to create a model of existence most like the actuality of material phenomena interacting. In this, the map is as gracious to the findings as the focus of the maps attributes.

you dont look for cities on a topographical overlay, likewise, you dont look for topographic features on a political map.

The terrain must match the territory in the application of psychological understandings. In therapy, there must be results that better the client. In science, there must be results that best explain the material phenomena existent in observation.

Over all, there is Godel. That nothing may be complete and concise at the same time. Therefore, the map is only as good as the territory desired to model. The results only as promising as the intentions. Psychology is in that regard an art.
>>
Is psycholinguistics still relevant (I might be mistaking psycholinguistics for some other field, hence my question)? Where do I start with it?

Just a guy with a hard-on for philosophy of language that wants to fiddle around with language processing and implicatures a bunch more.
>>
>>855934

in my opinion, psycholinguistics is the bridge between linguistics and psychology. In that, two areas emerge, one that studies the brains ability to produce language and in such sensations, an learning of communication. This usually begins by studying animal models, in comparative psychology, and moves to the parts of language, learning that there are this many sounds, or this many neurons, or this part of the brain responsible for said speech and writing.

The apex of practice in psycholinguistics would be therapeutic application. Where by a knowledge of how language effects the being, but also the structure of language itself as a model, comes into play and creates results which better lives. Through the use of pauses, syntactic ambiguity, semantic ambiguity, double entandre, embedded command, and Milton model, one can build trance like 'states' where suggestion is imprinted into memory. Or, through means of generating specificity in meaning, one can deduce the abstract language of a family feud into a workable problem and means of understanding; the meta model.

To understand what people mean, psycholinguistics is necessary, and can built greater rapports faster. To understand language as an evolutionary construct within a social species, look at comparative psychology. to have an autistic grasp of the qualities of language, look into linguistics.
>>
http://www.sciencealert.com/discover-the-power-of-the-unconscious-part-of-your-brain

Is this psychology?
>>
>>854994
Extremely. Daddy never loved me :(
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.