[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to be the president of the United States and make my historical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Ulysses_Grant_1870-1880[1].jpg (657 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
Ulysses_Grant_1870-1880[1].jpg
657 KB, 1200x1600
I want to be the president of the United States and make my historical mark. How do I do this? Currently I am 22 and working on an English degree. I'm also interested in philosophy, history, and I'm learning French.

Should I go to law school? I'm also going to learn a few more languages after I get a good grip on French.
>>
>>854506
> Should I go to law school?

for your consideration
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States_by_education
>>
>>854521
Very interesting, thanks. I had no idea Wilson was the only president with a PhD.
>>
Change your major to one of your more interesting interests, for one
>>
>>854506
Out of curiosity, what would be some of your political positions as President? On drugs, abortions, guns, etc
>>
its more about howmuch you participate ( work for free) in your community and political party local place, law school is the way to go if you are not really wealthy, otherwise pol sci and do internship for reps. go washington.
basically law or pol sci in dc
>>
>>854532
Not sure how relevant those issues will be in twenty years, but briefly:

1. My impression now is that many drugs should be at the very least cleared for medical use, if not legalized totally.

2. The debate around abortion is remarkably bad. I agree with Roe v. Wade--abortion is consistutionally protected and viability is a good measure. I am fine with giving the states a fair amount of flexibility here, but women simply have a right to abortion.
Also, we should shift away from abstinence in public edu. and teach kids in high school about contraception and so on.

3. I agree with Heller vs. DC--the 2nd Amendment gives individuals the right to bear arms. I am generally pro-gun and I think states should have less individual control here compared to abortion rights. The right to bear arms is the right that protects all the other rights.
>>
Depends if you plan on running as a democrat or republican. Democrats have a harder time since they can't fall back on nonsensicle catchphrases with racist undertones like Make America Great Again, Take Back OUR Country (back from the blacks and other subhuman is what they mean) and have to present actual policies to better the nation as a whole, and not the rich alone.
>>
>>854634
most blatant flamebait I've ever seen
>>
>>854637
Between the Southern Strategy and people like Atwater, the modern Republican party has great success getting votes from race baiting. Its foolish to suggest otherwise.
>>
>>854664
I'm not taking your bait, m8
>>
>>854506
You've already failed. You weren't born into a well-connected family.
>>
>>854506
What party Are you runnng for?
>>
>>854664
>>854690
I'll take the bait
Bernie Sanders' campaign is doing more race-baiting and being more violent than any Republican campaign in history
>>
>>854693
Depends what the parties look like twenty or so years from now. I am pretty centrist on balance.
>>
>>854506
>How do I do this?
Kiss ass all your life and the when you're in your 40s-50s, suck some jewish banker's dick.

OR

Be incredibly charismatic, rich, and have a good reputation. Win the election, make the changes you want to make, then get assassinated by the CIA.
>>
>>854617
So you can probably run as a moderate Democrat, but by the time you're eligible D.C. v Heller will likely have been overturned, it's the only holding where the court has ever held that the 2cnd supports an individual rights mandate.

I advise you go to law school, then move to and work in a small district in a swing state. Get work with the ACLU to build your liberal street cred, and volunteer for local Democratic congressional campaigns. Make sure to some high-profile pro-Bono work for the poor, people love that shit. Then, after you have a solid rep with the party, convince them to either have you replace the aging incumbent Democrst, or run as a fresh face with fresh ideas against the incumbent Republican. Once you're in the House, bring home plenty of Bacon, work on high profile issues, gain a reputation for being bi-partisan. After 5-10 years/whenever one of the incumbent senators retires/implodes/dies, run for senator. Use your strong centrist appeal to handily win the senate seat. Once you're a Senator, author a bunch of bills, co-sponsor a shitload of legislation, give dramatic floor speeches, and go on a 10 hour talking filibuster when the Republicans pass something egregiously retarded. Now that you're a household name, you'll be a likely Dem shortlist for the next presidential race. Court the DNC elites, you'll need their backing to win. The Republicans will likely nominate a complete far-right lunatic, so as a pro-abortion centrist, all you'll need to do to win is get your opponent to say a bunch of really racist and sexist shit. The more you can get him to say, the better. It will increase minority and female turnout, helping you surge to an electoral blowout.
>>
>>854692
If Obama could do it, he can as well.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.