[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Implying the Ottoman Turks did a lot more damage to Constantinople
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: n_14025_1.jpg (45 KB, 626x319) Image search: [Google]
n_14025_1.jpg
45 KB, 626x319
>Implying the Ottoman Turks did a lot more damage to Constantinople than the Crusaders did
>>
>>853837
byzaboo tears
>>
>>853837
The game was over after Manzikert. Latin and Ottoman captures of the city were just nails in the coffin
>>
>>853837
whom are you quoting
>>
>>853861
>Manzikert 1071

Must have been pretty long nails
>>
how to become ottomanboo,bros?
>>
>>853861
What is Komnenos restoration
>>
>>853861
Well by the time Mehmet II arrived at the gates with his massive fuck off cannon the Byzantine Empire was in ruins. Most of the rest of their land had fallen to Turkish and Arabic conquest, and it had basically been whittled down to just Greece.

Constantinople itself was a total shithole by 1453.

>>853862
A certain other board on 4chan, whose posters, despite hating /his/ like to linger around on here like a bad odour. You have three chances to guess who I'm talking about.
>>
>>853887
/pol/ hates /his/? Since when?
>>
>>853893
/pol/ hates both /his/ and the Ottomans. /his/ unfortunately has people with an opposing ideology.
>>
>>853881
Their story is pretty interesting. Started out as a small horseback tribe in north west Anatolia and ended up becoming one of the most dominant Eurasian states in history. An absolute powerhouse until Lepanto, Vienna and the period when western states realised they could map out their own trade routes instead of relying on the Turks for trade. A very interesting story, both the rise and the fall.

Don't listen to stormweenies who scream shit like "Mudslimes!" "T*rkroaches though!" "Raped and murdered Christians!" They had a lot of leaders who were Saladin tier when it came to freedom of religion.
>>
The Ottomans were a lot better at empire management than the byzantines, tbqh.
>>
>>853874
History shows that yes they were
>>853886
Ultimately futile
>>
>>853893
/pol/ hates anyone who doesn't believe that Jews are responsible for every bad thing to ever happen to westerners, that Islam isn't the only religion in history to ever commit violent acts in it's name, that Hitler never committed even one singular immoral act during his time in power, and that a combined task force of Trump and Putin is going to save the world from degeneracy and cuckoldry and SJWs and Tumblr and blah blah blah.

/his/ is a board that generally leans to the left, so naturally they're going to view us with disdain. Doesn't stop them from coming over here and shitposting with their conspiracy theories though.
>>
>>853887
>>853893
>>853896
>>853930

What are you even talking about? I like /pol/ and /his/ all the same. Oh and I'm jewish by the way
>>
>>853930
>/his/ leaning to the left
Says who? Just you?
>/pol/ hates anyone who doesn't believe that Jews are responsible for every bad thing
You're talking about one fraction of /pol/. I suggest you lurk more.
>>
>>853930
i'm primarily /his/ and while i don't believe in the rest you said. i do think islam is the worst and most immoral religion to ever grace mankind.
>>
The people that constantly moan about /pol/ are more annoying than the people from /pol/
>>
>>853938
I agree. I am Danish and Jewish and I go to here, /pol/ and a few other boards but you have to admit that many /pol/lacks hate anyone who thinks differently and often stray off the board topic to attack SJWs.
>>
>>853956
hello /pol/
>>
>>853957
Yeah sure lots of them are stormweenies but /pol/ as a whole doesn't deserve that reputation. Besides, if you can't handle a little banter, probably /his/ is the only place for you on the entire 4chan.
>>
>>853975
I agree to that.
>>
>>853951
same
>>
It was bleeding to death ottomans just made sure it never recovered
>>
>>853956
Back to /pol/ faggot your kind is unwanted here.
>>
So many Byzaboos on today.
>>
>>854061
I guess the emperor had a few shitty rolls
>>
>>854104
You're categorically wrong. You're part of a /leftypol/ infiltration group, I'm pretty sure. You people stick out like sore thumbs. I bet you've mentioned Donald Trump in, like, 20 posts on /his/ in the past week and acted oblivious every time someone has mentioned the 25-year rule. Keep posting edgy Communist memes and detracting from interesting discussions by yelling about how Stalin dindu nuffin. Enjoy killing the American republic and European democracy, you fucking illiterate shill.
>>
>>853975
Are we talking about the same /pol/? I've never seen a quality thread on that cancerous board. Every single thread is either A. A meme or B. Something annoyingly racist. I have never seen banter of any sort on there, just tards spouting memes and idiots pretending they're geneticists. Oh, and don't forget the biased media sources they use as "proof." If you tell them that it's biased, they'll tell you about how all other media is jewishly run or whatever. I've been going on there since 2012, and the board quality has only decreased. Fuck, and don't forget how the cancer leaks into other boards that don't want it, like /his/ and /sci/. So yes, /pol/ as a whole, as part of their ideology, hates anyone that thinks differently.
>>
File: CCQAolTW0AApoVC.jpg (69 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CCQAolTW0AApoVC.jpg
69 KB, 600x600
>>854112
See what I mean? Everyone that disagrees with these retards is part of some conspiracy to do something, whether it be a jewish conspiracy to keep isreal around or a "communist" conspiracy to destroy "democracy." You can't win with these retards.

pic related, it perfectly demonstrates their style of cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>854129
/pol/ has some very minimal political discussion but mostly it is a funposting and meme board.
>>
>>854153
Just because they're shitposts doesn't mean the people posting them don't adhere to the ideology.
>>
>>853951
nah the countries that it exists in are just so poor that people take everything written in them literally. similar shit is written in the torah and the bible.
>>
File: sharia-for-the-UK.jpg (111 KB, 550x364) Image search: [Google]
sharia-for-the-UK.jpg
111 KB, 550x364
>>854197
>>
>>854144
>here's a handy picture I like to imagine my opponents are represented by

sounds familiar
>>
>>853897
>Raped and murdered Christians!
Then explain the Jannisary enslavement and forced conversion of Christian child abductees.
>>
>>854236
They had better standards of life that way also it gave them more social mobility.
>>
>>854197
most of them have not read it (especially not entirely)

Of the people who have read it in the middle east most come from a long line of scholars who have long established rules on reading it (abrogation etc)

This benefits people with literalist approaches (Salafists and so on) to Islam yes; but has less to do with poverty than you think
>>
>>854249
Yes slaves and eunuchs in the ottoman empire had social mobility when compared to people who weren't slaves; this does not negate the fact that slavery and forced castration/conversion are atrocious behavior regardless of the 'quality of life' given to them afterwards
>>
>>854266
While its atrocious you could say that its better than staying a poor farmer.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.