[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Define fascism /his/ It always seemed a little wishy washy to me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 19
File: Fascist_symbol.png (9 KB, 139x210) Image search: [Google]
Fascist_symbol.png
9 KB, 139x210
Define fascism /his/
It always seemed a little wishy washy to me
>>
>>853451
Google it faggot
>>
>>853459
fas·cism
ˈfaSHˌizəm/Submit
noun
noun: fascism; noun: Fascism; plural noun: Fascisms
an authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization.
synonyms: authoritarianism, totalitarianism, dictatorship, despotism, autocracy; More
(in general use) extreme right-wing, authoritarian, or intolerant views or practice.

Wow, that's not vague or anything.
>>
>>853451
>>853464
Read Mussolini's own definition:
http://www.worldfuturefund.org/wffmaster/Reading/Germany/mussolini.htm
>>
File: 1455200674947.jpg (210 KB, 614x800) Image search: [Google]
1455200674947.jpg
210 KB, 614x800
Basically anything you personally dislike or find objectionable
>>
>>853471
Isn't that reactionaries?
>>
>>853471
No, that's the definition of "leftist" or "cuck"
>>
>>853489
Sounds more like the degenerates/normies tbqh.
>>
>>853451

White people helping white people.
>>
>>853509
But original fascism had nothing to do with le white race...
>>
>>853451
In modern parlance, it means populist extreme nationalism, coupled with the loss of human rights, and political disenfranchisement of a segment of the population.

If it's not populist, it's just a plain dictatorship. It also doesn't apply to countries that are communist in name (say DPRK).

All three are bad for globalization.

If it's communist, there's a reason to be in a cold war with it (because nukes). If it's an oppressive dictatorship, there's a semi-legitimate means to declare war.

If it's fascist, the populist element makes it harder to use military force in a legitimate manner. That's why you call it fascist, and point out the other violations.
>>
>>853535
>implying the DPRK isn't united as one voice, one heart, and one fist
Capitalist pig or American slave detected.
>>
>>853459
>>853464
>>853451
Many will try and define fascism as a system of government, totalitarianism and the likes but its bullshit.
I have met anarchists and anti-fascists that were fascists just as I have met people as apolitical as can be who simply felt so strongly about some subjects (like modern art) that they rejected the notion of opposition to that opinion beeing anything but malicious and tried to impose themselves accordingly.
>>853468
Mussolini as far as I know coined the phrase but it originates from "bundling together".
It is quintessentially collectivism hence what we most associate with fascism is the imposing of opinions to prevent fracutures in the "bundle".
Same reason fascists always claim to speak or act in the interest of all/most and they may very well be genuine in their delusion but the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
>>
>>853464
>right wing
North Korea is left-wing Communist but also fascist.
>>
>>853464
>Fascism
>Right wing
>What's Third Position?
>>
I want my Own property, fascism opposes it, Meh-tier ideology desu
>>
Rejection of both liberal democracy and communism, revitalization of the nation's people, promotion of national solidarity, the state is the people and the people are the state, totalitarian system of government, militarism leading to adventurism, hyper aggressive expansionist mindset, corporatism, among many more.
>>
>>853967
>Fascism is for adventurism and expansionism
Bullshit. That's a textbook propaganda definition.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 478x718) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 478x718
>>853929
>mfw people are this stupid
>>
>>853974
>spend all of your time telling your citizens about some great conspiracy of the Anglo-Jew, ABCD alliance, or anti-Roman Empirefags
>explicitly say shit like "we need living space" or "I'm gonna recreate the Roman Empire!!!"

Although funnily enough, both German and Japanese citizens considered their wars entirely defensive.
>>
>>854040
They are proclaimed left wing.
>inb4 muh brand of communism hasn't been tried b4 xd
>>
>>853942
>I want my Own property, fascism opposes it, Meh-tier ideology desu
totally wrong. Mussolini came to power because he protected the property rights of industrialists and large scale farmers from unionized agricultural laborers and workers
>>
>>854053
not that guy but neither the germans nor the japanese were exactly fascist. nazism was a variant of fascism but went full throttle on the racial element. japan was just a military dictatorship
>>
File: image.png (642 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.png
642 KB, 1024x768
>>854062
>implying there can be any functional combination of fascism and communism
>talking about communism when you haven't read Marx and Lenin
>talking about fascism when you haven't read Evola or Codreanu

Sit down, sweetheart.
>>
>>854125
I meant to imply that NK is fascism under the guise of Communism. An ideology is only what it is called. It isn't really anything like the society described in the Communist Manifesto but is called Communist nonetheless. Many "left-wing" Communist societies run and have ran this way.
>>
>>854145
not really... its authoritarian, totalitarian, and xenophobic but there's nothing that marks it out as particularly fascist.

>t isn't really anything like the society described in the Communist Manifesto but is called Communist nonetheless. Many "left-wing" Communist societies run and have ran this way.
neither has any "communist" country in the last century.
>>
File: 1385450656399.jpg (66 KB, 625x419) Image search: [Google]
1385450656399.jpg
66 KB, 625x419
>>854125
>implying there can be any functional combination of fascism and communism
I know right. As if communism would suddenly work only because its combined.
No but seriously as different as you think they may be they are both non the less collectivist and in all practical (!) terms indistinguishable.

>talking about communism when you haven't read Marx and Lenin
What if you have lived in a communist society?

>talking about fascism when you haven't read Evola or Codreanu
What if you experienced fascism?
Or what if you have dyslexia or cant read? Are you suddenly "unfit" to rationally argue and observe?
>>
>>853451
Simple terms:
For the health and well being of the nation and people.
>>
File: 111.jpg (287 KB, 955x793) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
287 KB, 955x793
>>854477

Probably the most accurate description here, neatly lines up with what Mosley defined Fascism as in his later writings;

"[Fascism] was an explosion against intolerable conditions, against remediable wrongs which the old world failed to remedy. It was a movement to secure national renaissance by people who felt themselves threatened with decline into decadence and death and were determined to live, and live greatly"
>>
nationalist collectivism?
>>
>>854145
>Juche
>fascism
No.
>>
>>854125
>Evola or Codreanu

Found the Romanian, Codreanu is literally the least relevant of the the European fascists, below even Mosley and Rivera, a generic jew hating slav who's party was only known as Fascist for that reason, it was generic extreme reactionary right, especially considering his alliances with the likes of Cuza, meanwhile Evola is awful considering the man rejected the notion of fascism and itself as a label for him, another generic reactionary in Codreanu's camp; Gentile is worth reading though, along with Mussolini, Mosley, and Rivera, Hitler, Degrelle, Quisling, and any organisations post-1945 need not apply
>>
File: BRITISH UNION OF FASCISTS.jpg (32 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
BRITISH UNION OF FASCISTS.jpg
32 KB, 720x540
>>854477
I second this, nice digits btw they don't lie.
>>
>>853940
>What's Third Position?
A shitty attempt to be a special snowflake.
>we're totally not like those other guys!
>>
File: Mosley FUCKING dies.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Mosley FUCKING dies.webm
2 MB, 640x480
>>854736
>>854707

goodnight sweet prince
>>
>>854477
>>854707
>I'll take buzzwords and vagueness used by every ideology ever for 50, please
>>
File: british grenadirs.png (35 KB, 1328x193) Image search: [Google]
british grenadirs.png
35 KB, 1328x193
>>854759
mosley is a qt
>>
>>854761

to be fair fascism was a very vague conflict, hence the massive variations in the politics of the fascist ideologues in Europe, especially economically, you've got Hitler on the centre right, Mussolini occupying the centre left, Mosley moving to the left, then Rivera with fullblown national syndicalism, fascism was a reaction by the war generation to the old system of governments, and with a different system in each country, the response varied
>>
>>854765
>>
File: 1454258129966.png (914 KB, 747x1294) Image search: [Google]
1454258129966.png
914 KB, 747x1294
>>854759
>>
File: tbh familia.png (372 KB, 1002x522) Image search: [Google]
tbh familia.png
372 KB, 1002x522
>>854777
>>854759
These made me actually tear up.
>>
>>854807
A bit pathetic tbqh.
>>
File: top 10 saddest anime deaths.jpg (162 KB, 1281x654) Image search: [Google]
top 10 saddest anime deaths.jpg
162 KB, 1281x654
>>854807

he tried
>>
Anti-semitism was super common in pre-WW2 Britain.
>>
File: spongyboooob.jpg (35 KB, 445x604) Image search: [Google]
spongyboooob.jpg
35 KB, 445x604
>>854813
I know familia
>>
Fascism is an ideology which seeks to merge the nation and the state into one powerful entity
It seeks to do this through palingenetic nationalism, corporatism, and totalitarianism
t. Fash
>>
>>854832
Thanks, I was waiting for a definition that was neither shit muh evil propaganda from the left nor romanticized nonsense from the right
>>
>>853468
Musso only wrote the second part of the doctrine, it breaks off after going from an actual thesis to empty rethoric.
>>
>>854873
Except that guy really doesn't know what he is saying.
Fascism isn't a single cohesive ideology
>>
>>853471
This, along with "liberalism" in America, which I always found funny considering the country was founded on liberal Enlightenment values and "liberty" is this exalted god
>>
>>853974
Were the Nazi annexations of Czechia, Austria, and western Poland not expansionist?

What about the Italian invasion of Ethiopoa, Albania, and Greece?
>>
File: boi.png (928 KB, 1477x1600) Image search: [Google]
boi.png
928 KB, 1477x1600
>>855235
>Nazi fags
>Fascists
>>
>>855242
Nazis were a type of fascist, yes. More Mindless Germanism than anything, but still very relatable to fascists
>>
>>855153
All of the original fascist movements shared the traits I listed.
>>
File: fascist dillbert.gif (76 KB, 598x283) Image search: [Google]
fascist dillbert.gif
76 KB, 598x283
>>853464
>Historians, political scientists, and other scholars have long debated the exact nature of fascism. Each interpretation of fascism is distinct, leaving many definitions too wide or narrow.
>>
>>854752
>hates capitalist
>hates communist
hurr special snowflake

I bet you think the American two-party system is good too
>>
>>856130
>if you hate something, you must be completely different from it
>wild assumptions from nowhere that are unsurprisingly wrong
>unironic sheeple meme
Yep, it's a moron.
>>
>>856150
>muh question begging epithet proves me right
K
>>
>>853451

It's not an actual ideology. It's just a cool word some party-dictatorships used to give the impression they were following a serious school of political thought.
>>
File: proofs!.png (114 KB, 599x491) Image search: [Google]
proofs!.png
114 KB, 599x491
>>856164
Let's see the sources
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.