[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God is dead - so now what?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: MynAOT9.jpg (48 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
MynAOT9.jpg
48 KB, 480x640
You can't deny religious figures have in some ways been good for society. They have at times been figures who speak for peace, patience, forgiveness, understanding, etc... Perhaps for unfounded reasons, but nevertheless.

Now that God's dying, who will take their place? Will this become an issue?
What will society look like in the future, when values based of religion grows weaker and weaker?
>>
Why does anything have to take religion's place?

Look at countries like Japan, and some northern/eastern European nations for places where religious institutions have become fringe and a relic of the past.

In Britain for most, Christianity is a cultural thing rather than a philosophy or set of ethics to be practiced.
>>
>>848216
>Now that God's dying, who will take their place?
The State. It already happened.
>>
Not only is God dead but so is reality. The rise of nihilism has meant that values
have become baseless and what is "real" and what is illusion are equally meaningful,
in fact reality has become so devalued that escapist illusions are preferable to
reality.

We are living the age of the Last Man now.
>>
>>848235
>>>/pol/
>>>/hm/
>>
>>848259
>The State

Literally the most disgusting substitute for God.
>>
>>848216
I would say follow Nietzsche but faggoty teenagers transformed and tainted his ideology as an excuse for their shitty life's.
>>
Now that God's dying, who will take their place?

Just look at us western europeans.
We have not only abandoned the concept of religion but for the feelgood shit, but also the belief in the importance of the own collective-the nation and the rites and beliefs that used to make it stand out.
Muzzies, or anyone with the strenght to form exclusive communities under the protection of our decadence or a mind hardened by superstition will be free to outbreed us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywTljZW87dI
>>
File: ISIS[1].jpg (145 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
ISIS[1].jpg
145 KB, 950x534
God is alive and well, his agents are spreading the gospel as we speak.
>>
>>848307
>escapist illusions are preferable to
reality.

well you're not wrong but we are also arriving to a point when we can actually escape into those illusion's with minimum repercussions.
>>
File: Übermensch_Finale_Form.jpg (526 KB, 950x715) Image search: [Google]
Übermensch_Finale_Form.jpg
526 KB, 950x715
>>848341
>follow Nietzsche
How do I start? What shall I do first? Can anyone here help me?
>>
>>848439
Nietzsche is for children and edgy teens
>>
>>848216

More peaceful and happy.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jan/06/peace-on-earth-atheism
>>
it just occurred to me that agnosticism and atheism may be the evolution or development of religion in a certain way.

Now instead of 100% worrying about afterlife, god and etc and this cause's you to be a good person and have morals, now you just have good morals and be a good person because you're suppose to and make's sense not to be an ass.
>>
>>848228
Japan isn't really a good example, they're literally dying of existential crises
>>
>>848439
Entry level: Anti-Christ, Geneology of Morals, Beyond Good and Evil

Essential Reading but not entry level: Zarathustra
>>
>>848216
Islam.
>>
>>848472
Pretty much all philosopher that came after Nietzsche is a response to Nietzsche, either continuing his work or trying to refute it. He's easily the most important philosopher living or dead right now.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.