[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have I ever told you the tragedy of ___________?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 21
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 300x168
Have I ever told you the tragedy of ___________?
>>
Napoleon Bonaparte.
>>
Emperor Valerian
>>
Alan Turing
>>
Nicholas II
>>
Western civilization.
>>
Jesus Christ. It is said he conquered mortality, but was betrayed by his own disciple.
>>
>>846710
The /His/ board
>>
File: 1457558394930.png (167 KB, 1348x333) Image search: [Google]
1457558394930.png
167 KB, 1348x333
>>846710
>>
"...Jesus Christ. He was a magician and Messiah claimant so powerful and so wise, he could use his divine nature to influence the law to create...life. He had such a knowledge of the Word, he could even bring back the ones he cared about...from death. He became so powerful, the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power...which, eventually of course, he did. Unfortunately, he was caught his by those whom he knew. Then they killed him on a cross. Ironic.

He could save others from death...but not himself."
>>
>>846831
>He could save others from death...but not himself."
What are you implying with this?
>>
File: can't melt these.jpg (131 KB, 1234x1024) Image search: [Google]
can't melt these.jpg
131 KB, 1234x1024
>>846853
What do you think?
>>
>>846710
Wilhelm II
>>846763
Fuck you, Elizabeth loved Wilhelm II more.
>>
>>846780
this
>>
File: AVE CAESAR.png (110 KB, 366x380) Image search: [Google]
AVE CAESAR.png
110 KB, 366x380
>>846767
>Have I ever told you the tragedy of Western Civilization? It's not a story the media would tell you. It's a /pol/ myth.
>Western Civilization was a world-spanning empire so powerful and so wise, it could use military force to influence the foreign people and create... colonies. It had such a knowledge of warfare, it could even keep the colonies it cared about... from rebelling.
>Western civilizations became so powerful, the only thing they were afraid of was having to give up their colonies...which, eventually of course, they did.
>Unfortunately, they taught the colonized peoples nothing they knew. Now those peoples are colonizing THEIR land. Ironic. The West could stabilize other regions of the world... but not itself.
>>
goddamit /tv/
>>
Julian the Apostate

Gas the christfags holy pagan war now
>>
File: crafty chinaman.jpg (149 KB, 1621x1080) Image search: [Google]
crafty chinaman.jpg
149 KB, 1621x1080
>>847574
Is it possible to learn this power?
>>
The commons.
>>
>>846710

OP's life.
>>
Charles Manson. He was a musician and beatnik communist shaman so freaky and well-spoken, he could use his anti-capitalist hippie ways to influence others into living a musical life without worldly possessions in the desert. Bla bla, his friends killed people and he might have told them to but who could say.. certainly not he himself!
>>
>>846710
>Have I ever told you the tragedy of Baronet Mosley the Wise?
>>
>>847642
Not from an asian
>>
>>847834
kek
>>
>>846710
anglos
>>
Emperor Valen
>>
>>846710
The white race
>>
>>846748
THIS
>>
>>846710
Gypsies
>>
>>846831
>>846860
I came into this thread expecting something at least somewhat creative or funny and all I get is this bullshit.
What the fuck? Why does this abomination of a board even exist?
>>
>>850874
It's like a wink wink totally not /pol/ board for serious discussions of turks and rome and the decline of western christian morals.
>>
File: prince-valium1.jpg (10 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
prince-valium1.jpg
10 KB, 320x240
>>846748

at first I thought you meant Price Valium
>>
>>846754
I've said it once and I'll say it again: Turing's story is sad, but it doesn't meet the definition of a tragedy.
>>
>>850874
>why are people not being SUPER SERIUS IN THIS JOKE THREAD ugh
>>
>Have I ever told you the tragedy of Joan D'Arc?
>It's not a story the Anglo will tell you, it's a French legend.
>Joan was a cheerleader so glorified, she had the power to create... national pride.
>She had such knowledge of the Word of God she could even protect the nation she cared about... from falling.
>She became so glorified the only thing she was afraid of was being captured... which eventually of course, she was.
>Unfortunately she told her captors everything she knew. Then they burned her at the stake. Ironic.
>She could save her nation from death... but not herself

>Is it possible to learn this power?

>Not from an Anglo.
>>
>>850896

Uh, considering /pol/ is pretty much detested on every board outside of /pol/ and maybe /b/, I'd definitely say this is not some /pol/ style board. Now if you could kindly leave, that would be great.

>>>/trash/
>>
File: fais-le pour elle.png (2 MB, 1024x769) Image search: [Google]
fais-le pour elle.png
2 MB, 1024x769
>>851995
>>
>>846772
>tfw blown my mind
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 590x438) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 590x438
>>851995
It fits oh so well.
>>
>>851995
Well done
>>
>>846710
Ron, son of Dr. Tyrell
>>
>>846710
Portugal
>>
>>847574
>>847642
>>847834
This is actually pretty good.
>>
File: 93.jpg (962 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
93.jpg
962 KB, 1920x1200
>>847609
to be fair he did usurp and failed his persia campaign

>>846710
Belisarius, savior to beggar
>>
>>846710
>Did you ever hear the tragedy of Adolf Hitler "the wise"?
>I thought not. It's not a story the jews would tell you. It's a /pol/ legend.
>Adolf Hitler was a German leader who lived many years ago.
>He was so powerful and so wise that he could use his voice to influence the Germans to start a... war.
>He had such a knowledge of the aryans that he could even keep the nation he cared about... from dying.
>He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing the war, which eventually, of course, he did.
>Unfortunately, he thought through everything he knew, and then one day, his own gun killed him in his bunker.
>It's ironic that he could save aryans from death, but not himself.

>Not from a jew.
>>
>>846780
Indeed, this.
/his/ is lowbrow
>>
>>851995
Saving this
>>
>>846831
He could easily have jumped off of the cross but he didn't.
Why?
Because he loves you anon
>>
File: gesg44.jpg (49 KB, 976x549) Image search: [Google]
gesg44.jpg
49 KB, 976x549
>>846710
>Did you ever hear the tragedy of Moot the Wise?

>No.

>I thought not. It's not a story the Redditors would tell you. It's a 4chan legend. Moot was a webmaster, so powerful and so wise, he could use the internet to influence the anons to create...memes. He had such a knowledge of 4chan, he could even keep the memes he cared about...from dying.

>He could actually...save memes from death?

>4chan is a pathway to many memes some consider to be unnatural.

>What happened to him?

>He became so powerful, the only thing he was afraid of was...losing his power, which eventually of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his girlfriend everything he knew, then his girlfriend cucked him in his sleep. Ironic...he could save memes from death, but not his relationship.

>Not from a Redditor.
>>
>>846710
Antonio Luna
>>
>>846710
Robespierre
>>
>>853392
quality
>>
>>853100

He couldnt, he has been nailed to it to prevent that.
>>
File: th.jpg (16 KB, 248x300) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
16 KB, 248x300
>>847574
This is fucking brilliant
>>
File: 1444836315859.gif (170 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1444836315859.gif
170 KB, 320x240
>>853392
>>
>>846710
>Have I ever told you the tragedy of the Confederate States of America? I thought not. It’s not a story the Yankees would tell you. It’s a South legend.
>The Southern States were a group of states so powerful and so politically wise, they could use the US Congress to influence the government to allow… Slaves.
>They had such a knowledge of politics, that they could even keep the abolitionists…from abolishing slavery and sending the blacks back to Africa.
>They became so rich, the only thing they were afraid of was losing their slaves… Which, eventually of course, they did.
>Unfortunately, the Southerners rebelled and the Yankees learned all their maneuvers and military tactics. Then they freed all their slaves and the South became a backwater.
>Ironic. They could save their slaves from being sent to a shithole, but not themselves.

>Not from a Yankee.
>>
>>847644
came here to post this
>>
>>856738
Eh.
Rework it a bit and you'd have something. The "could save [...] but couldn't" line is pretty solid
>>
>>856743
I was thinking maybe something along the lines of this:
>Have I ever told you the tragedy of the Confederate States of America? I thought not. It’s not a story the Yanks would tell you. It’s a South legend.
>The plantation owners of the South were so powerful and so wise, they could use the US Congress to influence the government to allow… Slavery.
>They had such a knowledge of politics, that they could even keep the slaves... From rebelling.
>They became so rich, the only thing they were afraid of was losing their slaves… Which, eventually of course, they did.
>Unfortunately, the Southerners rebelled and the Yankees learned all their maneuvers and military tactics. Then they freed all their slaves.
>Ironic. They could stop their slaves from rebelling, but not themselves.

>Not from a Yankee.
>>
>>856762
Seems worse.
The second line "plantation owners" should include a tongue-in-cheek note about their methods. Something about charismatic speeches that bothered businessmen-elite and made them leave before important votes could be held.
Third line needs something about convincing slaves that they were better off. Allude to either the taskmasters and force or using women to keep them placated.
Etc.
>>
>>846710
Nationalist China
>>
>>851244
>hurr my definition of tragedy is better than yours
Lmao. What the British government did to Turing was nothing less than despicable
>>
File: Statue-Augustus.jpg (492 KB, 1500x2250) Image search: [Google]
Statue-Augustus.jpg
492 KB, 1500x2250
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Marcus Junius Brutus the Younger?

"No."

I thought not. It's not a story the Stoics would tell you. It's an Optimates legend. Marcus Brutus was a Optimates Senator so idealistic and brave he could use force to influence the conspirators to take...life. He had such a knowledge of Caesar that he could even keep the republic he cared about from dying.

"He could actually save states from tyranny?"

The wealthy side of the Republic is a pathway to many orgies some consider to be unnatural.

"What happened to him?"

He became so loyal to the Republic that the only thing he cared about was betraying that loyalty...which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught Caesar's nephew everything he knew, then that nephew killed him in Macedonia. It's ironic...he could save others from idealism, but not himself.

"Is it possible to learn this statecraft?"

Not from a senator.
>>
File: no_offense.jpg (17 KB, 179x208) Image search: [Google]
no_offense.jpg
17 KB, 179x208
>>853100
Christ was just a man, a preacher in 1st century Judea, who preached in the apocalyptic style common to the late Second Temple period.

His 'divinity' was an invention by his later followers, and the success of his cult a stroke of luck.
>>
File: 320px-Ataúlfo_01.jpg (124 KB, 320x919) Image search: [Google]
320px-Ataúlfo_01.jpg
124 KB, 320x919
Have I ever told you the tragedy of King Ataulf? A man who tried to revive Rome? Who's infant son could have united two peoples?
>>
>>853401
was about to post this

>>847574
>>847642
>>847834
Nice
>>
>Did you ever hear the tragedy of Maximilien Robespierre the Rational?
>No
>I thought not. It's not a story the Bourbons would tell you. It's a Jacobin legend. Maximilien Robespierre was a President of the Committee of Public Safety so incorruptible and deist he could use reason to influence the National Assembly to execute...the king.
>He could actually keep a Revolution from being suppressed?
>The Rousseau side of the Enlightenment is a pathway to many philosophies some consider to be unnatural.
>What happened to him?
>He became so crucial a head of the Reign of Terror that the only thing he was afraid of was losing his head...which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his Artillery General everything he knew. Then his successor usurped him at his attempted suicide. Ironic. He could condemn others to the guillotine, but not himself.
>Not from a Bourbon.
>>
>>846815
kek
>>
>>853397
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_T1ykhy3Fg
Thanks, it's my first flip movie and I enjoyed it.
>>
>>859852
>The Rousseau side of the Enlightenment is a pathway to many philosophies some consider to be unnatural.

I've laughed loud. well done.
>>
>>846710
Did you ever hear the Tragedy of King Carolus XII of Sweden? Of course not it's not a Story the Russians,Danes, Prussians, Polish-Lithuanians would tell you. Carolus Rex was a Grand King of the Swedes so powerful and so wise, he could use the revolutionary military tactics to influence the Swedish population to create...a low low kill battle victories. He had such a knowledge of the Military, he could even keep the ones he cared about...Firing before they saw the whites of the enemies eyes

He became so powerful, the only thing he was afraid of was losing his wars...which, eventually of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his enemies everything he knew. Then his apprentice killed him in his siege of Oslo. Ironic. He could save others from death...but not himself.
>>
File: straight outta here.jpg (106 KB, 846x846) Image search: [Google]
straight outta here.jpg
106 KB, 846x846
>>860731
>Not from a slav.
>>
>>847574
>>847642
>>847834
This is why I come to 4chan
>>
File: >HOLY.png (112 KB, 238x299) Image search: [Google]
>HOLY.png
112 KB, 238x299
>>846710
>Did you ever hear the tragedy of the Holy Roman Empire? I thought not. It's not a story the French revolutionaries would tell you. It's a German legend.
>The Holy Roman Empire was an empire that was so holy and so Roman it could use the Pope to create... Holiness.
>It had such a knowledge of empires that it could even keep the government from centralizing.
>It became so holy and so Roman and so imperial that the only thing it was afraid of was becoming an agglomerate that was neither holy, nor Roman, nor an empire... Which eventually, of course, it did.
>Unfortunately, a French meme master learned everything it knew about it actually being neither holy, nor Roman, nor an empire, then Napoleon centralized it in 1806.
>Ironic. It could stop France from decentralizing, but not itself.

>Not from Voltaire.
>>
>>846754
Thanks for again reminding me why this is my favorite board
>>
>>859240
Source.
>>
>>847642
>yfw China's recession getting worse leads to a even more horrible oppressive regime.
>yfw China;s economy will burn on a beach on some fucking lava planet
>>
>>846748
>>850608
>Valerian
>"the wise"
>>
>>846710
Julian the Apostate
>>
>>861713
This is great
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.