[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was the greatest American who ever lived? >pic extremely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 14
Who was the greatest American who ever lived?

>pic extremely related
>>
>>845424
>>
George Washington.
>>
>>845455
>greatest american
>wasn't born in america
>>
Alexander Hamilton is the only correct answer
>>
Andrew "the bankslayer" Jackson
>>
>>845463
thanks for pointing this out, sir Anon.
>>
>>845470
Shoo shoo, you Federalist shill.
>>
>>845424
Jefferson
Check em.
>>
>>845463
>>845549
As OP, all Colonial Revolutionaries, born in Britain or otherwise, are allowed. Monarchists go to Guantanamo Bay.

It is amusing though. Most Americans don't realize many of our founding fathers spoke in British accents.
>>
Either some industrialist like Henry Ford or one of the founding fathers.
>>
>>845551
>Unironic anti-federalist
Plebian detected
>>
>>845424
William James, even though I have massive respect for Benny.
>>
>>845588
>Henry Ford
>Sucker of Hitler's dick

Nazis are not true Americans. Mr. Ford's candidacy is hereby null and void.
>>
>>845570
>Most Americans don't realize many of our founding fathers spoke in British accents.
Maybe where you come from, Bubba, but here they hammer it in our heads that the founding fathers were originally British.
>>
>>845696
The south and rural areas are more aware of it than others would be
>>
>>845605
>Sucker of Hitler's Dick
>Also getting his dick sucked by Hitler
More like a homo 69 sort of situation.
>>
Washington.
>>
File: GWCarver.jpg (162 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
GWCarver.jpg
162 KB, 500x482
Nelson Mandela
>>
There needs to be more diversity in this thread. Why couldn't a Muslim American be the greatest American? Or a woman? Or *gasp* a BLACK MUSLIM WOMAN?
>>
File: the hulkster.jpg (29 KB, 543x361) Image search: [Google]
the hulkster.jpg
29 KB, 543x361
/thread

t. American
>>
>>845742
*clapping intensifies*
>>
>>845731
Pathetic strawman

>>/out/
>>
File: Nicola Thomas Tesla Edison.jpg (15 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Nicola Thomas Tesla Edison.jpg
15 KB, 300x400
>>845424
Nicola Thomas Tesla Edison
>>
>>845424
Tesla
>>
>>845496
Andrew "the French connection" Jackson
>>
>>846888
fuck off retard
>>
File: abraham lincoln.jpg (494 KB, 1332x1644) Image search: [Google]
abraham lincoln.jpg
494 KB, 1332x1644
>"UNITED"
>>
>>845799
Andrew "the Injun Slayin" Jackson
>>
>>845424
Thomas Jefferson. No close second, even though he owned slaves (inb4 edginess).
>>
>>846918
>"STATES"
>>
>>847201
He literaly stole everything from that well known Serb, Nikola Tesla. He was slave owner and money opsesed fucker that used others to achive his goals. He fucked Tesla over.
Greatest people on planet were never driven by money and luxury, to be the greatest you got to have that "something" and Thomas never had it.
>>
>>845570
>British accents
This is so broad a category as to not signify much at all, only that the Midwestern variety of English did not exist then. Nor does it reference the possibility that accents were different at those times.
>>
File: JFK.jpg (51 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
JFK.jpg
51 KB, 640x960
>>
MLK
>>
Teddy
>>
>>847253
nigga.....Tesla was born in 1856
>>
MLK. He invented civil rights and equality
>>
Me
>>
>>847385
>>847896
overatted. He was a magnificent human being, but there were many many strong participators in the movement. Dr. King happened to be the perfect charismatic character that managed to draw the spotlight.
>>
>Americans
>great
>ever
>>
>>845455
Looks like artwork straight outta Bioshock Infinite
>>
John Brown
>>
File: liberty.jpg (108 KB, 800x474) Image search: [Google]
liberty.jpg
108 KB, 800x474
>>850464
needs more angels, mechanical birds and machine guns
>>
Benedict Arnold
>donates his own money for the revolutionary cause
>gets cucked for promotion by other generals
>cucked by the continental congress
>decides to switch sides after enduring years of personal humiliations
>HURR DURR FUCKING TRAITOR

I would have done the same in his place
>>
File: 1456203237550.jpg (22 KB, 540x527) Image search: [Google]
1456203237550.jpg
22 KB, 540x527
>>851419
>>
Mark Twain.
>>
File: pbuck.jpg (91 KB, 578x731) Image search: [Google]
pbuck.jpg
91 KB, 578x731
>>
>>851454
seconded
>>
>>845570
>It is amusing though. Most Americans don't realize many of our founding fathers spoke in British accents.
From what I've read, the Standard American accent has diverged far less from 18th century English than Received Pronunciation has.
>>
>>851629
Both are pretty far off. British West Country English is the closest modern dialect to how English was back then. But the "r" was always pronounced, as in modern American.
>>
>>847378
you can see the second shooter in the reflection. top left, trust me.
>>
>>847939
>magnificent human being
amend this to "showcased impressive elements of humanity" and we're good. Sleeping around while married and professing a christian faith isn't kosher, but it's that weird sort of understandable hypocrisy that gives him depth.
Guys who are all good or all bad don't show off too much about what being human is. Look at Napoleon.
>>
>>851774
To finish the sentiment:
Napoleon isn't interesting because he won and won and won. Like Caesar, he had his downfall.
>>
>>851774
I never think less of a man who sleeps around, even in blatant hypocrisy.
It boils down to whether he ultimately treats his wife/gf well.
Hypocrites for that matter don't really bother me. Most, if not all of us, have our public and private personas.
>>
I'm serious
>>
>>851828
that's what I'm talking about
it makes you sit and think about who the guy was
you know, when a guy lives this double life you wonder about how it makes him tick. What made him go do the big things he did.
it's like the mafia hitmen with a family on the side who don't know what he does for work
it's not meant to be negative. I'm trying to remember the name of the guy, but he wrote some brutally honest books and short stories and was a wife beater and alcoholic. If he was some cleancut guy his work wouldn't have the same honesty to it, which is what makes it so powerful.
>>
Donald Trump
>>
File: John_Cena.png (605 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
John_Cena.png
605 KB, 900x506
>>845424
>>
>>851880
>he wrote some brutally honest books and short stories and was a wife beater and alcoholic
Bukowski? Then again that's a hilariously wide set of criteria for authors.
>>
>>851991
It is, but that's the name I was looking for
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1200x675
>>
>>852002
Happy to help.
>>
hillary clinton
>>
>>845424
me desu
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.