[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is he so forgettable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: Gerald_Ford.jpg (2 MB, 3978x5838) Image search: [Google]
Gerald_Ford.jpg
2 MB, 3978x5838
why is he so forgettable?
>>
>>844059
Literally who
>>
Who?
>>
>>844059
Who is this?
>>
Jimmy Carter's post-presidential philanthropical work is what made him memorable imo
>>
>>844059
It could be worse, at least he isn't Millard Fillmore.
>>
>>844059
He was the supreme allied commander in WW2, how is he forgettable?
>>
>>844059

Serious answer: because he didn't want to be President. Nixon had kept him in the dark about Watergate so when the house of cards fell, Ford suddenly found himself running the country. Watch his inaugural address and his pardon speech, he's almost crying. He did not want the job but rolled with it since nobody else could take his job without a massive shitshow happening.

Remember, Nixon's original veep was Agnew. He was busted on corruption charges so Ford himself didn't really want to be veep in the first place.
>>
>>844059
Is Gerald Ford the one who used to wave his dick around in front of foreign diplomats, or am I thinking of LBJ?
>>
>>845279
>Gerald Ford
>SACEUR

Gerald Ford was in the Navy from 1942 to 1946, leaving the Navy as a Lieutenant Commander. He was never SACEUR. That was Eisenhower.
>>
GRAND RAPIDS STANDS WITH YOU GERRY!!!!!
>>
>>845801

LBJ, Ford's most famous moment was tripping down air force one's staircase
>>
>>844059
Is that Jimmy Carter?
>>
>>845897
this is the correct answer
>>
>>844059
He was a competent administrator sandwiched between two self-promoting hysterics.
>>
>>845897
this tbqh
>>
>>845897
>TFW Jimmy Carter was based as fuck but didn't know how to handle a hysteric American voter base.
>TFW Trump is cementing the fact that we clearly don't want statesmen, we want salesmen with big dicks.
>>
>>846230
>Jimmy Carter was based as fuck

Let's see here...
>limp dick foreign policy
>lol guise how do I Middle East?
>"human rights" advocate
>Liberal Protestantism
>Midnight regulations
>Thinking the Cold War was over the day his dumb ass entered the Oval Office
>Yet another rich white male who supported the welfare state, continuing the ruination of black society in America
>>
>>844059
Didn't even get a complete term. Just finished Nixon's second term and then didn't get elected to a term in his own right. His three most notable achievements: pardoning Nixon, (which literally nobody other than him and Nixon thought was a good idea,) tripping down the stairs from Air Force One, and almost getting shot by an idiot who didn't understand how make gun go bang.
>>
File: 2016-03-13-19-57-40-1812765116.jpg (8 KB, 198x254) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-13-19-57-40-1812765116.jpg
8 KB, 198x254
>>846380
>welfare state ruined blacks
You are ignorant, welfare state didn't ruin black society, blacks just take advantage of it.

It's funny that /pol/ HATES affirmative action and universal education when it's the only thing that could educate niggers and get them in the workforce.
>>
>>846428
Thomas Sowell would like a word with you. Compare black motherhood rates in the 1920s and 1930s, to today. There's a rise from about 20% to upwards of 70%. The government incentivized deadbeat dads and created the "niggers" that /pol/ hates today.

Black America was better off 10 years out of slavery than they were 10 years after the War on Poverty and the "civil rights movement".
>>
>>846520
No that's because of the war on drugs dingus. Niggers don't have father's and we all know how great single mothers are.
>>
>>846520
Do love me some Sowell. What a silky, suave voice he has.
>>
I've always heard that Ford was genuine and honest by politician standards but not particularly bright, and he didn't really understand much about politics or governing.

How right/wrong am I /his/?
>>
uh oh

this is slightly polticial
>>
>>846532
Go play Xbox, the adults are talking.
>>
>>846548
Read his work in his voice. It's wonderful.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/420807/scapegoat-strife-black-community-thomas-sowell
>>
File: sowell.jpg (38 KB, 230x308) Image search: [Google]
sowell.jpg
38 KB, 230x308
>>846520
>>846548
>>846728

This is now a Thomas Sowell thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bILldpGbVf0
>>
>>846747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiYH66HznW0
>>
>>846784
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6C9ZVr8J28#t=7.989292
>>
>>846747
He mentions schooling in his argument in that we give failing schools more money.

Have the No Child Left Behind and Head Start programs given us any more an inclination as to whether or not this is correct?
>>
Didn't do much after finishing with political life. Reagan wasn't such a big deal from 1988 until his death either.
>>
>>844059
Little known presidents were usually the best and the best known were usually among the worst.

But Ford was still shit.
>>
File: biff_tannen.jpg (21 KB, 357x269) Image search: [Google]
biff_tannen.jpg
21 KB, 357x269
Cause he's fucking Biff Tannen.
>>
File: Nixon_Ford_Carter.gif (157 KB, 370x487) Image search: [Google]
Nixon_Ford_Carter.gif
157 KB, 370x487
Why were the seventies such a weird time for America?
>>
Don't talk shit about Rocky Dennis, asshole.
>>
He never got elected
>>
>>845869
>the joke
>your head
>>
>>846520

Daily reminder there are still people on /his/ who think LBJ was a good president.
>>
>>847763
Watch a standard big budget movie from the 50's or 60's and then watch a movie that was about as popular from the 80's. Look at how massive the difference in what was considered socially acceptable was. It took 12 years for society to change its values like this, those years had to be weird.

On the other hand, now that I think about it, the 70's seems like a pretty normal decade, it was the 60's and 80's that were weird.
>>
>>845254

Jimmy Carter is the one that did all the stuff that Reagan is credited with/blamed for.
>>
File: AlinhamentoUSA.png (2 MB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
AlinhamentoUSA.png
2 MB, 1280x1440
>>845801
>>
>>846854
>Head Start

Head Start was shown to have no lasting effect around the time it was implemented, but was gone through with anyway because politics, IIRC.
>>
he wasn't even elected
>>
>>849559
Yeah I rank him in my top 5
>>
>>849390
>the joke
>retarted
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.