[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't the Americans incorporate native Americans into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: native-american-maiden-costume-1.jpg (284 KB, 2035x2035) Image search: [Google]
native-american-maiden-costume-1.jpg
284 KB, 2035x2035
Why didn't the Americans incorporate native Americans into the revolutionary war as much as the British did?
>>
Because one of the things the colonists were mad about was that the British didn't allow them to spread further into the frontier aka native territory.

Why the fuck would the natives fight for people actively trying to take their land? This is like asking why Hezbollah doesn't fight for Israel. The British promised the injuns if they won, they would keep the colonists from spreading west.
>>
>>843054
*Hamas not Hezbollah Fugg
>>
>>843054
>Trusting Anglo promises
Oh God,
>>
>>843046
Because Americans wanted all the native land
The greedy little bastards
>>
>>843046
Colonists gibmedat, squatting everywhere.
>>
>>843059
Still better than trusting germans
>>
File: 1457471617880.gif (13 KB, 323x479) Image search: [Google]
1457471617880.gif
13 KB, 323x479
>>843267
>>
>>843059
>>843267
>>843286
Pretty cool memes, bros ! Can I join in?
>>
File: aidf56.jpg (735 KB, 1200x872) Image search: [Google]
aidf56.jpg
735 KB, 1200x872
>>843291
begone, AIDF
>>
>>843291
Anglos have a history of making a lot of promises and then breaking all of them.
>>
>>843307
examples?
>>
>>843323
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfidious_Albion
>>
>>843223
I would genocide the fuck out of that, if you know what I mean
>>
>>843342
none of them are promises. It's mostly just portugal and italy complaining that Britain stole the colonial lands that THEY were going to steal from the natives.

'perfidious albion' is just a term for sore losers
>>
>>843323
Promising the lands of and around Israel to multiple people just to make allies during war.

Making deals with the Zulu and then later using paultry excuses to go to war after the discovery of diamonds in the nearby regions.
>>
>>843223
>land
Land has no intrinsic value. Read Henry George.
>>
>>843046
Many chiefs of the Iroquois confederacy fought alongside the Americans as well as the British. Then Washington stabbed them all in the back.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.