[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /his/ shit on the African American belief that they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (631 KB, 2539x2113) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
631 KB, 2539x2113
Why does /his/ shit on the African American belief that they have a tie to Egypt when they don't make fun of any other orgin story?
England has nothing to do with Troy, Jews have nothing to do genetically with Judea, Americans literally have nothing to do with Rome, so why does his get butthurt everytime a member of an down held group makes up its own mythology?

Isn't that history?
>>
>>842892
what's this about england having links to troy? I know literally nothing about it
>>
>>842892
Stop baiting with this shit, we've had enough.
>>
>>842892
It's /pol/tards exaggerating the presence and overstating the relevance of a phenomena in order to point and laugh at niggers.
>>
>>842892

Yes, what the fuck is this? I'm English and I have never once heard of anyone claiming any connection to Troy in any way.

For that matter I've never heard any America claiming connection with Rome other than via general European cultural heritage, it's more of a conceitful comparison than a claim of connection.
>>
>Jews have nothing to do genetically with Judea,
SHUT IT DOWN
>>
>>842892
All Jewish communities have Levantine roots, all of them.
>>
>>842892
Technically everyone is a cousin of everyone who has ever lived, and is currently alive.
>>
Never heard about the England and Troy one.
The US do have a connection to Rome culturally and religiously, they even being the state to really popularize the idea of a Republic.
While Jews may not share enough genetic history with the old people of Judea they do share their religion and since not long ago their language, besides, having the Jews being the offspring of the diaspora that was kicked out of Israel isn't that much of a crazy theory.
The theory about Egyptians once having been black is just seen as ridiculous by so many on 4chan since they are claiming that somehow not only ancient Egypt was black but also that a few hundred thousand invaders managed to radically change a country with a population of millions.
It's also pretty funny for the average /pol/ack since they are claiming such a noble past since they are so shitty no.
>>
File: oliver_cromwell_statue.jpg (66 KB, 660x660) Image search: [Google]
oliver_cromwell_statue.jpg
66 KB, 660x660
>>842892
>England has nothing to do with Troy

>Americans literally have nothing to do with Rome

Are you just making shit up now?
>>
>>842892
>England has nothing to do with Troy
That was a Dutch bloke, probably smoked too much grass
>>
>>842892
Because no one from those places actually believes in those myths. Except the jew one.
>>
File: CW3QgwhUwAAyAoP.jpg (47 KB, 423x395) Image search: [Google]
CW3QgwhUwAAyAoP.jpg
47 KB, 423x395
WE
>>
>>842898
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutus_of_Troy

Lots of European dynasties claimed descent from Trojans. Habsburg genealogies went even further and included Saturn, Hercules, and Osiris.
>>
>>842892
>Jews have nothing to do genetically with Judea
About fucking time someone other than myself said this.
>>
>>842892
You could have made this a more compelling argument by less focusing on the extremes and more on common similar expressions by whites, particularly in the new world: "we was gentry": many people, even here, think they have the right to a coat of arms from some diminished lineage that some distant ancestor may have been a member of. "We was distantly connected to some famous figure", "we was Irish": we choose to ignore our majority heritage from some boring or even out group in favour of a distant relative of more interesting background. Look at the diminishment of Anglo heritage in the US census for instance.
>>
>>843004
should have used more semicolons
>>
>>842999
WE
>>
>>842999

Well blimey. I'm from Totnes and I never knew Brutus was supposed to be linked to Troy. I also thought he was just a local myth.
>>
>>842892
>Jews have nothing to do genetically with Judea
But that's wrong
>>
>>842908

American here. I don't know of any serious claimed connection between the US and Rome, but the Founding Fathers were huge enthusiasts of Roman history and based the US government on the Roman Republic's, plus going heavy on the neo-classical architecture and actually giving serious thought on making the national language of the US Latin and having Senators wear togas.

>>842892
But Jews do share a strong genetic link to the Levant, even the Ashkenazi European half-breeds.
>>
>>842999
>Habsburg genealogies went even further and included Saturn, Hercules, and Osiris.

To be fair, that wouldn't be that big of a stretch. The Habsgurgs were realated to many, many people; and mostly to them self.
>>
>>842892
>england has nothing to do with troy
>americans have nothing to do with rome
what the fuck. when did americans or english ever claim anything like that.
also. >making up your own history isn't bad
nice try libercuck
>>
>>845866
>Who is Brutus of Troy?
>America doesn't still have the fasces as a national symbol
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 480x690) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 480x690
>>842892
I can't believe you're even saying this
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 400x308) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 400x308
>>845878
>Memes and picture of a young overexcited boy

This a two player game
>>
>>845876
who fucking cares what nations have as symbols. that's a completely different thing. america could have a fucking yin-yang symbol with a kangaroos ass on it for all i care.
secondly. that happened ages ago. no modern non-greek european is claiming to be of greek heritage and bragging about it.
>>
The only problem I have with that is when afrocentrists claim that Egypt was 100% black, which it was not and still is not. The range of skin colors in Egypt is everything from pretty white to blacker than soot from their head to their foot. Plus Cleopatra was an inbred as fuck Ptolemy, I have no idea why she would be black either.
>>
Rather than post a new thread, is there any evidence that negrocentrism is taken at all seriously in academia, or do >KANGZ shitposters entirely overstate the relevance of the phenomena in order to spam shit memes?
>>
>>845905
if you're still too retarded to understand,
>americans didn't claim to be romans. they were just romaboos
>ancient europeans claimed to be greek. modern ones don't. guess who's writing the history books of today?
>modern day afro-americans are claiming they came from ancient egyptian pharaohs. while most of them actually came from the low sahara or sub-saharan territories.
>>
>>845905
>>845982
>Americans claim to be Irish
>Most of them are from county Derry
>>
File: Buchanan.jpg (433 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Buchanan.jpg
433 KB, 768x1024
>>846012
wew
>>
File: 9ce.png (100 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
9ce.png
100 KB, 557x605
>>842892
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.