[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was "degenerate" art? When the creator's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: Arno_Breker_werkend.jpg (37 KB, 411x550) Image search: [Google]
Arno_Breker_werkend.jpg
37 KB, 411x550
What was "degenerate" art? When the creator's ethnic group was obviously non-German it's self-explanatory, but what about the ethnic Germans whose art and music were banned? And why was Arno Breker in particular considered to be the opposite of it?
>>
I guess since fascism relies on the absolute domination of the folk, the government disallows expression that doesn't support the agenda.
>>
>>840192
I was hoping you had left.
>>
>>839044
basically non traditional art
>>
>>840214
What's so traditional about this?
>>
It's the word people use to describe art they can't understand, but they understand enough to know it's intended as art.

It's people who aren't interested in learning a language saying the language is useless for conveying meaning.
>>
>>840192

Autism; the post
>>
>>840237
>It's people who aren't interested in learning a language saying the language is useless for conveying meaning.

But that's kidna true.
Not saying it's completely useless but it's muhc more wieldy to use the education language to say the term because using the local one it's to unwieldy, that word doesn't exist.

In Paraguay the majority of the population speak Guarani but for educational purposes and terminology they use Spanish because not only do they know how to speak Spanish, Spanish has the words to convey the subjects better then Guarani. This applies to many places like French in French speaking Africa, Scandinavia and English, comp sci and English.
>>
File: 1457284177891.jpg (35 KB, 445x604) Image search: [Google]
1457284177891.jpg
35 KB, 445x604
>>840192
kill urself
>>
>>840264

Are you saying that Spanish can convey everything Guarani can, with the same nuance, and more?

This is my point. If you don't speak Guarani, how do you know it can't convey meaning that other languages you know cannot?

If you recognize something is supposed to be art, and you aren't willing to take the time to learn the form enough to know if it's good or bad, you're making the same error as a person who thinks one language can be described as superior from an objective viewpoint.

If it's 'degenerate', it's being dismissed as art in a form that can only produce bad art, by comparison to language, it's like saying a language is 'degenerate' if you yourself cannot understand what is meant by speakers. Then this is the reason you shouldn't try to speak it, because you didn't immediately understand it.
>>
>>840192
You're the guy that hates Greek statues aren't you.
>>
>>840320
>he's the guy that thinks anime is not realistic
>>
>>840320
How would you conclude that from what he posted? Can you even read?
>>
>>840320
>>840342
Stop it children
>>
>>840366
>How would you conclude that from what he posted?
Same brand of autism, same prudish, bigoted attitude to human sentiment, human form representation and humandesire.
>>
>>840366
Because hes a shitposter
>>
>>840377
Ok. Now I see that your reading comprehension is on par with a typical mental retard.
>>
>>840392
Don't be assmad now tripfag. You can keep using your trip.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.