[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /his/ think of Peter Hitchens body of work? Is /his/ Moral?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: theAOB.jpg (70 KB, 420x629) Image search: [Google]
theAOB.jpg
70 KB, 420x629
What does /his/ think of Peter Hitchens body of work?

Is /his/ Moral?
>>
>>838966
>Peter Hitchens

0/10 used it for kindling.
>>
>Peter Hitchens
>>>/pol/
>>
>>838966
Is The Rage Against God any good?

I was thinking about picking it up.
>>
>>838966
>An english Shiite

Wow
>>
>>838966
Is he alt-right tier?
>>
>>839309
He's Coast to Coast AM radio tier.
>>
>>839298
No. Entire argument boils down to:
>You need even more faith not to believe in God than to believe! If anything Christianity is the true science, and atheism is the true religion!

Somehow Chris got all the brains and all the looks
>>
>>839451
Not to mention all the bantz.
>>
>>838966
Peter reminds me of that pain-in-the ass Uncle you're forced to see on holidays. Stern, humorless, always asking you on dry topics which are just a passive aggressive way of him judging you, giving your gf a dour look for having a tattoo or some shit, etc.
>>
>>838966
>Writes for the Mail on Sunday
I prefer facts
>Tory
>Theist
>Pro-monarchy
Nope
>>
>>839787
Haha faggot.
> getting triggered by the mail
>>
>>840053
I'm not triggered, it's just I've seen so much stuff in it that is not fact at all.
A girl I know had her photo used in it, given a name that wasn't hers, and quoted as saying something she's never said. It's bullshit.
>>
Never liked the guy until he appeared as a guest on a left wing Australian panel show, and every time he spoke someone would interrupt him and the audience would applaud him being silenced.

He fucking tore the audience a new anus and shamed them into shutting the fuck up, and how eloquent he was about expressing his horror that this is how people argue in modern times, by silencing others that don't agree with them, actually made me respect him a lot more.
>>
people think he is smarter than he is because the quality of "public intellectuals" in this country is so fucking low

he is just a common or garden old school conservative Anglican reactionary with some wacky ideas about drugs
>>
>>839309
Nah, he's just a traditionalist.
>>
>>840062
Same with every paper. Read a polly toynbee column on the tax system. Pulling it out of her arse
>>
>>840071
Could I get a source on this, pls?
>>
>>840374
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoUIa5_yFI8
guessing this one is more concise:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQY4BuYWD4s
>>
>>838966
He's seldom wrong on his criticism of the left

He's seldom right when just shooting shit
>>
>>842327
So a bunch of "muh values, muh degeneracy abloo abloo" crap. "Don't hurt my feefees :("
>>
>>839787
>Peter Hitchens
>Tory
Spotted the dumbass.
>>
File: 1399039722761.gif (653 KB, 220x258) Image search: [Google]
1399039722761.gif
653 KB, 220x258
>>838966
He's right about the New Left, but he didn't have to become a Christian conservative to be that.
>>
>>839540
I've met him, he's far from humourless.
>>
>>842348
This. He has fairly little actual intellectual worth so even though he's good at pointing out weaknesses he's not great at constructing alternatives.
>>
>>844398
What was he like?
>>
Dreary, depressing nonsense.

Peter Hitchens reminds me of the turkey in the turkey problem. He's someone who is utterly incapable of thinking outside of his own system of thought, probably and ironically in the same way when he was still a enthusiastic Marxist
>>
>>844411
Trotskyist Marxist.
>>
>>844406
Drinks wine very slowly, kind of rude but in a sort of ironic self-aware way.
>>
>>844411
Considering he supports the nationalisation of the railways and opposes the de-industrialisation of Britain despite being conservative, he can think outside of his own system of thought.

The fact he ever changed from Trotskyism to Conservatism also shows he is capable of thinking outside of his own system of thought.
>>
>>844411
>He's someone who is utterly incapable of thinking outside of his own system of thought

Yeah, and I'm sure you are Mr. Non-ideological Superhero.
>>
>>844437
Drinking wine quickly is immoral as fuck m8
>>
>>839309
Yeah except too establishment, christian edgelord who is anti-drugs
>>
>>838966

Oh, hey DVD been a while.

Dave Dimbleby here
>>
>>844411
>if someone disagrees they are just close minded

He was a Marxist ffs, I'm sure he knows the opposing mindset on most issues.
>>
>>844453
>supports the nationalisation of the railways and opposes the de-industrialisation of Britain

Neither of these are unconservative positions anyway.
>>
>>838966
I like him. He's no Edmund Burke but he's solid.

Check out Roger Scruton, he's more high brow and somewhat similar in tone and content.
>>
>>845324
>establishment
>Peter Hitchens

Good one m8
>>
>>839451
>>839500
>muh personal bias
Whose alive m8s?
Also Chris got smoked by Berlinski.
>>
>>839298
Its a book that could have been written by his brother in the way that whilst a fun read with witty anecdotes there isnt much substance to it.

Long story short he experianced the following:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stendhal_syndrome

which combined with the converstativsm that comes with age.
>>
>>845592
>smoked
>Berlinski
Doesn't even belong in the same sentence.
>>
>>838966
His entire life has basically been sent being the antithesis of his brother.
>>
>>845663
You mean his entire middle aged life.
>>
>>845344
britpol never dies lad
>>
b
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.