[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WW2 alternative history
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 19
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 392x604) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 392x604
Some say Germany could have won ww2 but it just seems hopeless. How exactly could they have won?
>>
File: bomber harris.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bomber harris.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>837214
By not starting it.
>>
File: image.jpg (248 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
248 KB, 800x680
>>837218
That's no fun...
>>
File: Curtis_LeMay_(USAF).jpg (1 MB, 1694x1935) Image search: [Google]
Curtis_LeMay_(USAF).jpg
1 MB, 1694x1935
>>837226
Sure wasn't fun for the Germans.
>>
>>837214
Been more diplomatic. Maybe avoid picking shitty allies and terrifying enemies.
>>
>>837245
That's the problem I basically hear this but what specifically could they have done?
>>
I'm no military genius, but why attack Poland when Britain and France have guaranteed it's safety? Back then they had soviets sorta on their side, but then where's the logic in invading the fucking soviet union while there was still shit to do in the west?

Also their war machine was quite clumsy and demanding of spare parts and oil. Lots of oil. I guess that's what happens when you let manchildren lead wars.

Speaking of manchildren, what's with animefriends and fascism? You'd think the ol' Adolf wouldn't appreciate such faggotry
>>
>>837251
Honestly? Nothing. At the outset of the war they could have thrown everything they had, completely abandoned all rules of engagement and civil warfare, but it would have only postponed their defeat a little longer and turned the war into a hell on earth.

Japan revoked a number of orders enforcing civil warfare in the Pacific, and in turn the US and ANZACs went fucking nuts, giving no quarter, burning the enemy alive, taking trophies ect.

Unable to really speed or slow nuke development, it would have all come to much the same end, though at the cost of Europe's soul.
>>
>>837261
Adolf was a complete weaboo
>>
File: image.jpg (387 KB, 800x655) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
387 KB, 800x655
>>837261
I think he would have loved anime.
>>
>>837286
>>837287
Yes he'd be totally down for young men not going to work, excersising, doing military service or procreating, opting instead to sit in their apartments watching some cynical japs take on the life of underage somewhat lesbian school girls. Hitler would be proud of you guys

But that was like, a small sidenote on my post
>>
>>837282
>Germany uses biological warfare against the US
>Thousands of civilians die
>US invasion reaches Berlin
>The rape is two-fold as American and Soviets proceed to hatefuck everything in sight

Truly a better outcome for all, though not for the citizens of Berlin, obviously.
>>
>>837294
>Anime is only watched by Otakus and they existed in the 40's
Holy shit. You're A FUCKING GENIUS. BE OUR LEADER, PLEASE, YOUR STAGGERING INTELLIGENCE AND INSIGHT IS OUR ONLY HOPE!
>>
>>837303
No need to get so upset friendo, I'm sure your life is quite the success story. What was Hitler's favourite anime show then? And wouldn't he just love, say, Yuru Yuri or K-On? Which was kind of my point.
>>
>>837261
>I'm no military genius, but why attack Poland
As a buffer, for one thing. Poland obviously wasn't going to sign up with Germany against the USSR and the bongs and frogs would probably have it just stand down if Stalin decided to stab Germany in the back so that was pretty much a huge liability for them - not to mention the fact that Germany really, really wanted Danzig.
>>
File: Hitler-Snow-White.png (254 KB, 731x801) Image search: [Google]
Hitler-Snow-White.png
254 KB, 731x801
>>837321
Daily reminder that Hitler was a fan of Walt Disney's Snow White (those are actually his drawings).
>>
File: hitler-japan-photo.jpg (66 KB, 634x727) Image search: [Google]
hitler-japan-photo.jpg
66 KB, 634x727
>>837286
>>837287
:)
>>
>>837295
British unleash all the anthrax, all of it. In operation vegetarian

Europe dies.

>laughing Farage
>>
>>837214
>How exactly could they have won?
Surrendered to France in 1939?
>>
>>837294
What do you think HiroHito would have thought about anime?

He wasn't around for the 90s or 2000s anime.

>>837321
Adolf would have probably liked something like Attack on Titan.

>German characters and culture
>Struggle
>Nationalist humanity

That's really getting off topic though
>>
Maybe by some miracle Germany could convince America to join forces?
>>
>>837717
Maybe they stage a "911" sort of attack and pay some Russian guys lots of money's to "confess" they worked for the Russians and release pictures of the attack to the American public?
>>
>>837214
Hitler's strive for the political arena was not mirrored in his blatant incompetence of military strategy.
>>
>>837214
Setting different goals, setting the war up strategically different.

The primal flaw of German strategy was that they didn't learn from WW1. Germany didn't reconsider the purpose of war, as Clausewitz would call it. The German generals held the belief that a conflict of essentially the same constellation could be won if only the they fought harder, by maximisation of the tactical potential. Tactically, Germany was most competent in WW1 and at least initially also in WW2. But you can fight as well as you want, you also have to win a war - and that can only be done by achieving tactical victories with strategic purpose and converting them through that into political achievements.

If Germany wants to win, Germany needs to go back to the drawing board rather than "trying harder". It doesn't matter how much better you fight if the enemy outnumbers you and has way more resources at his disposal. In '45 the US got nukes and then it's game-over anyway.
>>
File: 1381686951498.jpg (38 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
1381686951498.jpg
38 KB, 500x335
>>837294
Joke's on you. Look at Hitler's figure collection.

Clearly it's your own subhuman inferiority that doesn't let you realise the glory of anime.
>>
>>837214
It's allways Germany winning war with you people. It's done to death already.

Why not try to think on other alternative histories of WW2? Like Italy being some succeful or Japan winning, or Germany losing faster?
>>
>>837245
> shitty alies
Do the Japanese count? I mean they started war with the US but Italy really caused the problems
>>
>>838755
>that pic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMxTFqPET5I
>>
No chance desu. They simply didn't have the logistics to do the war anywhere past conquering well developed European nations. Even if they took Moscow and Stalingrad from the soviets they would still have to fight to fucking Kamchatka in order to win in the east because the Russians would never fucking surrender. Their enemies had almost unlimited rescores, manpower, and morale to keep on fighting while Germany had to depend on the most that she could scrape up within its borders. Eventually the allies would win, no matter how favorable of a scenario the Germans get
>>
>>837214
Nuclear Weapons.

Hitler not trying to micromanage the war and letting his generals make all the important decisions.
>>
>>837245
This. Japan actually shocked Hitler and Churchill when they surprised attack PH and the Phillipines base.
>>
>>839842
That is because America didn't want to tell anyone they were goading Japan into attacking them.

It was pretty obvious to the American high command what was going to happen.
>>
By limiting the war to only Sudentenland and Poland.
>>
>>839858
That is completely false. They stopped sending them oil hoping to slow down the war machine, but honestly did not think Japan was capable of doing anything to them whatsoever. You seem to forget how rascist they really were, McArthur is a prime example and the US attorney general at the time.
>>
I have a semi related question. What if during the "Phony War" Germany never invaded France and Belgium? Would the stalemate just last forever until they agreed on some kind of truce, or would France and UK eventually attempted to invade Germany?
>>
>>839876
America had broken Japanese code well before the war even began.

But they pulled all their decoding machines from all the major bases, including Pearl Harbor. Yet somehow all the Aircraft Carriers were away from the base the day of the attack on 'weather notice', despite clear weather and the fact that even bad weather wouldn't damage a carrier.

If you don't think the events surrounding PH are sketchy, then you haven't read up anything about it.
>>
>>839891
I'll concede that and they fact that MacArthur had all of his planes lined up on the run ways in the far east just sitting there, knowing that PH was hit does make me cast doubt. If the US was to even enter the war they had a clear chance at indochina, I sincerely believe they underestimated them.
>>
>>839917
MacArthur was genuinely incompetent in retrospect, if you see his performance in Korea for example.

But there is no logical reason to believe that the decoding machines that could break Japanese code would have not been issued to every major base in the Pacific. The only explanation is that the US High Command didn't want any of the bases to figure out that the Japanese were planning an attack and to let them just have the first strike in order to give firm justification to going into the war.

And while US did underestimate Japan during the initial stages of the war, they at least had the sense to pull out the Aircraft Carriers from PH.
>>
File: 1457192008247 (2).png (250 KB, 892x510) Image search: [Google]
1457192008247 (2).png
250 KB, 892x510
>>837261
ITT people who doesnt understand or know european history.
>>
>>839969

>And while US did underestimate Japan during the initial stages of the war, they at least had the sense to pull out the Aircraft Carriers from PH.

And send them to the more exposed Wake island to reinforce the garrison there? Truly an example of knowing what the Japanese were up to. If they were trying to shuffle the carriers away, they'd have moved them east, not west.
>>
>>839988
You have to feel bad for Poland in a way.

They wanted a war and the chance to steal a bunch of land, but they never expected to be so soundly BTFO by the Germans and then the Russians.

Then after they were fully used up and fulfilled their purpose, they were left to hang and abandoned by their 'allies' to be a Communist puppet.
>>
>>840013
They had the codes broken.

They knew where Japan was going to strike, and knew that the Wake Islands would be safe. It is pretty obvious what was happening, even the Japanese knew something was up and didn't send in the second wave.
>>
>>840028

They broke Purple, which was not the only code that the Japanese used, and was not the code in which the Pearl Harbor strike orders were sent in. JN-25, that particular code, would not be broken until mid-1942.
>>
>>837261
They never had the soviets on their side, stalin and hitler both knew they would fight one another some day.
The reason hitler invaded was because he had intel that showed stalin planned an invasion of europe, operation thunder.
It was only 3 weeks to spare before stalins forces would invade.
>>
>>840050
The machine that had and was capable of breaking code was not deployed to PH.

Now explain to me why the Navy wouldn't deploy their own code-breaking devices on their largest base in the Pacific during a time of high tensions in East Asia? It was so that there would be no warning in prior case. The idea was to give Japan 1st strike privilege to get public support for the War.
>>
Was WW2 just a long con to get Anime?
>>
>>840086

>The machine that had and was capable of breaking code was not deployed to PH.

JN-25 was not broken by ANY source, American, British, or Dutch, by the time of Pearl Harbor.

http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/PTO/Magic/JN-25/JN-25.1.html

They're recovering, on average, about 10% of values sent from August 1941-Feb 1942. That's not decoded at all.

>Now explain to me why the Navy wouldn't deploy their own code-breaking devices on their largest base in the Pacific during a time of high tensions in East Asia? It was so that there would be no warning in prior case. The idea was to give Japan 1st strike privilege to get public support for the War.

Now explain to me if they really knew everything the Japanese were sending, why they wouldn't allow the strike to go forward, sail out their battleships to make contact with the unprotected by heavy gunship carriers at night when planes can't do torpedo strikes, declare to the world the perfidy of the attempted sneak attack and sink the cream of the Japanese navy in a single blow?

Stop reading conspiracy crap. They hadn't broken the naval code, they broke a fucking diplomatic code. And surprise, you don't kit out naval bases with the sort of gear to listen in on what ambassadors are saying.
>>
>>840115
I hear tell the attack at Pearl was ordered by the Black Pope to Masons FDR and Hirohito who obliged their extreme blood oaths, details arranged through Jesuit couriers.

The Jap pilots were also ordered to stand down on the fuel tank farm which didn't get a scratch even though it was an obvious target, bigger than the ships and more importantly, would have prevented the US fleet from immediately entering the Pacific war. The most brutal front of the entire war where heretics massacred each other in pointless island warfare!
>>
>>837214
If Rudolf Hess' autistic plot worked out, which probably would have required a different British PM, the Germans would have had open sea lanes and not had to bother investing time and effort in garrisoning France or the desert war etc. The optimal outcome would have been
>France cedes some of its East to Germany and something like Tunisia to Italy
>Germany will leave France
>Britain/France and Germany will not get involved in each others affairs
>Secret clause guaranteeing UK/France will support Barbarossa in exchange for Germany leaving Greece/Middle East/colonies alone
>>
>>837214
>Do everything the same way until 1942.
>Barbarossa_starts.gif
>Take Belarus and Ukraine
>As soon as you get that far, dig in
>slowly start strenghtening the lines while pulling the soldiers back
>Only leave relatively small crews with enough supplies to last
>Before Ivan is ready your line of just the defences is 30km wide
>Ivan could break through, but at the cost so big that the Germans from behind the line could sweep in and deal real nazi damage

mfw I'm sure that's how the next conflict in Europe will play out

mfw lines like that could be broken easily by WMDs.

mfw that will be the start of warhammer 40k like "I've seen whole armies evaporated in nuclear clouds".

Ready for criticism
>>
>>840965

The obvious criticism is two fold:

If you stop your advance in Belarus and the Ukraine, you're not getting anywhere close to the Soviet industrial heartland around the Volga, which means they probably won't start railing their factories away, and none of that production impact, especially on manufacturing quality.

Secondly, even with further back line, you're still talking a front that probably stretches from Latvia down to the Black Sea. That's around 1,500 km long. Sure, you can fortify in depth, but along that long of a line, you're almost certain to have a weak point somewhere (or several weak points somewhere) where things were overlooked and defenses were placed poorly, and given enough time for the Soviets to build, they'll hit you all along the line and find those points before pouring through.
>>
File: google it.png (328 KB, 497x658) Image search: [Google]
google it.png
328 KB, 497x658
>>837286
this guy gets it
>>
>>837294
But Adolf was one of those young men, except maybe minus the not going to the military part.
>>
what if russians attacked germany first instead of getting fucked in the ass in the early stages of the war
>>
dude what if lol
>>
>>841742
I remember learning that the us could have sided with Germany if that actually happened. The Americans didn't know about the whole holocaust thing until later on. I wonder how the war would have turned out then?
>>
>>841759
I don't think D day would have been such a pain in the ass.
>>
>>837214
Help Poland fight off an invading Soviet Union.

Ethnic Germans would have a better time in Poland as Germany and Poland would have better relations. Germany would be seen as the good guy, and thus get support from countries like US and UK. All this, plus German military doctrine and alliances, would probably make Germany a victor.
>>
>>837226
>Mexico

What the hell
>>
>>841781
this would be pretty dope. the rest of europe join germany in fighting the communists. facism becomes a legitimate and publicly supported ideology. germany and europe become the super power rivalling the united states instead of the ussr.

germany vs america coldwar would have been... interesting...
>>
>>837261
>but why attack Poland when Britain and France have guaranteed it's safety?

Hitler and most of germany wanted danzig and probably some revenge for the treaty of versailles

>but then where's the logic in invading the fucking soviet union

if hitler didn't attacked, the soviet union would had invaded germany
>>
>>837261
>Why attack Poland when Britain and France have guaranteed it's safety?

Miscalculated gamble.

>violate Versailles armament regulations
>Allies do nothing

>remilitarize Rhineland
>Allies do nothing

>annex Austria
>Allies do nothing

>threaten Czechoslovakia with war
>Allies do nothing and even hand him Sudetenland on a silver platter

He basically thought that the Atlantic powers were so eternally cucked that they're gonna allow him to do everything. My theory is that he wanted to annex Poland and then force a powerplay with the Allies and attempt to unite with them against bolshevik Russia, but alas.
>>
>>841799
Keep on dreaming, kraut
>>
Stupid question but if Germany and Japan were allies why didn't Hitler request much needed help from the Japanese against the Russians instead of attacking Perl Harbor? That was one of the worst moves the axis could have made isn't it? Why didn't Japan put its enemies aside and help with Russia and worry about China and America later? If they had done this I don't think America would have gotten involved and it would have given Germany a chance to win the war wouldn't it?
>>
>>841817
He did request it, they said "no".
>>
>>841817
>Wouldn't have gotten involved
>>
File: images (29).jpg (31 KB, 383x384) Image search: [Google]
images (29).jpg
31 KB, 383x384
>>
>>841821
Why though? Is Japan retarded?
>>
>>841817
After Khalkhin Gol Japan was perfectly aware that it wouldn't be up to the task of fighting the Soviets, so they demurred and signed a neutrality pact with the Soviets up until the Soviets broke it when it was clear the US had fucked the nips up enough anyway.
>>
>>841825
They would retarded if they attacked the USSR, big time. They already had most of their forces focused on south Asia against Britain and on the Pacific, they wanted oil and they got their asses kicked by the Soviets three years before. Bear in mind that this was before massive oil reserves were discovered in Siberia, so from a Japanese perspective they would be getting literally NOTHING from invading the USSR.
>>
>>841826
Germany was sure doing a good job though? With the added support from the Japanese and America out of the picture I'm positive they could have done it. They wouldn't have had to take so much soldiers off the front line.
>>
>>841825
Yes because going to war with Russia, China and USA would've been a smart move
>>
>>841831
I'm saying if they didn't get invilved in South Asia in the first place.
>>
>>841833
If you lost to the fucking pre-Winter War Red Army you really aren't going to stand much of a chance against any Red Army after 1941.
>>
>>841835
I'm saying if they didn't attack China and focused on the Soviet Union. If that happened the Us wouldn't have got involved in the war in the first place.
>>
>>837346

>Hitler loved Snow White, because it involved white people.

TOP TOP KEK
>>
>>841843
>>841837

They attacked China in the mid 30s for fuck's sake when Germany was still buddy-buddy with the USSR.

Also once again, they would be getting nothing, N O T H I N G from attacking the Soviets. There would be no benefit.
>>
>>841843
>Why don't you refrain from attacking the fractured nation full of unexploited natural resources in the middle of a civil war
>and attack that huge fucking nation that managed to beat you before it got embarrassed by a handful of autistic finns
>>
>>841847
How about this. What if Germany offers Japan protection from the U.S. After the war with the soviets? That would give Japan free range to attack China like they wanted after the war and isn't that the reason they attacked perl harbor anyways? They thought they could be don't with the war by the time the American built a new fleet of ships? Germany and Japan at full strength would have destroyed the Russians and then Japan could have its war with no fear from America and I doubt America would have done anything if they didn't get attacked in the first place. That would in turn leave Germany all of Eurupe. Everybody wins!
>>
>>841868
>protection from the US

And how exactly would they do this? Hauling half of their forces into eastern Pacific or something?

Also once again reminding you, it wasn't an "either China or the USSR" kind of situation. They were already neck deep in the war with the Chinese by the time Germans decided to attack the Russians.
>>
>>841868
Hell if they did it this way America probably would have sent the Germans weapons and war supplies. They hated the Russians.
>>
>>841868
>What if Germany offers Japan protection from the U.S.
An impractical promise given the Japanese Empire's existence is contingent on naval power, and Germany had none. It also had no colonies in the Pacific and couldn't practically defend it.
>Germany and Japan at full strength would have destroyed the Russians
Germany might have, assuming the US doesn't ship the Soviets anything and the Soviets were bungled the opening of Barbarossa worse than they actually did. Japan would have been irrelevant. Out of the 600 Soviet Divisions the Soviets raised by December 1941, a mere 40 (at most) were the Siberian divisions that had been rushed from the Japanese border, and those divisions had proven more than capable of trouncing the Japanese fairly easily even before the mistakes of the Winter War and Barbarossa were rectified.
>>
>>841888
>An impractical promise given the Japanese Empire's existence is contingent on naval power, and Germany had none.
This. Germany had such a shit navy they had to be extremely economical even with their Atlantic fleet, let alone sending what little they had on the other side of the planet.
>>
>>841877
They would have had to plan it this way from before anybody attacked anybody. That's what I'm getting at. Germany could have threatened the U.S. With war if they interfered with Japan's war after they defeated the soviets. America really didn't want to be involved in the war in the first place so that wouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>841895
By protection I mean After the war Germany could have put tons of war supplies and manpower into Japan Making the U.S. Who didn't want to be in the war in the first place even less likely to try and invade. The Japanese would take great comfort in this and would have loved the extra at the time top tier weapons to use on the Chinese.
>>
>>841898
So from the mid 30s? By the mid 30s the Nazis were actually considering admitting USSR into the Axis, they weren't really enemies yet.
>>
>>841910
The Japs had oil shortage, that's why they were focused on China and Indonesia. They wouldn't get bogged down in a war for years if they didn't even have fuel for their airplanes, ships and tanks.
>>
>>841868
>That would in turn leave Germany all of Eurupe.

You say that like it's a good thing
>>
>>841913
They could have gotten all the fuel they needed from Russia and Germany to fuel their war with China if they did it the way I mentioned.
>>
>>841915
Germany and its allies who without worrying about the Russians and Americans would take it like a piece of candy.
>>
>>841919
For the last time, they didn't know there was a shitload of oil in Siberia yet. The massive reserves got discovered in like the 60s.

Obviously if they knew, this could've been a game changer, but they did not.
>>
>>841922
What makes you think everybody would just sit and watch how Germany takes over Europe?
>>
People seem to be oblivious to the fact that Japan invading the USSR would be an equivalent of a mosquito bite. They were not "Germans of the East", they were fucking shit.
>>
>>841926
Unlikely and Germany could have offered them oil as well chick I'm sure they would have had they done it this way. The most important thing is this takes the Russians mostly out of the picture for Germany and the Americans completely out of the picture for the Japanese all the rest is just icing on the cake.
>>
>>841930
Exactly, Japan would've stalled very early
>>
>>841932
The Germans had no oil either, or at least certainly not enough to haul it to fuel a big foreign navy in some asshole of the world.
>>
>>841928
Because they basically did? Germany was pretty much able to take over each country individually for the lost part at the start. Literally nobody would give a flying fuck about the Russians if Germany and allies including a full power Japan were attacking it.
>>
>>841939
Germany then could use its full might in a war against Europe in a one front war with nobody to stop them and Japan would have free range on China. The Russian would be out of the picture and the Americans wouldn't get involved.
>>
>>841947
This
Germany had Eurupe on its last legs even while fighting the Russians. Without them there would be nobody to stop them.
>>
>>841939
>full power Japan

see >>841930

Japan was irrelevant.
>>
>>841963
You highly underestimate Japan's ability to wage war. They would have been a huge pain in the ass for the Russians especially their Air Force. I'll admit though the killing blow would be the Germans focusing on just them at the beginning of the war and most likely being supplied by the Americans to boot. The Americans HATED! The Russians. They would have seen it as a favor.
>>
>>841939
Germany had early successes thanks to the blitzkrieg strategy. It failed both against Russia and the Brits, and then it was only a matter of time, the loss was inevitable.
>>
>>841985
This of course would be America not knowing Germanys full intentions after they defeat the Russians.
>>
>>841985
Khalkin Gol m8. Russians would wipe their ass with Japan and barely even feel it.
>>
File: 1455322414645.jpg (31 KB, 519x700) Image search: [Google]
1455322414645.jpg
31 KB, 519x700
>>837214
More heavy bombing meaning more heavy bombers of British Industrial capacity and kriegsmarine supremacy in the North Atlantic.

Take Moscow with Typhoon and proceed to secure Russian northern seaports most notably Arkanghelsk which become the new base for the Kriegsmarine in the North Atlantic, secure Caucasian oil reserves with Army Group South. Overrun Stalingrad in April offensive, rush to secure Saratov, Kazan and Nizhny Nov gorod.

ME 262 in the sky and on assembly with secured logistics mass produced as fighters for elite Luftwaffers and better heavy bombers Aug 42 - June 43

Hitler not because of muh 6 million but for middling with the ultimate consensus of the General Staff.
>>
>>841990
No what hurt them is fighting the Russian and the Americans at the same time in a two front war. At one point in the war they could have defeated the British and finished it but they chose to focus on the Russians.
>>
>>841985
>especially their Air Force
Only their air force. The two situations in which the IJA and Red Army met (at Khalkhin Gol and in August 1945) suggests that the Japanese were hopelessly outmatched, both in numbers and equipment.

Keep in mind the Japanese had barely any heavy equipment (their tanks were garbage anyhow, the US had to stop using armor-piercing rounds and switch to high explosive because AP would literally go right through them, and they were never armed with any gun more powerful than 47mm) and had few squad light machine guns or submachine guns at a time when the Soviets were starting to issue SMGs to every squad.
>>
>>842005
The Russians were nearly equipt to deal with a half powered starved for equipment German army that was fighting a whole different war against all of Eurupe on the other side. If Germany focused on Russia at the start even without Japan they would have defeated them either way.
>>
>>842007
>At one point in the war they could have defeated the British
When? They were literally unable to do what you describe during the Battle of Britain. That meant they could noth ave defeated the British.
>>
>>842009
Remember that I said Germany would have had to plan this before the war. That would give them time to give weapons designs and oil to the Japanese and plan for this invasion of Russia. I'm sure the Germans would have no problem supplying the Japanese soldiers sent to help fight the Russians.
>>
>>842042
By then the Japanese could have have tons of Zero fighters in Germany to help with the war as well as trained pilots.
>>
>>842042
>That would give them time to give weapons designs
Japan didn't lack designs, they lacked steel which they were using to keep modernizing their navy
>Oil
I didn't know Germany was an OPEC state.
>I'm sure the Germans would have no problem supplying the Japanese soldiers sent to help fight the Russians.
No, it's a fucking huge problem. The IJA is in fucking Siberia and the Germans are in Western Russia, it's going to be absolutely hell for anybody who has to move their supplies from Germany around Spain around the horn of Africa (Because the French and Brits sure aren't going to be letting you use the Suez), through the indian ocean and around the Chinese coast to Japan, Taiwan or Tsingtao, and absolutely uneconomical.
>>
>>842042
So what you are saying is if the side that lost had done things completely differently and advantageously for them and the side that won had done things completely differently in a way that was disadvantageous, the winners and losers might have been switched.
>>
>>837214
I'm currently planning a super autistic alt fiction story about the Chinese civil war with mecha.
>>
>>837214
1: never pick a fight with Russia With operation Barbarosa punched deep into Russian turf lead to the spread of the German lines too thin.

Proper allocation of defeating and pacifying France and England would have been fine. Russia can wait. The Landlease program really saved Russia's ass.

2: Japan you fucking idiot.

GermanJapanese Alliance is probably the weirdest one to make with no hard way to connect with one another. Furthermore their SinoJapanese War was costing major resources. This lead them to take drastic measures and take on UK and America in Burma and the Philipines. No Japan alliance, no Landlease program for Allies, no huge influx for supplies towards enemies. America would only have reason to attack Japan and Japan only

3:Italian Military

I'm fully convinced that the Italian military has 2 issues that would solve their problems. Logistics and funding. If Germany would help reform the Italian military logistically they would have been less of a shit. More over Italy has a lack of military funding problem. My time as a welfare queen in 173rd Airborne, easily gave me first hand look at how their logistics and funding is shit. This has always been a trend in the Italian Military since the 1890's. This is how a bunch of uga boos in Ethiopia can wreck a modern military, their logistics and funding are a shit. 85% of a military is made up of support roles, you fuck that up and it does not matter how well your 15% perform in combat. You cannot supply bullets, guns, medical supplies, clothing, and rations to the front your troops are fucked.

4: Kraut Magic

Germans have a habbit of over engineering the shit out of their tanks. They've probably wasted large amounts of resources trying to support such things like the Tiger and Royal Tiger They have too many different types of tanks on the field from Stug Life to 6 Panzer styles and some even fetish tanks Simplify that shit you're wasting materials and money

2 light tank
2 medium tank
1 heavy tank
>>
>>842042
>I'm sure the Germans would have no problem supplying the Japanese soldiers sent to help fight the Russians.
>I'm sure the naval superpower of Germany would have no problems supplying Japanese soldiers literally halfway around the world probably through the magic of portals or possibly shipping for thousands of kilometers around Africa and Asia
>>
>>842075
You forget the Americans would be supplying Germany if they faught Russia and Russia alone they would get literally all the supplies they asked for. With all the supplies Germany had at the start of the altar on top of the nearly unlimited supplies from the industrial juggernaut that is America the Germans could throw more supplies and weapons at the Japanese and its other allies than they could handle. Once again they fucking hated the Russians.
>>
>>842085
The thing about "no attacking Russia" is that that was pretty much their ultimate goal. Ideologically and economically (also maybe militarily though I am not sure how much they subscribed to the Icebreaker-tier theories).

So once you remove that you have basically removed a substantial factor in the whole Hitler & Co. shenanigans happening and existing in the first place.

I mean you are probably right, invading the Soviet Union was perhaps the definite game over, I'm just saying that by doing that, you change things so substantially that I wonder whether it's any use talking about Germany winning WW2, since that would mean a radically different Germany and a radically different WW2, possibly not a WW2 at all.

Also they tried knocking out England - they failed.
>>
>>842099
They failed because they are fighting all of Eurupe at the same time thats when it became hopeless. As soon as America joined as well is when Hitler should have just shot himself.
>>
>>842110
Also the crazy amount of supplies America was sending the British helped massively.
>>
>>841817
Should have worked. The USSR almost collapse under Germany, if you got japan opening the front Manchuria Russia would have been fucked.
>>
>>842085
5: Spain?

IIRC The Fascist style government won the Spanish Civil War, why was there no bromance? If Germany gave them money and supplies could there been bromancing?

6: Paratroopers

After Crete Germany never used this advantage again and used them as a light infantry force. If they adjusted their load out from instead of dropping their gear separate from their troops and did it the same way both the UK and Americans did they probably would have had better results

7: K98

This is me being a tiny bit nit picky but the BAR was made in 1919. Germany could have easily space magicked a new Standard Infantryman Rifle to replace the K98 in time. Shit if they cranked the STG-44 out in 1939 or the FG42 in 1939 and made them the standard if could have made a world of difference.

This concludes my autist moment.
>>
>>842099
Like I said, without Russia in the picture England and France would have been much easier targets with Operation Sea Lion as a go instead of withdrawing it.
>>
>>842126
>The USSR almost collapse under Germany,

Lol what

It was Germany who collapsed from invading Russia. It was one of the biggest military disasters of all time.
>>
Basically in a nutshell this Germany want Eurupe step one
build up war machine and supplies.
Ask for Japanese help (offer tons of supplies and protection from America after war) this leaves Japan with supplies and free range on China without worrying about America.
Invade Russia with axis allies and receive massave amounts of supplies from America. Hint (nobody is going to try and defend Russia's honor) Russian winter not a problem seeing as they have the supplies to withstand it. War is over in two years tops. Station 2-3k troops in Japan as well as supplies to fulfill promise. Hint (America will 100% not interfere with Japan's war on China anyways.) now Japan can wage it's war. Now Germany and axis can wage it's one front war on Europe with America out of the picture and nobody to stop them.
>>
>>842159
Basically attack Russia first at full power.
>>
>>842159
you clearly don't know how war and industry work

just stop
>>
>>842159
Hell the British and other country's would probably pitch in the supply chain as well.
>>
>>842180
Umm.. sir pls calm down. This is called strategy and it would have worked. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>842110
>>842123
I hope you are not responding to the last sentence,of >>842099 because Germany certainly was not "fighting all of Eurupe at the same time" when they tried to launch Sealion by initiating the Battle of Britain, nor were the British receiving crazy amounts of supplies.
>>
>>842127
>7: K98
>This is me being a tiny bit nit picky but the BAR was made in 1919. Germany could have easily space magicked a new Standard Infantryman Rifle to replace the K98 in time. Shit if they cranked the STG-44 out in 1939 or the FG42 in 1939 and made them the standard if could have made a world of difference.
Small arms don't win wars. The Soviets were switching to semiautomatic rifles on a potentially very large scale when Germany attacked, but they went back to bolt actions. Easier to manufacture, to supply, etc.
>>
>>842159
Remember America didn't step in the war to help the British or France or anyone else. They stepped in because they got attacked and otherwise would have sat the war out.
>>
>>842190
The British were receiving supplies from America.
>>
>>842195
America was already dedicated to supporting the Allies with vast amounts of supplies and was largely anti-German before they were attacked. Who knows if they would have intervened militarily but they were firmly supporting - if not outright being in it - the Allied camp.
>>
The British will never be great again. They should have focused on the war to keep America instead of fighting other petty wars. Imagine how different the war would have been if the British won that war and had maintained full control of America. All the British are good for is loosing.
>>
>>842204
The Lend & Lease bill would not see the light of day until half a year after the Battle of Britain had ended. The "Arsenal of Democracy" ideal of Roosevelt would not be aired until two months after the BoB had ended.
>>
>>842210
You clearly didn't understand the strategy I presented. Take a closer look.
>>842159
>>
>>842194
they are force multipliers. It can curb a few battles to change the favor, this is why i said "nit picking".

You can fling out more led with an SVT-40 than a Mosin. You are more of a threat with an SVT-40 on the front lines as an average scrub than a Bolt Action Mosin is.

Russia had many reasons to pump out the mosin compared to the SVT-40. Most of the reasons were the fact that their factories were not outfitted to make the weapon and need demanded weapons on the front. The Mosin is simpler and easier to make which saved them supplies to make ammo and armor for their tanks and artillery pieces.
>>
>>842227
The Americans were sending supplies wayyyyyy before that. A German sub shot a supposed "trade" ship from America to Britian it exploded like a fucking nuke. The Germans were surprised to say the least as the sub shouldn't have caused that much destruction (turns out it was filled with supplies the Americans were sending the British secretly)
>>
>>842242
Why would the Americans be "secretly sending" anything when there is such a thing as "international trade".
>>
>>842231
the supply logistics of shipping to japan would be a nighmare
>>
>>842246
Because the Americans weren't at war with the Hermans in the point in the war and they didn't want to start by by letting the Germans know they were sending war supplies to the British.
>>
>>842257
Wow sry for that grammar but you get the points.
>>
>>842257
Please do entertain us with more stories of the "crazy amounts of supplies from America" (your own words) which were "secretly sent" by the United States to Britain in 1940, preferably with a book on the subject.
>>
>>842267
I learned about it in school where I'd like to believe they don't make up stories l. And this is in an American school so if they aren't filtering that part of history out for us id like to believe the whole world knows about this as well.
>>
>>842272
Have you perhaps learned about the "cash and carry" programme, which was not secret at all, but basically an expansion of international trade? Incidentally trade which still existed even between Germany and the US even in 1940.
>>
>>842267
And yes it was literally in a textbook about the history of the U.S.
>>
>>842277
No I'm sure it was about what I say it was about. Our teacher made a clear point they the U.S. Was secretly shipping weapons to the British because they didn't want to be sucked into the war.
>>
>>842257
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Lease

anon....
>>
>>842288
You think Germany knew about this and it wasn't kept secret?
>>
>>842288
Do more reasearch. It was kept secret.
>>
>>842302
Are you fucking retarded? Lend & lease was law. It was public. It made the front pages of newspapers.
>>
>>842305
Your kidding right? Prove it?
>>
>>842303
Please refer to this post >>842305 for an appropriate reply to your statement.
>>
>>842307
LITERALLY the first result on google.

http://www.nytimes.com/learning/general/onthisday/big/0311.html
>>
>>842305
That incident with the German sub was the the first Germany ever knew about the Americans ever sending supplies to the British.
>>
>>842314
You've got to be joking right?
>New York times
>>
>>842219
>>842159
(This)
>>
>>842302
>>842303

>there are American's this retarted

And you wonder why Europeans go

>American Education everyone

Seriously..... stop being a shit.
>>
>>842423
*Americans*

well fuck me I am not helping the cause either.
>>
>>842426
Typical French scum. This is why America hates you.
>>
File: 1447181966273.jpg (189 KB, 606x810) Image search: [Google]
1447181966273.jpg
189 KB, 606x810
>>842488
I hate the west coast
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 480x360
>>842511
No annon, you hate freedom.
>>
>>842517
>California, New York, Vermont, Maryland, New Jersey, Washington, Oregon
>Free

OK
>>
>>842523
America really should force other country's to pay a tax to use the Internet.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 259x194
>>842523
It's okay annon future president Trump will will the election and fix this for us.
>>
>>842006
None of you shitposters acknowledged my plan which is total perfection.
>>
>>842552
more like implausible space bat magic
>>
>>842552
You stupid bitch face what the hell are
You planning to do about the imperial federation? You think they'd stand idle and watch this!
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>842571
>you stupid bitch face
>>842552 GOT EMMM!!!
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 1180x842) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 1180x842
Some won't admit this but if Doneld Trump was in Hitlers place he could have won the war using a actually decent strategy like the one posted about Japan.
>>
File: image.jpg (323 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
323 KB, 2000x1000
>>842219
Despite what some may think Donald Trump is actually a smart guy. If he was in charge of Britain during the American Revolution he would have seen the future value in America and gave up on those other wars and focused strictly on America. The world would be differant today.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (59 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
59 KB, 300x300
>>840130
>>
>>842608
>Despite what some may think Donald Trump is actually a smart guy

Of course he's smart, that doesn't imply intelligence.
>>
>>842595
Trumps for president
>>
>>837214
>this entire thread
Holy cancer
>>
>>842914
Typical Canadian (scared of conflict) and you wonder why your country is a joke to the rest of the world.
Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.