[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people on /his/ hate him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9
File: slavoj-zizek1.jpg (22 KB, 255x364) Image search: [Google]
slavoj-zizek1.jpg
22 KB, 255x364
Why do people on /his/ hate him?
>>
>>835279
He doesn't update his routines often enough, and his rape jokes aren't funny enough.
>>
>>835279
Man, I feel uncomfortable looking at old Luke. New Star Wars is gonna be weird.
>>
>>835425
kek
>>
>>836130
why
>>
Because the meme didn't translate properly from /lit/
>>
Zizek smells like butter
>>
because he's a communist.
>>
>>835279
Because he's a Lacanian and a Hegelian.
>>
>>835279
*sniff*
>>
>>836621
I know nothing about Hegel or German philosophy in general, could you sum up what's wrong with Hegel's ideas?
>>
/his/ runs less on memes than /lit/
>>
>>836755
Idealism, Prussophilia, justification of the existing as the absolute ideal.
>>
>>836771
>Idealism
Oh shit, no wonder he's listed as Karl Marx's biggest influence
>>
>>836737
*schniffs*
>>
File: 1447692199163.png (110 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1447692199163.png
110 KB, 256x256
He's a literal god
>>
>>836755
His Hegelianism doesn't bother me so much as his slavish use of Lacanian psychoanalysis. Lacan was the worst kind of hack.
>>
>>836791
You've heard of turning Hegel on his head right?
>>
>>836858
No, what's that?
>>
>>835425
You schee, *sniff* the force is a kind ouf ideology *sniff*. PURE IDEOLOGY
>>
Why the fuck is he so slobbery? Is that how all Slovenians talk?
>>
>>836860

>>https://faculty.washington.edu/wtalbott/phil332/trmarx.htm
Marx claims to have turned Hegel on his head, in the following way:

1. The Individual and Particular Have Priority Over the Universal (Materialism replaces Idealism). Start from the individual and particular. Basic Empirical Facts: modes of production and relations of production and exchange. History is the history of the development of the division of labor. Forms of property are a symptom of the underlying facts.

2. Basic empirical facts have priority over ideas (e.g., laws and philosophical theories. Laws and all religious, moral, and philosophical speculation is part of a superstructure that is determined by the sub-structure of basic empirical facts.

3. Purely descriptive has priority over the Ethical (Normative). There are no ethical relations independent of the basic relations of production and exchange.

4. Invisible Hand Explanation of History. History is the product of causal relations and class conflict, not dialectical conflict between ideas.
>>
>>836874
kekity kekity
>>
/his/torians are too obsessed with ideology. PURE IDEOLOGY.
>>
>>836927
well if that's indicative of the Slovene language it's pretty clear that he's an untermensch.
>>
>>836761
Tfw you remember when /lit/ had no memes (except like, Brownbear) and people were complaining that it was boring therefore we made up some
If I had a time machine id go back and stop us
>>
>>836855
But Zizek takes Lacan and makes it more sensible
>>
>>836855
>slavish use
I bet this wasn't even a pun.
>>
>>836771
Most modern thought still contains absolute idealism. It's most prolific in science to this day.
>>
>>837010
It's an unconscious instance of race prejudice *sniff*
>>
>>837367
Thankfully we invented critique and Marxism.
>>
>>836874
He's obviously intelligent enough to improve. Probably just doesn't give a shit, maybe thinking it adds to the persona.
>>
>>837422
Filthy materialist, the only thing you add to the realization of the absolute is what is not.
Get sublated faggot
>>
>>835279
Tell me about Zizek. Why does he sniff his nose?
>>
>>836899

>laws are superstructure and not infastructure

Never let anybody tell you Marx wasn't a complete fuckwit.
>>
File: 1456734055439.png (90 KB, 1395x730) Image search: [Google]
1456734055439.png
90 KB, 1395x730
* S N I F F *
S
N
I
F
F
>>
File: zizek.jpg (433 KB, 1928x2832) Image search: [Google]
zizek.jpg
433 KB, 1928x2832
>>837694
*For every sniff posted a dollar goes to poor Guatemalan children*
>>
>>836874
Zizek has obsessive-compulsive disorder, and those are his ticks.
>>
>>837646
He has OCD. That's a tick of his m8.
>>
>>837774
>>837775
What about the cocaine, is it just some meme?
>>
>>835279

Because he's the equivalent of a 4chan shit poster IRL.

Read/Listen to some of the things that he says... His analogies/comparisons are complete dog shit. His historical/philosophical interpretations are simply incorrect. He uses those incorrect interpretations to strengthen his position, making his arguments incorrect. It's just a massive ball of fuck-up.

>Quantity does not necessarily mean quality.

Anyone with an even remote knowledge of philosophy/history, will realize how full of shit he actually is.
>>
I'll try to write a short summary of his works, but bare with me, I have only read him shortly.
Marx used Hegel to make a theory of commodities, which would somehow propel society into the End of History. This materialism didn't really do a too advanced investigation of ideas and ideology (remember this).
The common Marxist idea of ideology is that ideology is false consciousness. Basically something making us not able to see the truth.
If we use this interpretation of ideology then we live in a post-ideological era. since we all are aware that we are being fooled.
Zizek is trying to explain how ideology is not false consciousness but rather make it work together with the idea that we are constantly aware of the lies politicians tell us.
So Zizek uses the formula "We know it but yet we are doing it".
Zizek also draws a lot on social constructivism/idealism in his critique of false consciousness since metaphysical realism is hard to justify.
Therefore he has to unite the ideas of:
A non-materialistic idea of commodity.
A cynical idea of ideology.
Combined with social constructivism.

A side note. When reading a lot of old theories about society you'll see them drawing on psychological ideas. The general theme goes: conservatives thinks humanity is born with sin/naturally evil, anarchists believe humanity is naturally good, fascists believe humanity is stupid and gullible, communists believe humanity is formidable.
When arguing for these standpoints people drew from Freud etc. and this tradition goes way back to The Republic.

So Zizek uses Lacan's ideas to make his theory of ideology come together.
He introduces a Kantian concept of the Sublime as ideology which transcends our understanding, and then uses Lacan's idea of a signifier without a signified to explain it.
God is sublime and transcendent beyond us and we cannot seem to signify it properly. There seems only to be an ambiguous vague mess no one agrees on. Thus "What we don't know that we know."
>>
File: 1931.jpg (51 KB, 452x589) Image search: [Google]
1931.jpg
51 KB, 452x589
Why do people on /his/ like him?
>>
>>837824
Shit I didn't mean formidable, I meant changeable.
And I cannot be bothered writing any longer since it will just turn into a lengthy pretentious essay I am not interesting in writing.
>>
>>836874
I'm pretty sure he has the speech impediment in Slovene too
>>
>>837825
They want to be edgy fascists, but they're smart enough not to side with ol' Land War With Russia
>>
>>836855
explain why 'Lacan is the worst kind of hack,' or else you're just an undergraduate wannabe
>>
>>837825
Because i've read his books and think we would be better off if he got elected.

>>837901
Mosley wasn't edgy
>>
>>837779
He probably used at some point, but I don't think he uses habitually or anything.
>>
>>836986
Help us avoid the mistakes of the past. I've seen people complaining that /his/ doesn't have any good mimis.
>>
>>839391
No I know, I was just talking about /his/, I like mosley
>>
File: 1450823650656.jpg (316 KB, 1584x1089) Image search: [Google]
1450823650656.jpg
316 KB, 1584x1089
>>837635
Upvote
>>
File: 1449851146975.jpg (83 KB, 1180x823) Image search: [Google]
1449851146975.jpg
83 KB, 1180x823
>>837745
>>
>>836862
kek
>>
how does this dude have such hot wives. Seriously look it up. His current and previous wives were fucking foxes who are/were younger than him and are still way better looking than him. Is his ideology just huge?
>>
>>840679
His *sniff* ideology makes bitches wet
>>
File: zizek.jpg (576 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
zizek.jpg
576 KB, 1024x682
>>840681
the deep vee *sniff* of ideologee
>>
>>840679
Seriously I thought pic related >>840670
was his daughter or something but no. She's a fucking argentine model and this slobbery goofball was hittin that.
>>
>>840697
Women aren't attracted to physique. They know that a real man is marked by his mind. Zizek served in the military, he doesn't have to prove he isn't a pussy.
>>
>>840697
>goofball was hittin that

I thought the man refuses to have sex
>>
File: ancient aliens.png (681 KB, 946x810) Image search: [Google]
ancient aliens.png
681 KB, 946x810
>>840701
>Women aren't attracted to physique
now thats a bit of a broad generalization there
>>
>>837825
He's Hitler without the bad qualities. What's not to like?
>>
>>840737
>broad
Isn't that sexist? ;)
>>
>>840735
Now where would you get an idea like that.

In some of his videos he rants against the modern justification for sex being sterile health benefits instead of for its own sake. That doesn't mean he's not gonna fuck.
>>
>>840745
oh no, miss, just a slip of the tongue ;)))
>>
>>840735
>I thought the man refuses to have sex
Given how poor your reading of his jokes about sex are, you should probably exit this thread.
>>
>>837825
No one likes him, just a couple of guys who keep forcing his meme.
>>
>>840774
I liked him before he was cool and communist.
>>
Marxist scum
>economic liberalism is bad because I don't understand economics
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.