[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the most villainous names in history? Names whose mere
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: Lord Kitchener.gif (236 KB, 522x778) Image search: [Google]
Lord Kitchener.gif
236 KB, 522x778
What are the most villainous names in history?

Names whose mere appearance alone conjures visions of treachery, and evil.
>>
Ivan the Terrible
>>
>treachery
Alcibiades
>>
>>833946
Muhammad.
>>
also

>Quisling, for obvious reasons
>>
i have to ask

what is your beef with Kitchener exactly?
>>
Vlad the Impaler
>>
>>833957
Ivan the Terrible increased state territory twice. Historians assert that without the calculation in the time of Ivan Vasilyevich's administration and on his order was executed less people then was killed huguenots in France only at one Bartholomean night.
>>
Why do communists change their stupid names to sound like comic book superheroes / supervillains?

Dzhugashvili changes his name to Stalin (man of steel)
Rozenfeld changes his name to Kamenev (man of stone)
>>
>>833970
He might have been gay.
>>
File: King_Philip.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
King_Philip.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>833946

The Iron King
>>
>>834033

oh yes, of course, he was likely a pedo
>>
>>834019
does Pol Pot mean something?
>>
File: just fuck my entire life up.png (31 KB, 212x194) Image search: [Google]
just fuck my entire life up.png
31 KB, 212x194
>>834047
>>
>>834461

is he REALLY the worst of britons?
>>
>>833946
Stalin or Hitler
>>
>>834019
Because Soviet Gommies rule over a Russified populace majority

Meanwhile, Mao, Ho, Castro pretty much walked around with their names.

Meaning some Georgian Bohick like a Dzhugasvili, or some guy with a German-Jewish name doesn't sound like inspiring people.
>>
>>834497
>Ho
Actually a title. Ho Chi Minh's real name was Nguyen Sinh Cung. Ho Chi Minh means "He who was enlightened" *tips peasant hat*
>>
>>834549
Actually Ho means a prostitute.
>>
>>833973
Vlad Dracul is pretty controversial honestly. Much more demonized in the West than the East of Europe.
>>
>>834492
>>834492
>>
>>833965
3edgy5me
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 1200x1200
Idi Amin, nice guy. dictator of Uganda. Loved killings & general mayhem. Cannibal,just loved that dark meat
>>
File: 51PlH9Ua1GL._SY445_.jpg (36 KB, 297x445) Image search: [Google]
51PlH9Ua1GL._SY445_.jpg
36 KB, 297x445
>>833973
>killed Turks
>defended Christianity
>killed the nobility
>pulled one of the best pranks ever by trapping poor people in a burning church
>impaled some peasants as a joke

What's not to love about the guy?
>>
>>833946
Poles and Pots
>>
If you see the name Cromwell in Ireland the sound of clattering knees is deafening
>>
Hitler, Goebbles, Himmler
no name can ever be as vilified as those
>>
>>839286
>>833946
All German-pronounced places/names

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgL0TUrDek8
>>
>>833965
Even though Muhammed/Muhammad does not sound evil, first European early spellings of the names such as Muhamat, Mahamut, Mahomet, Mahamuthi do sound cartoon-like villains or something out of Lovecraft novel
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.