[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Mussolini make his HQ look so fucking creepy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: 3990.jpg (165 KB, 550x378) Image search: [Google]
3990.jpg
165 KB, 550x378
Why did Mussolini make his HQ look so fucking creepy?
>>
>>833438
Dadaism is a hell of a drug
>>
>>833438

Cause he want it to be discussed in the decades to come.
>>
>>833438
Because to Italians back then used to corruption and inefficiency, a sight like that would be very welcome. Plus the fact that this was before this aesthetic was reappropriated for comic book and movie supervillains, so it wouldn't have carried such connotations.
>>
>>833438
Aesthetics
>>
>>833438
What's so great about silicon?
>>
>>833438
It's his evil lair. Yes, he was very self-aware about his role in history.
>>
>>833438
to distract spectators from the ice cream shop next to it. what would italians think if fascist officials were seen eating stracciatelli on their break? this goes against the masculine image projected by fascists
>>
>>833438
It's so good
>>
>>833465
good post
>>
>>833438
It looks awesome.

SI
>>
>>833438
That building is ripe for parody.
>>
From a distance all the little SIs looks like Communist hammer and sickle symbols.
>>
>>833465
>back then used to
>back then
hahahahaha
>>
>>833599

>That feel when I never got to experience european cafe culture

fuck
>>
>>834591
cafe culture is booming again, don't lose hope senpai
>>
>>833438
What, you dont have a giant relief of your own face hanging out of the front of your house, silently judging your neighbours?
I thought everyone did that.
>>
File: msh1066.jpg (2 MB, 803x1147) Image search: [Google]
msh1066.jpg
2 MB, 803x1147
Could it be said that from the Norman conquest of 1066 till the hundred years war that all the English military accomplishments was French? During this period the main language of the kings of England was French, not English or Saxon.
As an example, their own "Hero" king Richard the Lionheart didn't learn English and spent most of his life in France.
>>
>>834629
Ops, my mistake.
>>
>>834629

France as an entity was pretty complicated at that point anyway. The Normans, gascons, occitans etc all had their own identities and dialects as well. Richard the Lionheart included, I'm pretty sure he spoke an Occitan dialect that'd probably turn a few heads in other regions.

You could argue that the Normans were French because they spoke French but it's not really as easy as that unless you intentionally oversimplify. It's like saying the clergy were all Roman because they spoke Latin.
>>
>>834629
They were French up until the kings and nobility began speaking English as their first language. Which is also when they began tearing France's asshole in the HYW.
>>
>>834656
nah, Henry VIII was the first king to speak English if memory serves
>>
>>834648
Well, for Ricard Lionheart it was his mother tongue, which can't be said for the clergy for which Latin was just a "job" language.

>>834656
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't they speak French during the start of the war (Where they won) and start speaking English towards the end of it (Where they got rekt by a peasant girl)
>>
>>833438

he wanted you to si
>>
>>834629
>As an example, their own "Hero" king Richard the Lionheart didn't learn English and spent most of his life in France.

Literally no one except medieval-boos knows anything about Richard the Lionheart except he has a fucking cool epithet
>>
Fascism involves the aestheticization of force
>>
I was fully expecting to open this thread and find that this was a stupid joke. I'm still not convinced that this isn't a stupid joke. How is this not a stupid joke?
>>
>>834699
Il Fascismo di Pietra (The Marble Fascism), a beatiful book by italian historian Emilio Gentile, talks about the aesthetics of Fascism, especially his great architectures and mural art
>>
It's cute desu.
>>
File: 1456196174207.jpg (131 KB, 628x800) Image search: [Google]
1456196174207.jpg
131 KB, 628x800
>>834670
>>
File: 1452533919916.jpg (184 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1452533919916.jpg
184 KB, 1600x900
politics+aesthetics=fascism
>>
>>834664
Your memory is shit because it was Henry IV.
>>
File: Neuromancer AI Terrorist.png (11 KB, 768x586) Image search: [Google]
Neuromancer AI Terrorist.png
11 KB, 768x586
It is an inspiration to us all
>>
>>835086

DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT "POLITICS" MEANS? I DO NOT THINK SO, OTHERWISE YOU WOULD NOT ASSUME THAT ARCHITECTURE INFLUENCED BY POLITICS NECESSARILY RESOLVES IN FASCISM.

THIS ASSUMPTION MAKES ME DEDUCE THAT YOU ARE ALSO IGNORANT OF HOW ARCHITECTURE FUNCTIONS IN THE CONTEXT OF STATE POLITICS; THE KIND OF POLITICAL SYSTEM IS WHAT INFLUENCES THE ARCHITECTURE, NOT CONVERSELY, AS YOU BELIEVE, THAT THE POLITICAL SYSTEM ARISES FROM ARCHITECTURE INTERACTING WITH POLITICS.
>>
>>835409
:^(
>>
>>835541
lol.
.oMoMo.
>>
>>835541
:><:><>O<>O<>O<><:<>O<>O<>O<>><:><>O<>O<>O<><:><>O<>O<>O<><>O<>O<>O<><>O<>O<>O<><>O<>O<>O<><:><:><:><:>
>>
>>835541
Jesus Christ, Rey. You've been here too long. Go away! Get a fucking life, you weeb
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 1280x1240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 1280x1240
>>833438
Probably just for the intimidation factor. Then again, the Italians were all bark and no bite.
>Considered conquering Ethiopia an accomplishment
>The one African country not colonized because it was so useless and poor
>>
>>838054

Ethiopia wasn't conquered in the Scramble because the Italians lost and everyone else interested just sent diplomats, not because it was more useless and poor than literal jungle tribes.
>>
File: YHVH_SMTIV_Final.jpg (130 KB, 941x563) Image search: [Google]
YHVH_SMTIV_Final.jpg
130 KB, 941x563
>>833438
>>
That's metal as fuck.
>>
>>838054
>Ethiopia
>The one African state with a continues state since the Romans
>poor
Being Christians and allied to Russia probably helped a lot.
>>
>>838054
>nazi edit
>from the protagonist of a pretty damn obvious pro-tolerance film.
>>
>>840495
Not to disparage Zootopia though
>>
>yfw you realized SI SI is ISIS backwards

What else were they hiding??? Very troubling!
>>
>>840469
They also pulled a Thailand. The British were most interested in keeping it out of the hands of the French, and the French were most interested in keeping it out of the hands of the British.

Either one trying to go for it could have provoked a war neither wanted.
>>
>>833464
Well it failed
>>
>>841197
We're discussing it right now nigger
>>
>>833438
He was a fan of Alienware
>>
>>838054
I always thought no one went for Ethiopia because it was so hard to fight in the mountains, and its resources weren't worth it.
>>
>>833438
>Dat supervillain lair
Surely he was the inspiration for Lex Luthor.
>>
>>833464
I don't think it was meant in that modern art sense of "hurr people say it sucks, this means I did good"
If you saw that thing in real life I'm pretty sure it would stick just because of its weird big size
Also consider that things like giant adds were rare if not nonexistent at the time outside america or the UK
>>
>>833465
I wonder what the closest thing they had to associate it with then. Just portraits?
>>
>>833465
This, corruption has always been a proud italian export.
>>
>>838054
>The one African country not colonized because it was so useless

Basically the exact opposite. The Ethiopians had kicked considerable European ass up until then.
>>
>>835541
Being ignorant on Romanticisms influence on Fascism.
>>
>>842787
Reading Comprehesnion: 0%
Grammar: 0/10
Logical Sequence of Conversation: None

CONGRATULATIONS, YOU'RE RETARDED.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.