[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>believing in god or anything "spiritual" when it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
>believing in god or anything "spiritual" when it has been proven beyond a doubt that humans have evolved from more primitive life forms by chance, when technology is changing man into something else, and when AI is being improved exponentially

How can anybody justify any primitive religious thought? The only way to keep religion around logically is to alter major teachings; this in turn basically nullifies the religion since it then becomes something new. Explain yourselves, anti-science cucks.
>>
File: 1407462068698.jpg (33 KB, 330x330) Image search: [Google]
1407462068698.jpg
33 KB, 330x330
>AI improving exponentially meme
>People still haven't realized that Moore's Law has been dead for many years
>>
File: _boots.jpg (69 KB, 489x600) Image search: [Google]
_boots.jpg
69 KB, 489x600
>>831674
>le evolution booty bothers you maymay
>le primitive thought maymay
Nope
>>
>>831678
Not that guy, but that's an interesting claim and I'd like to see some validation for it.
>>
>>831682

Silicon transistors are rapidly approaching the point where it is literally physically impossible to make them any smaller without suffering electron leakage
>>
why not. What about deism?
>>
>>831688
That's not the same as it being dead. Moore himself said there'd be a limit to it, and the speculation on its eventual end ranges from 250 years to the next couple decades.
>>
>>831707

Moore's law dead by 2020 is pretty much absolute fact by now senpai
>>
>>831710
Says who? You still haven't validated this.
>>
>>831715

Just fucking google it mang
>>
>>831722
Or you can validate it, you know, like someone who comes to a discussion board fucking should, either that or admit you're pulling shit out of your ass. Moore's law has hit several "insurmountable" limitations in the past and wound up continuing on.
>>
>>831728

>expecting scholarly citations from a Mongolian children's cartoon imageboard

For gods sakes man even Moore himself said his law was dead by 2015
>>
>>831680

Evolution and man being created by something divine are mutually exclusive

>>831695

Deism is theism when the person accepts scientific fact and backs himself into a corner. Why even claim there is a deistic god? A blind universe rests on the same foundation.
>>
>>831744
>Evolution and man being created by something divine are mutually exclusive
That's a hefty claim
Care to prove it
>>
>>831748

Unless you believe g*d creates man through evolution (which brings up a whole new set of problems), it's exclusive.
>>
Personal experience with the divine. Faith, knowing beyond knowing.

Maybe you should get out of your room and away from your computer every now and then, desu.
>>
>>831756
Oh so it's not exclusive
Okay
>>
>>831758

Personal experience proves very little senpai

t. actual schizophrenic
>>
>>831758
This
>>
>>831758

>anecdotal evidence

>>831762

It pretty much is, senpai. Unless you defend the ludicrous notion that le god works in mysterious ways by needing a process to create man.
>>
>>831782
So you're only rebuttal is an appeal to the stone fallacy?
Or that saying God creates life through evolution means you think he needs to do it that way?
>>
>>831790

How else could he do it? You're going back to the mysterious ways jargon. We are the only intelligent beings we know of in the universe. Evolution by random mutations is a known fact. If an omniscient god's course of action for creating man is evolution, that's a pretty wild claim for you to make.
>>
>>831816
>How else could he do it?
However he wanted
>>
>>831829

We only know of one way life comes about, so why do you make a claim like that?
>>
>>831846
And? Evolution is entirely separate from the debate about God's existence. Trying to constrain God to the way you want him to act (if god reals then evolution wouldn't be how he'd do things) is incredibly stupid. It's only an issue from a theistic personalist's worldview
>>
Because they don't want to accept death.
>>
>>831674

I'd like to think there's a god, and a grand purpose for everyone and everything, but I still believe in evolution and scientific fact.

t. agnostic
>>
File: 1457545222347.gif (3 MB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
1457545222347.gif
3 MB, 300x360
>>831674
>>831744
>>831765
>>831856
>>
>>831674
God is only testing our faith. He put them dinosaur fossils in the earth to test our faith, just like everything else that disproves his existence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omphalos_hypothesis
>>
>>831731
>don't know what to say
>I KNOW! I'LL JUST MEME MY WAY OUT OF THE ARGUMENT

WE WAZ KANGZ AND SHEEEEIT XDDDD
>>
>>831674
Religion is a social function. It exists for many reasons, but not necessarily because the tenets are true.
>>
>>831816

>Evolution by random mutations is a known fact.
>he thinks evolution is random
>>
File: 700451-kenshiro...jpg (349 KB, 1603x1202) Image search: [Google]
700451-kenshiro...jpg
349 KB, 1603x1202
Meanwhile at physics god goes around normalizing wave functions

Your argument is invalid
>>
>>832200
He said the mutations are random, which they sure are
>>
>>832212
Not that anon, but evolution 'by' natural selection predominantly and other processes. effecting the frequency of genes within a population which arise due to random mutations.
>>
>How can anybody justify any primitive religious thought?

Pre-Abrahamic religions weren't occupied with true or false, this is a purely Abrahamic phenomenon. When you read from Homer, it's pretty clear that this is not supposed to be a literal report, but a story with a specific message to tell about the human condition.

On other words, what you're describing is most the fault of the jews, christians and muslims
>>
>>831728
We don't spoonfeed here, go back to r*ddit
>>
File: Religion threads.png (137 KB, 1010x274) Image search: [Google]
Religion threads.png
137 KB, 1010x274
>>831674
>>
>>833230
>see, if we just compare christianity and buddhism using really broad language they're like exactly the same maaan
>>
>>831758
>"I had a schizophrenic/drug-induced episode where I thought I had a divine experience: this must mean God exists"

Go to /r9k/, this is /his/
>>
>>831744
>Evolution and man being created by something divine are mutually exclusive
Lol
>>
>>833255
>not being able to understand simple abstract language
Your autism is showing.
>>
>>831674
>I have Siri on my iPhone
>that means there is no god
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.