[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGZ SkLq3Eng /his/, what�
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (123 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
123 KB, 1280x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGZSkLq3Eng

/his/, what's your opinion on the "Extra Credits" YouTube channel? I just watched his video on Suleiman the Magnificent, but I'm unsure of how accurate his stuff is.
>>
Also, feel free to recommend history YouTube channels.
>>
>>826695
Wow, he sounds like a pretentious faggot. And he should burn in hell for that squeaky voice. Jesus Christ
>>
>>826742
his voice is actually super deep in real life, it's sped up to not be disconcerting when paired with the animation
>>
>>826747
It sounds like that retarded chipmunk movie. He should speak normal people voice
>>
>>826755
people prefer this voice. he tried switching and people were like "nah, other one's better" i personally agree but hey, thats me.
>>
>>826695
>Extra Credits
WE WUZ AYYLMAOS AND SHIT
>>
>>826695
He's a gigantic Byzaboo I think.
>>
>>826695
They craft fictional retellings of history through a biased perspective but then correct themselves after the video series is done. They should just decide on becoming History Channel 2 or keep using historical facts instead of taking liberties.
>>
>>826695
He just tells the story and doesnt explain a lot of facts that are just taken for granted.
The video starts with the new Sultan running towards Constantinople to inherit the Empire. The Ottoman succession was a very interesting process where in order to become Sultan you had to reach Constantinople first and then kill your brothers which leaves you the only son left. As old Sultans were approaching their deaths you could observe a sort of dance that the sons made, moving closer and closer to the capital so as to be the closest ones to the dying father, but not actually being in the city.
The Syrian revolt, the Bey of Egypt, establishing himself as a strong ruler, reasons why Hungarians killed the envoy, all just barely touched on.
All in all a decent channel for basic knowledge history.
>>
>>826990
>the ottoman succession

it is normally like you have explained it but suleiman is different. he had 2 brothers, first one died when it was 10 years old from sickness and the second one he appointed as beylerbeyi of yemen.

his father (selim) was a man like charlemagne, robespierre and etc. the kind of person that does what is necessary. he even fought his own father (suleiman's grandfather) bayezid. without him empire would no longer be what it is. also he killed his brothers after they plotted against him and felt so sorry that he killed his own brothers he wrote poems about this.

suleiman's many features contrast to his father. suleiman loved women, parades, fancy dresses and etc. also he is very romantic in nature like his father but he kind of lacks the necessary cruelty that a ruler should have.

gotta add that animation is shit tier and they dont really give any decent info.
>>
>>826922
It never get's old.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw
>>
is this a channel where I learn that it's possible to be more wrong than John Greene?
>>
>>826695
Is this the Spirit Science guy?
>>
>>826922
>>830136
>>830199
do people actually think this is the spirit science guy? Play op's vid and the ayylmao vid and you can clearly hear it's not the same voice
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.