[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my grandfather left me a very valuable inheritance of around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: hitler inflation.jpg (329 KB, 968x1296) Image search: [Google]
hitler inflation.jpg
329 KB, 968x1296
So my grandfather left me a very valuable inheritance of around 50 albums of stamps from around 1850 to 1980 that he and his father collected throughout the years.
I need your help /his/ to help me recognize some of those stamps, their source and maybe their value.

I will go pic from pages of interest as long as there is an interest for it.

First page(many hitlers in different colors):
This particular album was looted from the house of a nazi officer who collected stamps.

My question about this page is
> Do you think the number next to hitler's profile is the price of the stamp? If so, do you think that this page is a demonstration of the inflation in prices that occurred during the reign of the nazi's? Because that'd be interesting.
>>
tell me if you want to see more pages from the album aswell
>>
also, sorry for my english :c
>>
>>826681
>Deliberately non-white, gay-ass rainbow Hitlers
>Visual record of gradual hyperinflation from jewsury
>Some boring-ass Nazi actually took up stamp collecting

what the fuck am I reading
>>
>>826716
this is /his/ yo
>>
>>826722
Yes, but while I've seen ridiculous shit on /his/ through the years, this one has to be the most startling mix of WTF and subtlety.
>>
>>826763
> I've seen ridiculous shit on /his/ through the years
>tfw /his/ exists half a year
Ash go awayyyyy
>>
>>826774
/lit/ was the original humanities board. 'Scuse me for mixing them, poophead senpai.
>>
>>826799
you... you bullying my thread :c
>>
>>826804
sowwy senpai
>>
>>826681
That page alone is worth a few hundred American shekels.
>>
>>826681
I want to see more.
>>
File: the bag.jpg (467 KB, 1296x968) Image search: [Google]
the bag.jpg
467 KB, 1296x968
this is 1 of 2 cases I now own, both are stocked with stamps to the max.
>>
Yes, it is the price in zloty, since those are General Government - occupied Poland - stamps.

I am fairly sure they are a from a single "set", and not a progression or an indication of rising inflation.

They are not very valuable.
>>
File: 1938.jpg (562 KB, 1296x968) Image search: [Google]
1938.jpg
562 KB, 1296x968
>>827114
frankly id show more but you guys are not much of a help atm so my motivation is gone.
Anyhow, just for you.

So here is another page with stamps dedicated to 1938, the start of the WWII.
I like the fact that each page has a theme, that nazi did a fine job.
This one also seem to be dedicated to the glory of germany, young boys, shiny planes, all proud and glorious.

>>827139
the indication of the inflation is the difference in prices between each stamp.
I don't know about how valuable this stamps are but it is quite cool.
anyhow here is a new set tell me what yuo think of it.
>>
>>827156
It depends. Where do you live?
>>
>>826681
Not worth that much m8 my father also has an collection like that with these specific ones, although if they have a certain colour they would be worth alot.
You could go to an professional and get them checked(costs several hundred €) or try to find out with an annual book you can buy online or at a stamp store.
>>
>>826681
reddit.com/r/askhistorians.
>>
>>827369
that helps thanks
>>
>>826716
kek
>>
>>826681
these are reichspfennig not marks

the 1.00 one would be 1 mark
>>
>>830450
nice collection tho
>>
>>826681
I doubt it has anything to do with inflation, because the same stamp would have to be issued over a long period of time.
It's likely different values, you know, like stamps today
>>
I have a complete postage stamp block from the 1943 Generalgovernment, including its plain bordering, swastika print and everything. Any idea what it might be worth?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.