[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
An anthropology question.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: transhuman.png (2 MB, 2472x1600) Image search: [Google]
transhuman.png
2 MB, 2472x1600
Let's image a human's brain was hooked up into a robot and it was behaving like a normal human.
Is this a machine with a fleshy hard-drive or a person with an exoskeleton?
>>
The latter, I suppose. The "exoskeleton" is a machine, though.
>>
>behaving like a normal

Let's imagine OP making non-retarded threads.
>>
>>826170
Well, I needed to dumb it down, so you can understand the thread.
>>
By your dichotomy I side with it (still?) being a person, but I object to the diminution of the brain and mind to merely a hard drive. It at least deserves to be considered as a whole computer with an APU, Ram and HDD.
>>
File: Derrida[1].jpg (84 KB, 1200x1448) Image search: [Google]
Derrida[1].jpg
84 KB, 1200x1448
>>826130
You have been visited by the "words don't have meaning" Frenchman. The realization that your attempt to make meaning of semantics breaks down under spooky deconstruction will come to you but only if you reply "..."
>>
>>826182
Our body and neural network is a big part of our human identity and behavior. It isn't just brain alone you dumbass.
>>
>>826211

>>
>>826130
machine with fleshy harddrive. a human is human when fully human
>>
The brain is the person so it's just a human in a different shell.
What a stupid thread.
>>
>>826251
>you're not a human if you have a Jarvik heart
>you're not a human if you have false teeth
>>
>>826263
See >>826231

moron
>>
>>826288
Yeah, nah, you're a cunt. A paraplegic barely has anything going on below the neck. They're pretty much cut off from the rest of their neural network.
Besides, it's all electrical impulses anyway, It makes no difference if they're from man made parts or biological ones.
>>
>>826304
A paraplegic has eyes, ears, nose, tongue and a throat at least you fucking moron.

>brain = whole head
>>
this is a semantic question, not really an anthropology question

the real distinction between this is what should we, as the ones that give meaningful meaning to this being, consider it as

they created new terms in the language fitting for this criteria, so are cyborgs human
>>
>>826341
So what? That's a tiny fraction of human's full neural network, and it's totally possible for a paraplegic to be deaf and blind.
The brain is the person. Sensory input does not make them any more or less human.
>>
>>826428
This is what transhumacucks actually believe
>>
>>826428
The human experience involves the ability to walk, see and hear. Removing any aspects of human existence renders someone less human.
>>
File: Cyberman.jpg (12 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Cyberman.jpg
12 KB, 300x300
>>826130
>>
Brotherhood, institute or railroad?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.