[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the most death metal thing to ever happen, /his/? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: munster14-1024x826.jpg (351 KB, 1024x826) Image search: [Google]
munster14-1024x826.jpg
351 KB, 1024x826
What was the most death metal thing to ever happen, /his/?

I think it was the Münster Rebellion.
>>
File: de-bry-1c-conquistadors_screen.jpg (71 KB, 582x483) Image search: [Google]
de-bry-1c-conquistadors_screen.jpg
71 KB, 582x483
Spain went full grindcore
>>
The Infernal Columns in the Véndee were some horror tier shit.
>>
Khmer Rouge
>>
The Second Congo War or the Holocaust
>>
File: Passchendale Germans.jpg (104 KB, 468x361) Image search: [Google]
Passchendale Germans.jpg
104 KB, 468x361
>>825605
Passchendaele, maybe:
>Worst battlefield conditions ever (except maybe Iran-Iraq war)
>Surreal, otherworldly landscape
>Basically, everything is steampunk (tanks, gas masks, artillery, supply trains)
>Actual metal song written about it
>>
>>825693
god dethroned made some serious wwi jams
>>
>>825693
You mean dieselpunk.
>>
>>826468
I think I prefer Iron Maiden's tbqh.
>>
>>825605
Not quite Death Metal, but pretty metal happenings.

Song related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgASEyey_KQ
>>
I can't remember the exact name of the event or anything, but a Japanese castle was under siege and ran out of water, so they set the castle on fire, some disembowled themselves and others lit themselves on fire.
>>
Vlad the Impaler?
>>
>>825605
If we are to talk History and DEATH METAL in a same sentence, this thread needs BOLT THROWER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IWuoMU7Hzo
>>
File: Bolt-Thrower-The-IVth-Crusade.jpg (262 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Bolt-Thrower-The-IVth-Crusade.jpg
262 KB, 1000x1000
Bolt Thrower made an album full of Death Metal about the IVth Crusade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1SY18BJ3J8
>>
>>825605

Mongols destroying Baghdad.
>>
File: nightattack.jpg (170 KB, 1740x945) Image search: [Google]
nightattack.jpg
170 KB, 1740x945
>>825605
Night Attack was pretty fucking metal.
>>
File: Assurbanipal_op_jacht.jpg (401 KB, 1270x895) Image search: [Google]
Assurbanipal_op_jacht.jpg
401 KB, 1270x895
The ancient Assyrian Empire.

>I have made a pillar facing the city gate, and have flayed all the rebel leaders; I have clad the pillar in the flayed skins. I let the leaders of the conquered cities be flayed, and clad the city walls with their skins. The captives I have killed by the sword and flung on the dung heap, the little boys and girls were burnt.

Ashurnasirpal II
>>
The DARK AGES!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e9HTfRUIC4
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.