[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
R8 em 1. Gilgamesh 2. Jesus 3. Abraham 4. Martin Luther 5. Issac
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: CDHC1.jpg (109 KB, 837x581) Image search: [Google]
CDHC1.jpg
109 KB, 837x581
R8 em

1. Gilgamesh
2. Jesus
3. Abraham
4. Martin Luther
5. Issac Newton
6. Hitler
7. Albert Camus
8. Martin Luther King jr
9. Muhammad Ali
10. Micheal Jackson

(11). Kanye Kardashian.
>>
File: 1451075190043.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1322) Image search: [Google]
1451075190043.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1322
1. Diogenes

Everyone else
>>
>2. Jesus

Are you kidding? I thought this was a list of real actual people who existed.
>>
>>822310
Jesus was a real historical figure, only autistic fedora tier atheists deny that
>>
>>821539
>no muhammad
>no einstein
>>
>>822315
There isn't much evidence outside the the Bible, and well, that's a little biased. The Romans have no record of him.
>>
File: B8N6QCKCIAAf7Qf.jpg (21 KB, 298x279) Image search: [Google]
B8N6QCKCIAAf7Qf.jpg
21 KB, 298x279
>>822337
>muhammad

This isn't the slimiest person's in human history thread, anon.
>>
>>822340
What about Tacitus?
>>
>>821539
Where's Morrissey?
>>
>>822340
Pilate writes in his OWN PERSONAL RECORDS ABOUT JESUS.
Good Christ you're a moron
>>
>>822387
Even if Jesus existed, no one outside the bible mentions he is god.

Mythical Jesus is just an imaginary scapegoat in whom intellectually-lazy hobos and douchebags pretend absolves their personal responsibility.
>>
>>822442
But if nobody mentioned he was god then whyd they put it in the Bible fuckface? You dont have to take it at face value but holy fuck your putting your fingers in your ear and strapped your goalpoast to a fucking rocket. Here's a suggestion. Actually go read the bible and learn about the history around it before you shitpost about a millenia old book on a Tibetan Folk Tale Forum.
>>
>>822483
>"Whoever comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and even life itself, cannot be my disciple."

The more I read about Jesus, the more I suspect he was a jerk. Or would have been, had he existed.
>>
>>822442
Tacitus, Pilat and many other writings confirm the existence of Jesus of Nazareth.
Go back to red.dit faggot.
>>
>>822442
OP here
Regardless of what is true about Jesus, he as a historical figure has transcended time with his influence on others and that's why he's on my list.
>>
>>822372
I don't really know that much about him, probably because I associate him with the band as a whole.

Based on my own subjective appraisal he wouldn't fall in the top 10
>>
>>822337
>Muhammad
Very influential, by in my opinion he's the head of a second rate sect. I would put Haile Selassie of Ethiopia before him when it comes to Abrahamic of shoots.
>Einstein
Definitely a contestant, I see his work as bring the persisting scientific views into one coherent perspective on reality. If I had a list of just mathematics or scientific progressives he'd be there
>>
>>822442
>Only the people that believe Jesus is God call him God
And?
The extra-biblical records of Jesus' existence usually mention that Christians worship him as God
>>
>>823298
Jah bless
>>
>>823298
>>823340
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivUq5bp_S0A
>>
File: enhanced-buzz-5639-1367258753-0.jpg (220 KB, 625x496) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-buzz-5639-1367258753-0.jpg
220 KB, 625x496
>>823340
>>823347
Rastafarianism is a based religion
>all you gotta do is smoke some weed and chill bro
>>
first time i've seen albert camus and muhammad ali in one list
>>
>>822310
>>822340
How uncivilized are you, did you not go to school?
>>
I'd like to preface this by saying that I maintain a position of uncertainty on whether or not a vague historical Christ existed whose tales were later embellished either on purpose or coincidentally.

>>822351
Has a distinct chance of having been edited in some way to either include the paragraph or make it reference Jesus (Or rather Christ) specifically.
The passage goes unquoted for centuries (In other words, no reference is made as to whether or not it exists), there is no confirmation of his version of events by a second source and a single surviving copy (8th century copy) containing the paragraph passes through Christian hands before it is ever mentioned (Making it easy to change).
It also has a Christus/Chrestus duality (Both with different meanings) simply because an 'e' was provably replaced by an 'i' when spelling Chrestians (Christus as far as I know was simply rendered as Chrstus).

>>822387
Wasn't the general consensus on Acts of Pilate that it was a fake? Or are you refering to something different?

>>822483
Lucian calls the Christians gullible idiots that believe things without evidence, instead receiving their doctrines traditionally. Maybe that's why Christians of the time believed it.
>>
>>823786
No, it is not consensus that Pilates writings were fake
>>
Confucius, Aristotle, Archimedes
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.