[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you rank his preformance as a general? Mainly VS the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: General_Peng_Dehuai.jpg (17 KB, 300x386) Image search: [Google]
General_Peng_Dehuai.jpg
17 KB, 300x386
How would you rank his preformance as a general? Mainly VS the Americans in the Korean War?
>>
>>818171
One of the best the PLA has in it's ranks.

Dumb shit Mao had him killed in TCR which is the stupidest decision to make no matter what perspective you're looking at it from.
>>
File: Peng_4.jpg (98 KB, 341x500) Image search: [Google]
Peng_4.jpg
98 KB, 341x500
>You gotta visit the Lushan conference bruh
>I totally won't be a huge dick or anything about what you might say or write about my fuck ups
>>
>>818216
>bringing up old private conversations in Jinggang mountains as evidence of betrayal

Mao is really petty
>>
>>818171
He was an excellent commander I'd day better than any of his contemporaries on the UN side
>>
>>818179
>Dumb shit Mao had him killed in TCR
That's not what happened.
>>
>>818179
Peng Dehuai wasn't killed. He was house arrested and disgraced.

Also as a result, set back the People's Liberation Army modernization for 20 years back. Hence that fucking Shitshow in the 1970's Sino-Vietnamese Border Conlficts.
>>
File: The CIA's Heart Attack Gun.png (567 KB, 600x648) Image search: [Google]
The CIA's Heart Attack Gun.png
567 KB, 600x648
>>818315
>Mao is really petty

Communism can't allow any dissent, that's the whole point of the whole philosophy. Not even a secret thought.

The end stage of communism is a post-literate, post-linguistic majority of proles and a tiny scientific techno-elite party leadership class att the very tip top of a global, one world government pyramid in a continuous 3-way civil war with itself.

Everything Orwell wrote was based on documents he uncovered while he was a spy in British MI6. He wasn't making it up, why do you think he wound up dead just a year after 1984 was published.

A "Respiratory illness" they said. Yeah, that's cute, let me tell ya another bedtime story: Pic related.
>>
>>819347
Peng Dehuai died of complications from torture and imprisonment so those Red Guard Niggers might as well killed him.
>>
>>819426
>>819403
>Mao
>Red Guards

no
>>
Gets a bit of a bad rep because of the human wave tactics meme.
>>
>>819465
So do the Russians in World War II after 1943. If any non-western/central european force is fighting a western/central european force and it has more people, it's immediately "human wave tactics" and "untrained conscripts overwhelming professional soldiers."

To be fair, in World War II the Soviets did use human wave tactics in 1941, but they were literally facing annihilation at that time, and it's not like the Germans didn't do the exact same thing with the Volkssturm by 1945 when it was their turn to be on the ropes.
>>
>>819403

You realize 1984 is a work of fiction, right?
>>
>>819403
>Everything Orwell wrote was based on documents he uncovered while he was a spy in British MI6.

Citation: your ass

Orwell wasn't fucking James Bond, his job was making propaganda for the Britbong war effort
>>
>>819317
>>819347
>Red Guards killed him

>Mao didn't

What's the difference?

If Mao didn't want him killed he would have told the Red Guards to keep him alive
>>
>>818171
>be general of chink army is like playing Universalis game with unlimited manpower cheat
That feel annon
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.