[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some times during history where it looked like the world
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
What are some times during history where it looked like the world was ending and civilization was going to collapse?
>>
right now
>>
The Migration Period.
>>
>>816828

25 year rule :^)
>>
Younger-Dryas
>>
crisis of the third century
bronze age collapse
>>
The Cuban Missle Crisis.
>>
The entire Cold War, what ever the fuck took out the entire Mediterranean during the Bronze Age, the plague, and the 1930s/40s to name a few.
>>
>>816823
Mongol invasions. The entire civilized world thought they were a punishment from God.
>>
>>816823
The plague, cold war, bronze age, mongols. Basically any worldwide disaster people have thought that the world was ending.
>>
>>817023
Really? I thought that only Eastern Europe and China saw them that way.
>>
Black plague

Alarics sack of rome

Euphraties flooding near the end of the ive age

Spartan sack of Athens
>>
>>816823
The immediate post-war years after WW1
>>
The Korean War
>>
>>817051
you mean the fucking roaring twenties?
>>
>>817216
What does "immediate" mean to you
>>
File: Quatermass 1979 (8).jpg (79 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Quatermass 1979 (8).jpg
79 KB, 1280x720
>>816823
when flower people started dropping out of society and sitting in fields all day doing drugs
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.