[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your favorite Nietzsche quotes: >The formula of our
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: nietzsche insane.jpg (57 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche insane.jpg
57 KB, 620x320
Post your favorite Nietzsche quotes:

>The formula of our happiness: a Yea, a Nay, a straight line, a goal...
>>
File: 1433995871616.jpg (77 KB, 580x700) Image search: [Google]
1433995871616.jpg
77 KB, 580x700
>Once upon a time, in some out of the way corner of that universe which is dispersed into numberless twinkling solar systems, there was a star upon which clever beasts invented knowing. That was the most arrogant and mendacious minute of "world history," but nevertheless, it was only a minute. After nature had drawn a few breaths, the star cooled and congealed, and the clever beasts had to die. One might invent such a fable, and yet he still would not have adequately illustrated how miserable, how shadowy and transient, how aimless and arbitrary the human intellect looks within nature. There were eternities during which it did not exist. And when it is all over with the human intellect, nothing will have happened.
>>
>>81487
Love that essay

>What then is truth? A movable host of metaphors, metonymies, and; anthropomorphisms: in short, a sum of human relations which have been poetically and rhetorically intensified, transferred, and embellished, and which, after long usage, seem to a people to be fixed, canonical, and binding. Truths are illusions which we have forgotten are illusions- they are metaphors that have become worn out and have been drained of sensuous force, coins which have lost their embossing and are now considered as metal and no longer as coins.
>>
>>81547
He was pretty much a post-modernist before modernism even happened.
>>
>>81774
no he fucking wasn't
>>
please don't ruin this board by making Nietzsche threads. you are cancer
>>
>>81774
Post modernists were heavily inspired by him, so it kind of makes sense
>>
>>81796
>criticises and dismisses grand narratives and truth and replaces it with perspectivism
>not proto-po-mo
>>
File: 10006123-r.jpg (172 KB, 450x765) Image search: [Google]
10006123-r.jpg
172 KB, 450x765
>>81454
>"The mother of excess is not joy, but joylessness."

My favorite by far
>>
>>81817
No, this is where retarded threads like these should go. This is the proper home. Enjoy.
>>
>>82010
You mean I'm not enjoying myself when I eat 25 snickers? Heresy!
>>
File: Friedrich-Nietzsche-For-women.jpg (27 KB, 400x285) Image search: [Google]
Friedrich-Nietzsche-For-women.jpg
27 KB, 400x285
>>81454
>"Existentialism was God's first mistake."
>>
>>81454
>What is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil.
BGE 153
>>
>>82122
You might be, but it's an empty and superficial happiness caused by a deep seated feeling of having no control over your life...but you can control how many snickers you eat.
>>
>>82193
But anon, Man was God's first mistake.
>>
>>82362
I know, I just wanted to be funny.
>>
>>82228
Agreed, explains fat people pretty well tbqh

>>82507
Can you explain the logic? I don't get how that could have been funny
>>
>>82833
>Can you explain the logic?
Just would be funny for a famous existentialist to call existentialism a mistake.
>>
>>82975
Heh, alright, wasn't too bad, I guess I'm just too autistic
>>
>>81454
Fruit
Three ways
Ponies
>>
>>83932
No wonder he went bananas.
>>
>>81487
This is some Lovecraftian mentality right here
>>
>>85154
It's true thought.
>>
SEVEN
>>
>>85681
POUNDS
>>
>>85690
OF
>>
>>81487
Holy fuck Nietzsche was based.
>>
>>85896
FRUIT
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.