[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God is what we call the infinite imaterial order of the immutable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 8
File: 1445207695834.jpg (265 KB, 3000x1694) Image search: [Google]
1445207695834.jpg
265 KB, 3000x1694
God is what we call the infinite imaterial order of the immutable eternity, the necessary being and the only source of reality, totally present for everything, without being limited by anything. Therefore, He is the source of all power, knowledge and life.

Can you disagree with it?
>>
>>814517
No because christian idiots refuse to call their deity by its actual name instead of god so everytime you say God those morons think you mean their sky jew.
>>
God is my wiener for all life emanates from it.
>>
Nope. Sounds right to me.
>>
File: 1448772167063.jpg (194 KB, 585x913) Image search: [Google]
1448772167063.jpg
194 KB, 585x913
>>814520
But Christ is the divine logos in the flesh. We can define God, like I did, but in real life, you need Christ for He's the true path.
>>
>>814527
>we can define the concept of God
Fixed.
>>
>>814527
No fuck off you stupid fuck, the entity that made this reality would not be any deity in human mythology at all it would be something beyond our comprehension and understanding.
>>
>>814520
What name should we use?
>>
>>814533
Is God not beyond your comprehension and understanding?
>>
>>814537
I dont believe this you fucking christians dont even know the name of your deity.
>>
>>814533
That's what makes you an antichrist and an insufferable bastard. You have no hope in reality, you hate the creator and its creation, so you think no one can hold any faith, hope and love towards Him, but wants everyone to accept your own ways and you get mad when they don't.
>>
>>814541
There is no God , there is no Yahweh/Jehovah/Elohim at all you stupid fuck.
>>
>>814543
Christians shouldn't believe in names.
>>
File: dictionary are for gays.jpg (49 KB, 422x198) Image search: [Google]
dictionary are for gays.jpg
49 KB, 422x198
>>814517
>the infinite imaterial order of the immutable eternity,

What?

>the necessary being and the only source of reality

How do you know there is only one such source, and in fact how do you know there is EVEN one?

>Therefore, He is the source of all power, knowledge and life.

Well sure since you defined the word that way. Your use of therefore suggests you're trying to make an argument, but all you've done is define "god" in an idiosyncratic fashion that simply begs the question.
>>
>>814548
The real creator of this universe would see our galaxy like how the sun sees a quark.
>>
>>814551
If God exists, there's no you. I don't actually believe you exist.
>>
>>814543
Nobody does. But you were the one grousing about it. Why?
>>
>>814551

Ah, but there is.
>>
>>814561
Obviously I exist because you can see my post stop being stupid.
>>814553
Even muslims call their deity by its name.
>>
>>814517
how did you come to this conclusion?
>>
>>814565
Prove it.
>>
>>814566
And just as obviously, God exists, as you can see the universe He made.
>>
>>814566
>Even muslims call their deity by its name.

They actually deny that Al-lah is a name.
>>
>>814557
>How do you know there is only one such source
The essence of duality, trinity and so on, only exists because the essence of unity.
>>
>>814548

If the Universe has a creator, there is not the slightest chance he judges us by some ridiculous human-centric set of rules like those in the Bible. I mean come on, he created the whole fucking UNIVERSE but he really, really cares that you don't wear mixed fabrics, or boil calves in their mother's milk, or touch another man's dinky-winky? The idea is infantile.
>>
>>814572
You have no proof Yahweh made the universe.
>>
>>814571
Things exist.

It is possible for those things to not exist.

Whatever has the possibility of non-existence, yet exists, has been caused to exist.

Something cannot bring itself into existence since it must exist to bring itself into existence, which is illogical.

There cannot be an infinite number of causes to bring something into existence.

An infinite regression of causes ultimately has no initial cause, which means there is no cause of existence.

Since the universe exists, it must have a cause.

Therefore, there must be an uncaused cause of all things.

The uncaused cause must be God.
>>
>>814578

Ah, but I do.
>>
>>814566
Names and words are idols, in the modern sense of the word.

>Obviously I exist because you can see my post stop being stupid.
Maybe that post didn't reflect your existence.
>>
>>814574
>The essence of duality, trinity and so on, only exists because the essence of unity.

What? Are you suggesting that because the number one comes before the number two, this proves there is only one single source for reality creation?
>>
>>814577
>if

>there is not the slightest chance he judges us by some ridiculous human-centric set of rules like those in the Bible
And why should you judge? You are judging right now, bades on what?
>>
>>814591
>based on
FIxed.
>>
To claim a god is necessary is to claim that intelligence is more innate to reality than anything else. I disagree with that. Intelligence is but the function of a form, a form dictated by physical laws. You might as well claim that the act of toasting bread is more innate to reality than the physical laws that make a toaster function.
>>
None of you really exist
But you do exist
But to me - this is just my own ride
I am all of you
>>
>>814585
>>814587
Blah blah blah blah post proof or shut up.
>>
>>814590
No, I said the essence of unity is hierarchically previous to the other numbers. There's a reason for that, and the reason is that the creator is only one.
>>
>>814585
That was the moat pretentious post/thread I have ever read, stop taking yourself so serious.
>>
>>814598
Genesis 1New King James Version (NKJV)

The History of Creation
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
>>
>>814593
Computers will never be intelligent. The concept of intelligence for christians is "perception of reality".
>>
>>814605
It's a cut-and-paste of the cosmological proof of God.

There's an ontological proof, if you'd prefer.
>>
>>814609
Really? That is your proof? Kill yourself and meet him
>>
>>814609
Same as the beginning myth in every religion now post proof or shut up.
>>
>>814613
I have already met Him, and will be with Him forever.
>>
>>814559
The Sun doesn't see anything.
>>
>>814613
You can only prove the concept of God, the reality of Jesus can only be experienced.
>>
>>814585
>Things exist.

With you so far
>It is possible for those things to not exist.

Well no, because they exist and principle of non-contradiction. But I see where you;re going with this so okay
>Whatever has the possibility of non-existence, yet exists, has been caused to exist.

Not proven, we have examples of things coming into existence (virtual particle pairs) that have no demonstrable cause.

>Something cannot bring itself into existence since it must exist to bring itself into existence, which is illogical.
>There cannot be an infinite number of causes to bring something into existence.

Why not? Beyond logical impossibility, which, given we are talking about god, is entirely on the cards?

>An infinite regression of causes ultimately has no initial cause, which means there is no cause of existence.

No, an infinite array does not suggest no cause, it suggests an infinitely distant cause.

>Since the universe exists, it must have a cause.

Again, why? Perhaps Universes are exactly the kind of thing that CAN cause itself? Why posit a god at all?

>Therefore, there must be an uncaused cause of all things.
>The uncaused cause must be God.

...even if I were to have agreed with you until now, all you would have proven is that the Universe has a cause that was itself uncaused. Why would you call this "god"? It could be Xenu. Or, again, Universes might not need a cause, like virtual particles.
>>
>>814614
I did.

You must have dismissed it due to your overwhelming bias.
>>
>>814618
No retard its like a human and an ant, the human shows nothing but pure indifference to the ant.
>>
>>814622
Well, that's kind of the point. "God" is just a title for the uncaused cause; the unmoved mover; the Creator.

It's not a name.
>>
>>814625
Post proof ACTUAL PROOF not MUH GOD BOOK SAYS SO IT HAS TO BE TRUE.
>>
>>814559
How do you know this?
>>
>>814591
>And why should you judge?

Because unlike your theoretical "god", I, being human, AM concerned with the affairs of other humans.

>You are judging right now, bades on what?

Everything I have learnt about how nature works, over the whole span of my life. Plus reason and logic.
>>
>>814626
Speak for yourself, I for one found my ant farm very fascinating.
>>
>>814630
Yes, that is essentially the proof. Everything properly in the bible is true; that God created the heavens and the earth is properly in the bible; and it is therefore true.

See, revealed knowledge from God is higher than any sort of empirical nonsense you think is necessary to "prove" things.
>>
>>814622
God is the supreme Good. When people call something/someone God, they are referring to the thing they obey and serve.
>>
>>814603
>There's a reason for that, and the reason is that the creator is only one.

So... 1+1=2 proves god, to you? What a completely stupid idea.
>>
>>814634
So, nature is your God.
>>
>>814636
In general humans pay no attention puny ants therefore the sun pays no attention a miniscule quark and thus a universal creator pays no attention to a tiny galaxy.
>>
>>814636
I know, right? Dude's on his way to being a serial killer.
>>
>>814611
>The concept of intelligence for christians is "perception of reality".

So Christians think all animals and arguably even plants are "intelligent"?
>>
>>814634
>I'm better than Jesus and his chosen apostles, believe in me
O-ok, have a nice day.
>>
>>814517
Yes. You're conflating creation with creator. Get this pantheist bullshit outta here.
>>
>>814647
On what basis to you make the assumption that the Creator behaves identically to His creation?

Also,

>humans pay no attention puny ants therefore the sun pays no attention a miniscule quark

Please be trolling.
>>
>>814629
>"God" is just a title for the uncaused cause; the unmoved mover; the Creator.

Okay. How do you know your "god" has ANY qualities beyond "first cause"? And what is your response to the observation that things can, in fact, start to exist WITHOUT any apparent cause, as with virtual particles?
>>
>>814649
The perception of reality can only exist through faith in reality, and this implies a living consciousness.
>>
>>814611
>Computers will never be intelligent.
An unfounded claim that only finds refuge in semantics surrounding the word "intelligence".
>>
>>814660
>How do you know your "god" has ANY qualities beyond "first cause"?

Because He revealed Himself through the person of Jesus Christ.

>what is your response to the observation that things can, in fact, start to exist WITHOUT any apparent cause, as with virtual particles?

Simply because a cause is not apparent does not mean there is no cause.

Also different anon btw.
>>
>>814658
Are you retarded? WHY IN THE NAME OF FUCK WOULD SOMETHING THAT MADE THE UNIVERSE GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOU FUCKING YOU ONE WALKING APE ON ONE PLANET ORBITING ONE STAR IN ONE GALAXY IN ONE GALACTIC CLUSTER IN ONE GALACTIC SUPERCLUSTER AND A SMALL COSMIC FILAMENT WHY THE FUCK WOULD THIS ENTITY EVER CARE ABOUT YOU A WORTHLESS PIECE OF MINISCULE TALKING SAPIENT CARBON MOLECULES.
>>
>>814641

So "god" is just a euphemism for "goodness"? What does that have to do with the argument I replied to? How can a reified concept create anything, let alone a whole universe?
>>
>>814662
You are doing that. Artificial intelligence is only a metaphor. All intelligence is deeply rooted in a living soul.
>>
>>814664
Because He made me.
>>
>>814646

No, nature is my nature. I don't worship nature or attribute any qualities to it that transcend reality. I don't even seek to live in harmony with it, since I seek out unnatural comforts such as hot showers and internet connections.
>>
>>814670
No intelligence is caused by neural connections in animal life, and some unexplained thing in slime mould.
>>
>>814650

At least I exist, retard. But you keep right on paying those tithes, remember, god needs money! Good goy!
>>
>>814666
No, God is an euphemism for Supreme Good. The supreme good is the end, not the "goodness" itself.
>>
>>814661

So you deny that animals have senses? Or that plants grow towards sunlight Or do dogs believe in Jesus?
>>
>>814672
You must care about something to make it, life is an example of this being bullshit as the primal imperative in life is reproduce multiple times meaning create new life you dont give a shit about thus something creating you does not mean it gives a shit about you. The real creators of you are the laws of biology, chemistry and physics.
>>
File: 4363466.jpg (48 KB, 593x273) Image search: [Google]
4363466.jpg
48 KB, 593x273
>>814678
No, you need money, Jesus rejects the evil merchants.
>>
>>814684
I don't deny senses, I'm talking about faith and consciousness (which are the same thing, to some extent).
>>
>>814660
It's a huge question. It boils down to this: There are three heavens, our atmo, space, and the heaven where God lives, the third heaven. The third heaven is not higher than the first two; it overlaps the first two at all times and at all points. It is, if you will, at right angles to reality.

If we can find and track things that pop in and out of our two heavens, they must be coming from the third. There are no other options.

We know that beings in the third routinely and effortlessly go between our two heavens and the third. We can posit that particles can also cross this barrier, and that they do not "disappear" but go to a place beyond where we can observe them.
>>
>>814663
>Because He revealed Himself through the person of Jesus Christ.

Prove it. Prove that the Bible is the word of God, or that Jesus was the son of god, or in fact that he even existed at all. Then, prove that there is a connection between your uncaused cause and Jesus. I'll wait.

>Simply because a cause is not apparent does not mean there is no cause.

True but equally true of your god. Just because YOU cannot imagine a Universe that causes itself, or a cause of the Universe that is not god, doesn't mean that this is not the case.
>>
>>814675
>confuses material causes with formal causes
The meaning of your words are not caused by the pixels on the screen, Jesus.
>>
>>814664

It is a wonderful mystery, isn't it? What is man, that thou carest for Him?
>>
>>814693
>I'm talking about faith and consciousness (which are the same thing, to some extent).
How is faith and consiousness the same thing?
>>
>>814679

Why do you assume there is such a thing? What does it even mean? Isn't everyone's "good" slightly different? My "good" certainly isn't the same as a blowfiy's or dung beetle's, or even a fellow human who happens to be a muslim or a nazi or something. Also, why do you assume the uncaused cause (assuming there is such a thing) is ALSO the "supreme good"? There seems to be no logic to this connection at all.
>>
>>814664
We are superior to the whole Universe, if you look at it in another perspective.
>>
>>814673
If you think nature created itself, then nature is your God, whether you are a devout acolyte or not.
>>
>>814704
I read the bible and Yahweh sounds like a master manipulator instead of HURR DURR HE LOVES ME SO.
>>
>>814696
As the bible tells the end from the beginning, which is a thing only God can do, the bible proves itself to be inspired by the living God.
>>
>>814718
What greater love can a person do than to lay down his life for another?
>>
>>814687

Jesus is a fairytale made up by greedy priests to rob gullible idiots like you of your precious jewgolds. If the universe has a creator, and he has set aside an afterlife for us, then everyone is saved. Any other position amounts to second-guessing an all-powerful being, and anyone who tells you otherwise is trying to sell you something.
>>
>>814713
The act of assuming is the act of assuming a good. C'mon, this is basic philosophy, you don't even need faith to understand that.
Aristotle says, for a good reason, that the ultimate good is the supreme reality.
>>
>>814685
The primal imperative in life is to love God and your neighbor. If you do not do these things you will die but if you do them, you will gain eternal life.

God is author of the laws of biology, chemistry and physics.

>>814696
It is ultimately a matter of faith.
>>
>>814724
What does this have to do with my post?
>>814721
The bible has nothing on the heat death of the universe so the end is bullshit.
>>
>>814695
>There are three heavens, our atmo, space, and the heaven where God lives, the third heaven

There is no border between "our atmosphere" and "space". And why would the second heaven be above the first, but the third is orthogonal to both? Also, how do you know any of this? Did god tell you? Or are you relying on the words of mere men?
>>
>>814729
>The primal imperative in life is to love God and your neighbor

You are a complete lunatic
>God is author of the laws of biology, chemistry and physics.
Proof?
>>
>>814725
Too much wishful thinking 4 me.
>>
>>814731
Jesus, YHWH, died so that you might live. You say He is not a loving God.

Why would He die for you, if He did not love you?

Oh, but it does.
2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.
>>
>>814721
>As the bible tells

And why should I trust what the Bible says? There are countless demonstrable factual errors in it.

Also, you DO realise that virtually every mythology in history tells an account of the origin of the universe?
>>
>>814724

Except god doesn't do this, because he resurrects himself. This is simply cheating, and is typical of the moronic wordgames your "god" is so fond of.
>>
>>814737
There used to be. It fell.

People in the third heaven talk to people on earth; it's literally within hailing distance. As you walk around, right where you are, you are also walking through the third heaven as you are through the first.

You present me with a false choice; God told me, through His prophets, and through His Son, and through His directly inspired Word.
>>
>>814757
Why should I trust what my own prejudices and people on the internet say? There are countless demonstrable factual errors in it.
>>
>>814757
If you took any time whatsoever, you would find that there are claims of factual errors, but that all of those claims are false.

Since we all descend from two people, it's not surprising that our family has the same, or similar, stories.
>>
>>814728
>The act of assuming is the act of assuming a good.

What? Are you suggesting that if I see a man with his pants on inside out and assume that he must have dressed in a hurry this means I must believe in a god?

>Aristotle

Smart tho he was, he lived thousands of years ago. Why would I care what he thought about as subject he knew almost nothing about?
>>
>>814761
How can you be resurrected, if you did not die?

How can you bring others back from death, if you cannot bring yourself back from death?
>>
>>814670
What the fuck is a "living soul"? You can't just prove shit by making up terms and claiming them as immutable fact. If there is such thing as a "living soul" then make a falsifiable claim.
>>
>>814729
>It is ultimately a matter of faith.

That's right, don't think about it, ignore the fact that many of the things your priests tell you are flatly ridiculous or abhorrent, it's not like they have a vested interest in lying to you. Good goy.
>>
>>814780
Do you think people have grown increasingly more intelligent over the past 2000 years?
>>
>>814783
You are a living soul.
>>
>>814780
>Are you suggesting that if I see a man with his pants on inside out and assume that he must have dressed in a hurry this means I must believe in a god?
No, I'm saying that all assumption implies the knowledge of a reality, of something that is or must be true to the speaker.

>Smart tho he was, he lived thousands of years ago. Why would I care what he thought about as subject he knew almost nothing about?
He gives reason, you don't need to believe if you want.
>>
>>814768
>There used to be. It fell.

Are you claiming that there was at one time a barrier between our atmosphere and "space"? Do you know what space is? Do you understand what an atmosphere is? Was there anything in the second heaven before this barrier was removed? Where did the barrier go? Why was it removed, and why was it there in the first place since things seem to work pretty well without it?

>God told me, through His prophets, and through His Son, and through His directly inspired Word.

If the Bible is god's inspired word, why is it so full of errors?
>>
>>814755
What a load of nonsense.
>>814789
How the fuck can a soul be "living"?
>>814779
>descend from two people
biologically impossible not even bacteria do this.
>>
>>814577
The idea of a Creator based on the superstitions of tribal Hebrews and their messianic descendants is infantile. The idea of a Creator however is far from so. Materialism isn't compatible with quantum physics, which means either this is a simulation (or simulations within simulations, forever), we are in one of many of the possible variations of the Universe/Multiverse, or God. The first two by fail Occam's Razor, and of course Atheists refuse to say "God".
>>
>>814770

So rather than rely on your own common sense and reason, you choose to rely on a book you know is full of errors because you worry that your reason will also be full of errors? Well, I guess at least you're smart enough to realise how stupid you are.
>>
>>814779
>If you took any time whatsoever, you would find that there are claims of factual errors, but that all of those claims are false.

Exodus is a myth. Jews were never slaves in Egypt. This isn't my claim, it's the claim of Israel's leading archeologists, who have searched for generations for signs of the 40 years of wandering and found exactly nothing.
>>
>>814598
Post proof on God? Oh right, materialists. "Sex doesn't exist, prove it!" says the inexperienced virgin. Almost a fedora regurgitation of the Russia "show proofs" meme. Oh and...
>>814613
>*unsheathes dickatana*
>psssst
>nothing personal kid
>>
>>814783
"by a living consciousness"
Whatever, it works in the same way, you guys are so easily weighed by words
>>
>>814811
Sex exist obviously because you exist meaning you had a mommy and a daddy that played sausage tag. You are so fucking retarded its unbelievable.
>>
>>814798
Yes. There was a water canopy over the entire earth, protecting it from the sun's harmful rays, increasing the oxygen content, and increasing the barometric pressures on earth. While it was there, it never rained on the earth. When it fell, it rained for 40 days, and 40 nights, and it has rained ever since.

Point out one single error. If it's a copyist error, so be it. The copyist error relates only to a copy, and not to the autographs.

If it's a bogus "science proved this", don't waste your time.
>>
>>814801

I hope some day you grow up.
>>
>>814781
>How can you bring others back from death, if you cannot bring yourself back from death?

Well let's ask a doctor that shall we? He can bring you back with an electroshock paddle, so by your logic he must be able to do the same thing for himself,right?

Also, dying in someone else's place is a sacrifice because it is forever. If you "die", knowing in advance that you will come back to life in three days, then what you're doing is not "dying" in the sense that it matters. He may as well have simply been tortured, the "death" adds literally nothing to his "sacrifice" because it wasn't a real death.
>>
>>814810
Jew Wars part 1-3 may be fallacious accounts and bastardizations of other (cough sumerian) creation myths. But this doesn't disprove the concept of Creationism or reality created by a uncreated Creator (of reality). See the Observer problem in the double-slit experiment. Someone has to be watching us ie. a Creator watching his Creation.
>>
>>814805
Isn't one of the best atheist arguments that one who says that christians only believe in the bible because "common sense"?
>>
>>814810
That's odd. The entire account is recorded in the bible, the most faithful history book of all time.

And for some reason, the Jews have celebrated it every single year for the past 3500 or so years.
>>
>>814825
You do realize everything would be dead if that flood actually happened right? It would take far more than 40 days and 40 nights(what?) for water that can cover the entire planet to evaporate right? Also where the fuck did all of his water even come from?
>>
>>814834
The paddles work on someone who has been dead for three days?

Wow, those are some pretty awesome paddles!
>>
>>814786

No but our culture has accumulated a huge amount of new data about the nature of reality. I know that Aristotle, if he were alive today, would not say such stupid things as he sometimes did, because he would be better educated and so be familiar with the objections.

But the next time you get sick, avoid seeing a doctor and just put a dried frog under your hat until you feel better. Afterall, that's what people did thousands of years ago, and you're not going to claim to be smarter than them, are you?
>>
man, this thread is shit. I mean, hell, i don't even believe in god (well, the christian version) and i feel insulted by some of you in this thread ALSO not believing. I didn't think such assholes existed.

and also, while religion is definitely history, how is what IS god and Whether he exists or not history?
>>
>>814843
And yet, everything in the ark lived.

It wasn't just the canopy falling down. It was the fountains of the deep opening up. The eruption of every volcano on earth, and then some.

For fun, look to see how much water is in the crust of the earth now. You'll probably be surprised.

And the mountains back then; they weren't Everest height. They were maybe a mile high. See, the Flood wasn't a rain event; it was an ELE, and it broke the earth, and reshaped it, and likely kicked it a little bit out of orbit.
>>
>>814794
>No, I'm saying that all assumption implies the knowledge of a reality,

So because I assume reality exists, therefore god? You're not one of those tiresome presuppositionalists, are you?
>>
>>814848
He reasoned that there must be an unmoved mover.

Why do you think he would be incapable of recognizing Jesus as that unmoved mover?
>>
>>814852

All history is His Story, Anon.
>>
>>814855
Do you even have the simplest of idea of the fac that jews had no idea there were humans on the otherwide of the globe? Wait they didnt know about this other side as well. Not to mention it is biologically impossible to repopulate any species with only two members.

Christians need to learn biology holy shit.
>>
>>814863
Christposting at its finest. You cultists should have your own containment board.
>>
>>814863
yeah but, were discussing god, not a timeline of events or an event in a timeline. hell, bread lives for like years from wheat to my mouth and i don't discuss "what IS bread?"
>>
>>814869

Before you lose your mind entirely, you may want to look into Mitochondrial Eve.
>>
>>814873

Er, this isn't it?
>>
>>814880
Fair enough.
>>
>>814877
Excellent question. What is bread? When Jesus said that He is bread, what was He talking about? Is God made out of bread? Why do some people eat bread, and think it turns into God in their stomachs?
>>
>>814804
>The idea of a Creator however is far from so.

As a vague concept of "first cause" maybe, but as a personalised being who talks to us using magic? Yeah, that's infantile.

>Materialism isn't compatible with quantum physics

That will be news to physicists. I suggest that in fact you do not understand quantum physics, and that it is in fact a strictly materialist and indeed deterministic theory.

>which means either this is a simulation (or simulations within simulations, forever),

I suspect you don't understand what is meant by the term "hologram" in quantum physics and have misconstrued it as a synonym for "illusion" or "simulation".

>we are in one of many of the possible variations of the Universe/Multiverse

No way to prove whether this is or is not the case, but it's an interesting idea

>The first two by fail Occam's Razor,

No, only the third one does. Neither of the others require we assume that something even more complex than reality exists as the third does.

>Atheists refuse to say "God".

Because people like you can never satisfactorily define it. If all you mean is "first cause", then why not simply say, "first cause"?
>>
>>814878
>Mitochondrial Eve
She reproduced with the sperm of many Australopithecus males not one male you fucking retard.
>>
>>814815

Conciousness is material, it a process that occurs inside your brain, whihc is itself also material. Once your brain stops working, as for example following death, your consciousness will stop as well. Likewise, if your brain is injured, your consciousness is also injured, as for example with paralysis following a stroke or amnesia following a blunt impact to the head.
>>
>>814897

She only mated with Adam. Like usual, science is kind of coming towards the truth, but isn't there yet. And won't be there, until they realize that they've been wrong on God all along.

But so much for your idiotic "we can't all come from one mother!" bullshit, huh.
>>
>>814825

So what was behind the water canopy? Empty space? And where did all the water go?
>>
>>814891
>As a vague concept of "first cause" maybe, but as a personalised being who talks to us using magic? Yeah, that's infantile.

>Because people like you can never satisfactorily define it. If all you mean is "first cause", then why not simply say, "first cause"?

Consistent much?
>>
>>814911
No you fucking retard Y Chromosome Adam was a HUMAN not an Australopithecus therefore she couldnt have mated with it since it existed 4 million years after her.
>>
>>814920

Yes, the sun, moon, stars, etc. that we marvel at.

It's the blue on the globe.
>>
>>814926
kek

Then how were they in the Garden of Eden together, and how did they make Cain, Abel, Seth, and all of their daughters?
>>
>>814929
The flood cannot be the water on the globe because for the flood to make sense then it would have to be MORE WATER than is on the globe currently.
>>
>>814835
>Jew Wars part 1-3 may be fallacious accounts and bastardizations of other (cough sumerian) creation myths. But this doesn't disprove the concept of Creationism or reality created by a uncreated Creator (of reality).

No, but the fact that large parts of the Bible are myth and falsehood DOES refute the claim that the Bible is infallible, which in turn raises the question of just how much, if ANY, of it's contents can actually be trusted.

>See the Observer problem in the double-slit experiment

What observer problem?

>Someone has to be watching us ie. a Creator watching his Creation.

This doesn't follow at all from anything that has been said ITT. Are you perhaps confusing the term "observation" as used in physics for the human activity of "watching"?
>>
>>814936
There is no eden you fucking retard.
>>
>>814938
Again, the fountains of the deep opened up, and the crust of the earth has more water than the oceans. Plus, the entire planet was re-formed. The Flood lasted more than a year, and it changed everything.
>>
>>814838

Not many people are honest enough to admit to be retarded like that Anon was. Fort people like him, doing what other people tell you without any thought or reflection is probably for the best.
>>
>>814939
>No, but the fact that large parts of the Bible are myth and falsehood DOES refute the claim that the Bible is infallible,

This is a lie, not a fact.
>>
>>814940
Then what is the cherub with the flaming sword defending?
>>
>>814846

It's just a technological problem, in theory we could devise a machine to revive someone dead or days. Jesus is supposedly god almighty, so it's a pretty easy trick for him.
>>
>>814884
i fucking love this post.
>>
>>814963
So, Jesus did it 2000 years ago, and we can't do it today.

But you assure me, that at some point in the future, science will be able to resurrect people.
>>
>>814945
The subsurface water has been down there before there were even oceans on the surface of the earth.
> Plus, the entire planet was re-formed.
Read the bible you stupid christfag holy shit I hate religious nutjobs that cant even be consistent with their madness.
>>814957
That never happened
>>
>>814861
>He reasoned that there must be an unmoved mover.

Based on not knowing anything about fundamental physics, and based on not having read the centuries of thinkers since his time who have tackled the same idea. Are you suggesting that he was predetermined to arrive at the same conclusion, no matter how much evidence he had to consider?
>>
>>814922

So you DO literally mean NOTHING BUT "a vague and impersonal first cause" when you use the word god? Really? Are you sure you're not lying, yet again? Jesus doesn't like liars didn't you know?
>>
>>814972
You die because your brain cells lose oxygen and cant work anymore so by simply preventing your brain cells from losing oxygen then you dont die its that simple anon. You could bring a dead person back to life by simply reanimating their neurons and our neurons can actually exist longer than our bodies meaning the reason we die is because of our shitty meatsuits and not our brain.
>>
>>814929
>Yes, the sun, moon, stars, etc. that we marvel at.

So the whole of space? What prevented the water from immediately exploding out into an ever-thinning miasma, given the enormous forces present in liquid water and a vacuum or near vacuum to expand into? Also, what held it in place? Also, are there similar canopies over other planets, or just Earth?
>>
Yes, because you try to explain a term you don't define with other terms you don't define. What you're saying is essentially meaningless
>>
>>814952

You literally just agreed that Exodus is fiction. The Bible is not a reliable historical guide, why should I trust it for spiritual guidance?
>>
>>814975
Exactly. The fountains of the deep opened up, and the rain came down. Liquid from two directions.

It's still happening. Try to enter Eden. Go ahead.
>>
>>815047
What fountain? What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>814977
I'm saying that if he, like Job, is smart enough to figure out there must be a God, and that there must be a mediator between man and God, and that mediator must be God, that he could come to the same place Job did.

Meeting God.
>>
>>815058

So presumably you take medical advice from scripture, too? Or is it only when it comes to imaginary problems that you "turn to god"?
>>
>>815042
Yes, as I ignore all lies.
>>
>>815055
I'm talking about magma. What are you talking about?
>>
>>815082
My first go-to is God, yes. But I'm not like some christian science, or whoever, who eschews medicine.
>>
>>815187

Do you take economic advice from the your Bible as well?

If you do, how many times did you give away all your possessions to the poor?
>>
>>814905
I swear, dualists act like they are living in ancient Egypt and think the brain serves no purpose other than to radiate heat. You would think that railroad spikes through the brain significantly affecting conciousness and personality and all the stuff we know about neurology would be enough for them, but they don't WANT to believe that the mind is the brain.
>>
File: thumbnail_10276.jpg (14 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_10276.jpg
14 KB, 400x300
How about you drop all the grandeur bullshit and just say that god is the aggregate of all information
>>
>>815287
Duality is illusory delusion. There are an infinite number of poles for any given situation.
>>
>>815332
Because not all information is good.
>>
File: AWHGAHD.png (7 KB, 94x136) Image search: [Google]
AWHGAHD.png
7 KB, 94x136
>>815538
God isn't merely inherently all that is good in the universe, god is all that is. I don't know if you've noticed this or not but morality doesn't really apply to the mechanics of the universe. It's merely philosophic conjecture. You do not exist to be enabled as a neurotic, narcissistic babyman. If life weren't essentially a playground, you wouldn't be allowed to kill people.
>>
>>816143
god is all that is, in this sense of "is", is Good. Information is other stuff.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1409x775) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1409x775
>>814577
>muh no polyester
>muh kosher/trayf

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4r2m_cffRjI

Half that shit was to make the Jews as "different" as possible while getting them to a societal point that was ready for the Messiah.
>>
>>814614
>Same as the beginning myth in every religion now
Clearly you aren't well read on your creation myths.
>>
File: 1441437998108.png (746 KB, 696x745) Image search: [Google]
1441437998108.png
746 KB, 696x745
>>816160
What "is" is not "good" or "bad." It merely is. Actuality cannot be encompassed by ideas of normality or hierarchical preference. God is the ambiguous core of all meaning; that which controls the flow of information in the universe.
>>
>>815225
Why would you assume that what Jesus told the rich young ruler applied to everyone?

Did you miss all of the parables where Jesus commended His children for going out into the marketplace, and doubling what He gave them?

What am I saying. Of course you missed everything in the bible.
>>
>>816171
I didn't have the heart to tell him. He was so sure he knew something.
>>
>>816191
You realize those parables aren't about material wealth right?

Because they aren't. At all.
>>
How would any regular, flawed, mortal human being ever really know anything about an entity like "God"?

How would anyone know what "God" really is when no one has ever experienced the same consistent version of "God"? There are so many different cultural and historical interpretations of what "God" is supposed to be that it's hard to take the concept seriously. Look at how among and within the different Abrahamic religions there is disagreement over what "God" is. It gets more complicated when you look outside the Abrahamic tradition!

Why would "God" waste its time with humans on either a personal or collective level?

"God" can never ever really be known because there is no sane or rational way to experience something that is absolute and beyond our normal comprehension.

I'd say the best way to know or experience "God" is to do what our species has been doing ever since it became sentient in the first place: use your imagination!
Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.