[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Catholic Feminism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 1419017105213.jpg (32 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
1419017105213.jpg
32 KB, 620x348
>Much of Johnson's scholarship is built on the foundation of the Second Vatican Council, which urged members of the Catholic Church to overcome "every type of discrimination, whether social or cultural, whether based on sex, race, color, social condition, language or religion."[4]

>"All-male images of God are hierarchical images rooted in the unequal relation between women and men," she writes. "Once women no longer relate to men as patriarchal fathers, lords, and kings in society, these images become religiously inadequate. Instead of evoking the reality of God, they block it."[8]

>She is a Distinguished Professor of Theology at Fordham University, a Jesuit institution in New York City. She is a member of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Brentwood. Johnson has served as president of the Catholic Theological Society of America and is "one of its most well known members."[3]

Also, the woman who popularized the modern use of the word "privilege" is Elisabeth Schüssler Fiorenza, a Catholic theologian. look her up. She employs Vatican II theology

>Kyriarchy, pronounced /ˈkaJriɑːrki/, is a social system or set of connecting social systems built around domination, oppression, and submission. The word was coined by Elisabeth Schüssler Fiorenza in 1992 to describe her theory of interconnected, interacting, and self-extending systems of domination and submission, in which a single individual might be oppressed in some relationships and privileged in others. It is an intersectional extension of the idea of patriarchy beyond gender.[1] Kyriarchy encompasses sexism, racism, homophobia, classism, economic injustice, colonialism, ethnocentrism, militarism, and other forms of dominating hierarchies in which the subordination of one person or group to another is internalized and institutionalized.[2][3]
>>
>>813023
Can we fug nuns now?
>>
>>813023
While the theory do sound a lot like SJWism, there is one big difference I get.
This Catholic theory seems to think that the oppressed in one situation can be an oppressor in another one as well as vice versa.
Modern SJWS seems to have taken the thought that it is always always the white man that is the bad, Asians unable to oppress niggers and so on.
>>
This is all well and good but I'm going to be perfectly honest with you. I don't think there's any reason to incorporate feminism into Christianity. Christ told us to love our neighbor as yourself unconditionally. What can feminism give us to help us do that? If anything feminism has driven a wedge between myself and many of my friends, in many ways because my faith has led me to be more conservative than people I voted for Obama with 4 years ago. What happens when intersectional Catholic feminism further divides the body of Christ against itself? Will female catachumens in sub-Saharan Africa start telling priests they're wrong because they aren't women from sub-Saharan African communities that haven't been exposed to the Word of God as much as others have and therefore deserve really special treatment?
On top of that all of these notions are stale. I'm not saying she's wrong, but the Church is an ancient institution, why did this need to be articulated at all?
And can you please not make too many threads about this, OP? This is already the second. Did you make this as soon as the last 404d?
>>
>>813124
Sorry, I just woke up, this post is a lot worse than it seemed when I was typing it
>>
>>813023
>She is a Distinguished Professor of Theology at Fordham University, a Jesuit institution

>a Jesuit institution

>Jesuit

For fuck's sake
>>
>>813884
The Eternal Jesuit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x17vlonMzuI

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Rahner
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Courtney_Murray
>>
>>813033
SJWs only apply it to a western context. asians may earn more or whatever but they do not have the same hegemony as whites. it would be hypocritical for white SJWs to criticise non-white cultures.
>>
(Muslim here)

Catholics, you need to get your crap together. The West is about to fall into a state of complete degeneracy, if it doesn't get the tether of Abrahamic religion.
>>
>>814937
The Middle East always falls into a state of complete degeneracy even when they get the tether.
>>
>>813023
I like this logo design a lot, actually, but that fist in the face really wasn't necessary.
>>
>>814937
They're the problem, not the solution.

It's too late for them, but I can't say the same for the new kids on the block.
>>
File: Pope-Benedict-welcomes-Po-013.jpg (74 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Pope-Benedict-welcomes-Po-013.jpg
74 KB, 640x360
Are you the same person posting this? You are, aren't you? Every single thread you make on this is exactly the same.

Also there's nothing in this theory that betrays the teachings of the Church. You seem a little annoyed, actually, that Catholic teaching can grapple so handily with the concerns of the 21st Century.

Anyway, cut it out. You've made, what, ten threads on this subject, here and on /lit/? Stop forcing this meme. And it IS a meme.
>>
>>814944
We both know that I meant moral degeneracy.
>>
>>813023
>Also, the woman who popularized the modern use of the word "privilege" is Elisabeth Schüssler Fiorenza

In 1988, American academic and professor Peggy McIntosh published the essay White Privilege and Male Privilege: A Personal Account of Coming to See Correspondences through Work in Women’s Studies, in which she documented forty-six privileges which she, as a white person, experienced in the United States. McIntosh's essay has been credited for stimulating academic interest in privilege, which has been extensively studied in the decades since.
>>
>>815104
I found the paper: http://www.collegeart.org/pdf/diversity/white-privilege-and-male-privilege.pdf
>>
>>813023
>Jesuit
>Also, the woman who popularized the modern use of the word "privilege" is Elisabeth Schüssler Fiorenza, a Catholic theologian

You know I am starting to believe in the Devil and I think he's the God of the Catholic church.

In the past we had them banning books with titles like "The Dignity of Man" and in the present we see this crap.
>>
>>813023
>Dissenters dissent
Oh noes what are we going to do!!?
>>
>>815048
Your religion's morality is degenerate.
>Measuring age in years since puberty
>Taqiyya
>>
>>814937
"give to caesar what is caesar's".
>>
>>813023
http://www.catholic.com/quickquestions/apart-from-abortion-are-there-other-sins-that-incur-automatic-excommunication
Sounds like she's excommunicated herself
>>
>>816128
There's nothing in there that implies she broke any rules.

Besides she's a Jesuit, they control the church.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 650x363) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 650x363
>>816157
>She
>Jesuit
>>
>>814937
Most young priests/bishops are conservative as fuck. We are cleansing our ranks of degenerates and all the hippie leaders are mostly old, so they'll be dead soon.

>>814974
Fuck off, Schlomo.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 503x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 503x500
>>816650
>Most young priests/bishops are conservative as fuck. We are cleansing our ranks of degenerates and all the hippie leaders are mostly old, so they'll be dead soon.

Pic Related
>We get pius "back-to-roots" priests flocking in after things head more southbound before everything is lost
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.