[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the worst ever president and why is it Reagan? >Had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 400x290) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 400x290
Who is the worst ever president and why is it Reagan?

>Had 666 in his name
>Lived in 666 lane
>Wife wore red
>>
The worst was Carter you dope. The 666 thing was Satan trying to make people think Reagan was Satan while he was actually a top-tier president.
>>
>>812779

Lolwut
>>
>>812779
>mccarthyite

How is that a bad thing?

>muh poor innocent communist spies
>>
>>814108
This, it's easily Carter or Hoover.

Carter especially is such a monumental failure, literally JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP: the president.
>>
>>814108
Actually majority of Reagan's contributions on international scene were started by Carter.
>>
>>812779
>Warren G. Harding
>>
>still believing that Contras were bad guys

Fuck off commie.
>>
>>814115
Not when it stifles free speech and expression
>>
File: Gvy0AFe.jpg (43 KB, 600x592) Image search: [Google]
Gvy0AFe.jpg
43 KB, 600x592
>Taliban existed during Reagan's presidency

Nice bait.
>>
>>814127
There is literally nothing wrong with stifling free speech or expression
>>
>>814127
Commies have no right f free speech, as it only applies to humans.
>>
>>814127
But how else can we stop commies from stifling free speech and expression?
>>
File: there-will-be-blood-opening.jpg (188 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
there-will-be-blood-opening.jpg
188 KB, 1280x720
>>812779
I don't know enough to truly to talk on the subject but it is my understanding that both Regan and Clinton laid the groundwork for the economic collapse of 2007. Regan allowed interstate banks and Clinton incentivesed giving loans to people who really couldn't afford them.
>>
>>814138
Yeah your understanding is quite a bit flawed when you can't even spell the name of the man.
>>
File: 1449364358898.jpg (44 KB, 493x495) Image search: [Google]
1449364358898.jpg
44 KB, 493x495
>>814161
What was the point of the Response if you wanted to correct my understanding then correct it.
>>
>>814176
Okay, it's Reagan* then, and he was God in human form.
>>
>>814132
>There is literally nothing wrong with stifling free speech or expression
Hey guys, I think I found the problem!
>>
>>812779
I mean he really was not much worse than any recent president. He did have some foreign policy success and the economy was good under him, but he failed to achieve perhaps his main domestic goal of shrinking government
>>
>>814134
By letting them express their ideas in public forums so they can be disproven and shut down due to its idiocy?
>>
>>814116
Hoover's presidency is more tragic and circumstantial than any other. I'd suggest Woodrow "Let's Get Involved in Global Imperial Conflict" Wilson over Herbert "Just Fuck My Shit Up" Hoover.
>>
Reagan ranks really well, even among libshit professors. Easily top 10.
>>
>>814127
There's a difference between free speech and being a fucking spy
>>
>>814581
There's a difference between proper counter espionage and accusing people you dont like of being a communist in order to create a chilling effect on freedom of speech.
>>
File: Julius_and_Ethel_Rosenberg_NYWTS.jpg (436 KB, 2139x1947) Image search: [Google]
Julius_and_Ethel_Rosenberg_NYWTS.jpg
436 KB, 2139x1947
>>814127
>The House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC) was an investigative committee of the United States House of Representatives. It was originally created in 1938 in order to uncover citizens with Nazi ties inside the United States
IT'S OK WHEN WE DO IT! WATCH OUT RIGHT WING SCUM!
>but it concentrated its efforts instead on investigating possible Communist Party infiltration
OY VEY! SHUT IT DOWN! WE COMMIES ARE GOOD BOY WHO DINDU NUFFINS!
>>
>>812779
The man was an incompetent who was lead around by his cabinet. He also would fallout asleep during meetings his hand in a jar of jelly beans.
>>
>>814291
>the economy was good under him

Because or despite of his actions?
>>
>>815480
The president only has a limited effect on the economy so that is hard to say. I think his policies were better than some of his predecessors, though not ideal
>>
>>812779
Disgrace to the country. He was a incompetent criminal and I'm happy his cunt wife is dead
>>
>>815136
I hate commies and Nazis equally but I still find it un-American (ha) to deny either group the right to express themselves and for there to be an exchange of ideas in kind.

T. Jew
>>
>>814108
Yes, Reagan was an outstanding president, but most of the achievements of his government - especially in the economic recovery - were initiated by Carter.

It is ridiculous to recognize the obvious.

As for the worst president, without the slightest doubt, hors concours, worthy of to be hanged in a public square, was Woodrow Wilson.
>>
>>812779
Reagan was bad but he wasn't as bad as Wilson.

>>814108
Most of the good things attributed to Reagan, especially the economic recovery that he hampered due to his cronies, were initiated by Carter.
>>
Muh machineguns.
Reagan was alright.
>>
Pierce was the absolute worst, bottom of the barrel horse shit
>>
>>814460
Yeah but Woodrow Wilson implemented a federal banking system that is still used today for monetary policy, so I'd cast my vote with Carter for the worst. Hoover was bad but I'd blame poor understanding of macro economic policy during that era rather than shifting the blame on his shoulders (and he did still try to implement New-Deal'ish reforms towards the end of his presidency).
>>
>>815734
>Woodrow Wilson implemented a federal banking system that is still used today for monetary policy

But that was bad
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.