[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Cleopatra VII Philopator so famous?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
Why is Cleopatra VII Philopator so famous?
>>
Because of the dramatic, and historically important events of the Roman civil war.

Also, bitches.
>>
>>808048

Because Shakespeare, you simp.
>>
>>808048
She was the only Egyptian that wasn't black
>>
Because white people memed her to death due to recency bias, and black people are brainwashed into Wewuz Admiring her, instead of Hatshepsut or Nefertiti.
>>
>>808088
But she was black

http://www.blackpresence.co.uk/cleopatras-mother-was-african/
>>
احنا
>>
File: lachende Mieze.png (207 KB, 339x280) Image search: [Google]
lachende Mieze.png
207 KB, 339x280
>>808108
>from a greek dynasty that practices as much incest as the habsburg and take over the practice of only marrying royally like earlier egyptian dynasties
>black

M-MUH MELANIN!
>>
Because of what everyone else says about her being embroiled so dramatically in the events surrounding the end of the Roman Republic. I say this with less certainty, but I'm guessing the fact that she was also the last ruler of an independent Egypt might also play a role? I don't actually know all that much about her life, but I was under the impression she was into all the trappings of native Egyptian culture and religion and promoting it, and was thus a bit less Hellenic than some of the other Ptolemies.
>>
>>808048
Because she was hot
>>
>>808048
Because she was last pharaoh of Egypt Pharaohdom. Converting the Egypt Pharaohdom to province of the Roman Empire was mistake.
>>
>>809713
Wife of king Louis II of Bohemia & Hungary also was hot, but talking about her rare.
>>
She had Caesar's kid
>>
>>809736
8/10
>>
According to a legend popular among her enemies, the Egyptian queen Cleopatra blew more than 100 Roman noblemen during a marathon orgy. The Greeks knew her as Meriochane (“she who gapes wide for 10,000 men”) or Cheilon (“thick-lipped”).
>>
>>810644
I love how Caesar was a bisexual love machine as well.

He is supposed to have lost his virignity to a greek king.
>>
>>810644
>Meriochane
Haha fuck that actually turned out to be true.
>>
She was a highly notorious and reviled figure during Roman days but Shakespeare probably helped a lot.
>>
>>810662
Those were rumors spread by his enemies, probably not true
>>
>>810844
but he was a bisexual lovemachine
>>
>>810859
I doubt it
>>
>>808048
The Empire forged by Mark Anthony has always interested me. Waht could have been, if Anthony had been left to rule the east, His sons the Kings of essentially everything east of Syria, and Cleopatra Selene Queen of Egypt. The family intrigue, the power struggles. It just sounds so interesting to me.

Mark Anthony seems to have always been framed in gold, soft and eventually failing, with Augustus in Marble.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.