[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is impressively rapid industrialization thanks to Stalin and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Muhtherland.jpg (406 KB, 1200x796) Image search: [Google]
Muhtherland.jpg
406 KB, 1200x796
Is impressively rapid industrialization thanks to Stalin and the Soviet system a meme?
>>
>>807893
No but Stalin being a paranoid murdering psychopath is
>>
>>807901
Actually this
>>
>>807901
he was a good boy who dindu nuffin

holomodor? nice propaganda bourgeois swine!

>>>/leftypol/
>>
>>807913
>MUH HOLODOMOR

>r-remember the seven million, proles!
>>
I keep seeing this argument that Russia was already industrializing before the bolshies took over.

What figures are used to support this?
>>
>>807913
>[the 32-32 famine] WAS GENOCIDE ONLY UKRAINIANS EVER SUFFERED WANTED TO KILL EVERYONE THAT'S WHY STALIN SENT EXTRA AID TO GO TO THE UKRAINE EVEN THOUGH ALMOST THE ENTIRE SOVIET UNION AND AREAS OUTSIDE THE SOVIET UNION WERE AFFECT BY DROUG- I MEAN TOTALLY 100% MAN MADE CAUSES MUH NEVER EXPERIENCED FAMINE BEFORE PLEASE IGNORE PREVIOUS FAMINES THAT OCCURRED BEFORE
>>
>>807942
It was at a very high rate, although slower than under Stalin iirc. It was actually a useful tool for Lenin; the factories were huge, allowing the Bolsheviks to spread info via word of mouth easier. It was mostly French money spent on industrialization, and likely would've dried up after WWI
>>
Cmon faggots. Obviously Stalin lead his country to power. That's only because he was a mass murdering, peasant starving psychopath though

Being a super power doesn't make you a good guy. Just look at the United States you fucking retarded trolls
>>
>>807942
I have no figures but why Germans were afraid of Russia back before ww1 was because it was industrialiszing fast. The war mostly put a stop to industrialistaion to my understanding. Of course soviets wanted to claim all the advancements was all thanks to them because you know, propaganda.
>>
>>807953
>The war mostly put a stop to industrialistaion
how could this possibly make any sense
>>
>>807918
>>807943
*tips ushanka
m'comrades
>>
>>807963
Well obviously they were more focusing on war related industrialisation. I meant in a more general sense.
>>
No, he forced industrialization, this much is true.
He took land from farmers and built industry on it, forced people to stop growing crops and learn to weld (not literally at gunpoint but after losing their land they could either learn to do a new job or starve), and people even died in fairly large numbers because of the forced industrialization and the resulting drought. Plus all the people that got bumped off for opposing the rapid industrialization and land seizure.

>>807901
I'd tell you who all said hi, but they're nonpersons now.
>>
It is thanks to Stalin but not thanks to soviet system. Any other dictatorship would do the same with same results.
>>
>>807951
>That's only because he was a mass murdering, peasant starving psychopath though
Obviously! That is also why North Korea is a superpower!
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.