[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Romanians really Romans n shiet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: romanian flag.jpg (18 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
romanian flag.jpg
18 KB, 1600x1200
Are Romanians really Romans n shiet?
>>
No , and stop this meme immidiatly.
>>
Romanized Thracians if I recall right.
>>
File: 1457407992574.png (72 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
1457407992574.png
72 KB, 249x249
>>805380
just a meme no worries
>>
File: Map-balkans-vlachs.png (22 KB, 440x337) Image search: [Google]
Map-balkans-vlachs.png
22 KB, 440x337
>>805380
Thracians throughout the Balkans and north of it:
>You are now roman citizens;
>Cool, we will call ourselves romans;
Literally it.
>>
>>805380
Not really. Only the western part of the country was invaded by romans , The rest of 66% was always free , and kept raiding the new frontier and Moesia.

The getae mixed with the incoming slavs and became vlachs.
>>
No, they are gypsified slavs.
>>
No just romanized northern thracians, also called dacians with bits of slavs sprinkled in. The whole we wuz romans meme was started because our language is more romance than dacian I believe. Most educated people don't believe in the we wuz Romans theory anymore.
T. Romanian
>>
Thay speak a Romance language like the rest of the so called Latin Countries, they're "romans" in the same sense than Spaniards, Italians, Portuguese, French etc.
>mfw retards in this board think linguistic groups are races.
>>
>>806107
Well to be fair a number of Romanians claim "muh roman ancestry" which is dumb
>>
>>805380
As a Romanian I can assure you that our genetic basin is as follows:

In some regions - espeically around montains but very tight togheter, fusion regions - there is some considerable amount of dacian blood - I would say they kept perpetuating their bloodline for 2000 years.

But the rest of the country is basically the mixture of: Dacian women ( all Dacian men were killed ), roman soldiers but mostly criminals and immigrants from Roman empire, usually criminals that had the opportunity of a new life in a Roman province where their past didn't matter.

But all this shit is irrelevant, Romanians are not united, Romanians are not very smart - I don't know I'm talking about the current status of my fellow Romanians - who the fuck cares what my ancestors did 1000 or 2000 or 500 years ago? I care that today we're no. 1 country on abortion in Europe, degeneracy, African tier corruption rates... all types of diseases.

Slowly the only good thing left from our past ( orthodoxy ) is getting degraded.
>>
>>806297
Nu ştiu care e problema ta cu avorturile dar Îți dau dreptate la o chestie. Români sunt proşti. Noi nu știm să trăim în democrație, iar cu fiecare an parcă sistemul școlar devine din ce în ce mai rău. Aceasta este din cauza că politicienii nu vor să conducă oameni care pot gândi, ei vor oi uşor de condus. Și ortodoxismul în România mai mult e schema de scos bani din enoriaşi decât o modalitate de a ajunge mai aproape de dumnezeu, mai ales când patriarhul nostru arată de parcă poartă jumătate din GDPul țări pe el.
>>
>>805380
Genetically? No, but who the fuck is related to any of their ancestors of 1-2 millenia ago?
Linguistically? Well, besides Italian, Romanian is the most closely related to Latin of all the 5 major Romanche languages. So yes, we are as Romans n shiet as you can expect after 2000 years.
>>
>>>/int/
>>
If they are Dacian are the Bulgarians slavicized Thracians?
>>
File: shellshock4.jpg (16 KB, 236x319) Image search: [Google]
shellshock4.jpg
16 KB, 236x319
>>808781
The fuck? Are you a cretin?
>>
>>808783
Debatable. They are Slavs, that's for sure, but genetically, God knows who's who in the Balkans
>thracians
>romanized
>greeks
>slavs
>turkic bulgarians
>IRL Turks
>add a dash of Romanian, Serb and whatever the fuck else

The language is all that matters in cases such as this. How related are the modern day Spaniards to the Latinized Iberians or Visigoths of 1,500 years ago? Who knows.
>>
>>808789
The balkans are a genetic clusterfuck, but there are many traditions and customs in bulgaria and macedonia that are thracian in origin
>>
>Trick a bunch of yokels into becoming citizens just to get them to pay taxes for a bath house
>They're so happy about it they name themselves after you
>>
>>806297
>we're no. 1 country on abortion in Europe
You mean EU? Then yes, but Russia and Ukraine have more abortions.
Nothing wrong with abortions though.

>degeneracy
Broad term that kind of has no meaning, how is Romania degenerate? Homosexuals? Poverty?

>African tier corruption rates
Corruption looks like an issue, but I don't know if it's Africa tier.

>all types of diseases
Like?
>>
no dickhead read a book, or at google that shit.
>>
File: 1435191528535.jpg (124 KB, 409x540) Image search: [Google]
1435191528535.jpg
124 KB, 409x540
>>806297
It seems like proudly Orthodox countries could use more degeneracy tbph.
>>
>>805380
I know I'm committing a grave faux pas by mentioning this, but a lot of people confuse Romania with Romani (Gypsies). Why are Romani (Gypsies) so called? And am I right in thinking they have nothing to do with Romania?

I think "Gypsy" has something to do with Egypt, and apparently (according to that obnoxious cunt on MTV) it's a racial slur.
>implying gypsies shouldn't be "slurred" against
>>
>>808911
AFAIK, they call themselves "rom" or "lom", no relation to Rome, Romanians or anything else. Besides Englel, everyone in yourop calls them cygan, gitano, tzigan, or a variation of the word. I have no idea what the origin of this is.
>>
>>808911
Gypsies are a tribe of indians that got kicked out of India and then migrated into Europe because of the Ottomans. They are called romma because they want to leech off of romania in any way. Linguistically and culturally and racially different from romanians, they live in camps where they perpetuate their shitty culture, and they have their own king which they call a bulibasa. Nobody likes them and they kidnap/produce children just for allowance while getting benefits from the state ocasionally, and from international religious organizations sometimes (american mormons and protestants I think). They are quite literally niggers, and most of them are either protestant or their own religion, a combo of beliefs they got from all the places they've been to. You shouldn't trust most writings about their culture, as they lie about anything for profit.
>>
>>808925
>>808911
Yeah it's based off of the word egyptian, the general belief was that they came from Egypt when they were first noticed in Europe.
>>
>>807938
>GDPul
PIB, mai furculision.
>>
>>808783
Bulgarians are Turks.
>>
>>805380
>>806015
Romanian =/= Romans

Romanian =/= Romani

>>808911
>>808925
>>808951
The Rom originate from the Dom people of northern India, passing through the middle east, and into Europe in the 1400's via the silk road. "Gypsie", "Gypo", "Gyptian" are all from the fact that the common folk assumed they were Egyptian.
>>
>>808911
They're Indian nomads that left India.

The term gypsy comes from people mistakenly believing they hailed from Egypt.
>>
File: Indo-European_branches_map.jpg (83 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Indo-European_branches_map.jpg
83 KB, 400x400
>>805380
Nope they are gypsies from India
>>
>>808785
theology/philosophy fags think they have taken over this board and that /his/torical discussions should go back to /int/. Ignore them.
>>
File: 1447940261334.png (845 KB, 1598x960) Image search: [Google]
1447940261334.png
845 KB, 1598x960
>>805380
ethnically no
romanians are descended from different northern-danubian tribes such as the dacs/getae , the carpii , the roxolans etc. and mixed with slavs later
from a cultural point of view ,for most of their history , romanians are closest to the balkan culture / ottoman vassalage and to some extent to western slavs (poles)
from a linguistic point of view , well... they are a snowflake : it's really interesting how in only 200 years or so of "roman occupation" vulgar latin stuck for a thousand years. Romanian is the extant language most closely resembling latin from a grammatical and linguistic thinking point of view
the meme with >WE WUZ ROMANS was stared in the renaissance period by Transylvanian scholars to counter Austro-Hungarian cultural influence ; funny how romanians in transylvania (those who were to be last claimed be the romanian national state) were the most eager to believe they were romans and all the ethnic purity n shiet

>tl:dr no
t.romanian
>>
>>813381
>language map , makes you even more ignorant
nice fotosheob skill m9
>>
>>807938
>Noi nu știm să trăim în democrație, iar cu fiecare an parcă sistemul școlar devine din ce în ce mai rău. Aceasta este din cauza că politicienii nu vor să conducă oameni care pot gândi, ei vor oi uşor de condus
Mama , ba! Tu esti ala cu megafonu' din fata guvernului ?
>>
>>813458
>t. secui
FTFY
>>
>>808902
Degeneracy - higher rape rates that all orthodox countries ( maybe except Russia ), higher crime rates than all orthodox countries ( maybe except Russia )

I have to admit that our rape rates are lower than USA, France and other European "civilized" countries.

But overall compared to other orthodox nations we're fucking degenerated, like the retarded sick brother they should excommunicate.
>>
>>813564
i dont get it
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.