[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does a disgruntled breakup of a former alliance generally lead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: image.gif (375 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
375 KB, 300x168
Does a disgruntled breakup of a former alliance generally lead to war based on historical evidence?

What if those results were extrapolated and applied to the breakup of the Eurozone if it were to happen?
>>
>>804183
>>>/x/
>>
>>804188
How the fuck has this got anything to do with aliens
>>
>>804210
The humanities deal with what has happened, not your masturbatory fantasies based on undemonstrated claims. >>>/x/
>>
>>804219
>The humanities deal with what has happened
History deals with narratives about what happened you mean?
>>
>>804219
He can speculate here faggot autist. Anyone here who pisses you off is welcome imo.
>>
>>804219
Answering his question requires looking at historical evidence and applying it to the current situation. That's half the point of studying history. To learn from it. It is a relevant and interesting question. Calm down.
>>
>>804188
>Wants to ask about the phenomena of alliances going to shit potentially leading to war
>>/x/
>Discuss whose God/Dogma is better than whom
>>/his/
Cancer.
>>
your whole starting point is false
alliances dont get disgruntled, politics are not friendships (or emotional)

countries have interests

the eurozone is german interest, however it is beneficial for the member countries too
should that change, we will see how it goes, we dont know for sure

historical evidence also suggests interests over emotions
just think about the USSR Germany alliance, or USSR and the Allies banded togather
>>
>>804286
Depends on how you read "essentially" in Ranke
>>
>>804315
>and applying it to the current situation.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>804330
So much this.
>>
>>804315
>applying it to the current situation
History isn't about 'applying' things to the current situation, once you start doing that you've moved beyond the boundaries of history into the realm of politics. >>804432
>>
>>804330
Do you actually think that /x/ is an appropriate place to discuss religion?
>>
>>804780
No, but I'm of the opinion that History is a Social Scrience and the big, incoherent, emotional mess that is Humanities goes on a separate board.
>>
>>804776
>>804432
So we can't draw conclusions about what occurred in the past? Should we just list facts and dates in a mindless circlejerk?

Or maybe we should just stick to the christianity vs islam dick measuring contests we're so fond of. Yeah of all the threads to get buttflustered over, this is the one.
>>
>>804330
Sums up the stupidity ITT pretty well.
>>
>>804829
>So we can't draw conclusions about what occurred in the past?
Yeah, we can draw conclusions, there's no reason to immediately say "WE HAVE TO APPLY THIS NEW THEORY ABOUT WHAT CAUSED THE FALL OF BYZANTIUM TO THE PRESENT STATE OF AFFAIRS IN TURKEY," though. Like, why? I actually don't understand this logic and I never have.
You ought to study historiography a bit.
>>804790
Don't do history an injustice by calling it a social science, it's the only humanity worth salvaging.
>>
>>804856
History demands evidence, which makes it not part of humanities.

But at the same time said evidence is highly fucking interpretative, making it not a science.

So it straddles the two realms without being the same.
>>
>>804790

>Social Science
>big, incoherent, emotional mess

Pick at most and at least two.
>>
>>804864
>History demands evidence, which makes it not part of humanities.
I don't think you understand what separates the humanities from the hard sciences. It isn't that one doesn't ever require evidence. Hard science isn't distinguished by a lack of interpreters of data.
>>
>>804890
>i dont understand society or humans at all because of my autism but i like numbers
>>
>>804898
>I think people who like to have data that supports their claims are all autistic by definition
>Sociology studies society and isn't a prescriptive political platform disguised as an academic discipline
>>
>>804898

>I feel inferior due to my choice of university subject and can only maintain any shred of self respect by asserting that everybody that looks down on me is autistic
>>
>>804895
>Social Science
>Hard Science.
>>
>>804912
I don't think I'm implying that. I'm criticizing that poster's conception of hard science as not being influenced by interpretation. Bohr and Heisenberg disagreed about the nature of the uncertainty principle and in doing so produced two different interpretations of the principle, but that doesn't mean they weren't scientists.
>>
>>804904
>projecting

i love when autist expose themselfs, its like pottery
monkeys trying to communicate but only ugabooga comes out

>>804903
you almost wrote a coherent sentence daniel, be brave and try again
>>
>>804957
>daniel
Who the fuck do you think you're talking to?
>autist
Is that really the only thing you've got?
is this coherent enough for you? You're a fucking idiot if you think sociology is a serious academic discipline on par with the hard sciences.
>>
>>804970
>waa waaa waa
>im mad and have no actual knowledge
>notice me pls im good at math

the underaged rage, more more more
>>
>>804977
I'm actually terrible at math.
>>
>>804183
I would say no. Alexanders empire split into 4 parts, and while they were often at war, not so much with each other (they had more pressing issues).

When Rome split into east and west they largely continued to co-operate (west afraid of barbarians, east the Seculids).

Basically long story short if the Eurozone breaks down, the likelihood of those countries going to war against each other will depend more on if there is anything to be gained by doing so (like most wars).
>>
>>804979
well i can understand the anger then, get well sooner
>>
>>805002

not him but epic trolling dude ;) i love seeing fellow 9gaggers here
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.