[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the population of Rome and the surrounding Latin cities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: samnite.png (148 KB, 754x898) Image search: [Google]
samnite.png
148 KB, 754x898
What was the population of Rome and the surrounding Latin cities on average between 350BC and 290BC? Like basically in between the Samnite Wars.
>>
File: Samnite_soldiers.jpg (390 KB, 1200x846) Image search: [Google]
Samnite_soldiers.jpg
390 KB, 1200x846
>>801882
Bump
>>
>>801882
Nobody
>>
Ask the Germanii after 476
>>
Less than 5, more than 10
>>
>>801882
Somewhere between 10-20k. The whole "Italy" had no more than 40-50k at that time
>>
>>805048
>the whole italy had no more than 40-50k

You do know that some Etruscan cities had 40k inhabitants, right?

Just how retarded can you possibly be.
>>
File: 5437156_orig.jpg (51 KB, 925x377) Image search: [Google]
5437156_orig.jpg
51 KB, 925x377
>>
>>805104
You do know that "Italy" is etruscans right
>>
>>805139
The fuck are you even talking about you retard?

If by Italy you mean the Italian Peninsula alone there were Etruscans (even if in decline) with several cities, Umbri, Piceni, Samnites, Latins, Greeks in the south and Celts.

Just look at the map retard.
>>
>>805120
Blatantly false, in 800 bc Rome probably didn't even reach 1k it wasn't even an actual city.
>>
>>801882
What the hell WERE the Etruscans if they weren't related to any of their neighbors?
>>
>>801882
Nigger, how the fuck do you expect us to know that?
>>
File: Etruscan_civilization_map.png (361 KB, 994x1208) Image search: [Google]
Etruscan_civilization_map.png
361 KB, 994x1208
>>805145
The area where the Etruscans were is considered Italy you moron, while the south states would fall under greeks, the middle consisted of minor citiy states, which Rome ate later on. There was no Italy back then!!!
>>
>>805222
WE
>>
>>805222
Aren't they related to Noricans? If we go by the current political map they would be slavs ;)
>>
>>805262
God can people without an above 80 IQ just stop posting alredy?

First of all we don't even know what the Etruscans called their land and the first time the term Italy was used it referred to if not all, most of the peninsula.
>>
>>805269
Noricans were Celtic, and lived in an area today that would be Germanic, not Slavic.

In either case, weren't the Etruscans not even Indo-European?
>>
>>805269
No, Noricans were indo european
>>
>>805273
I think the Greeks called Italy modern Calabria
>>
>>805275
>In either case, weren't the Etruscans not even Indo-European?
No one even knows. There are competing theories that they weren't IE, others that they were. Theories that they were originally from the Near East, others that they were homegrown.

We need more Etruscologists, stat.
>>
>>805273
read a book
>>
>>805298
You read a book
>>805283
Yes, so surely not to Etruria
>>
>>805301
I did, it was part of my education in primary school, middle/high school and now in uni.
>>
>>805304
It doesn't seems so if you believe Italy ever referred only to the lands occupied by Etruscans
>>
>>805307
Where did I say that?
>>
>>805390
scroll the thread you retard
>>
>>805275
I think that from the latest research it was discovered that ethnically they were "Neolithic" i.e the link with anatolia was very old and related to the Neolithic expansion.
It is true though that culturally at least there seem to have been an input from the east mediterranean, which could also justify perhaps why modern Tuscans are slightly more anatolian shifted compared to the Etruscan remains.
>>
>>805419
I never said Etruscans=Italy moron. I used "." It's not my fault you don't understand what quotation marks mean
>>
>>805458
You are litterally retarded?

How can I argue with a brain dead autist like you?

Let me clarify this for your retarded convoluted brain:

1)You wanted to use "Italy" to connotate the ancient region known as Italy?
In that case what you said is retarded because that'd be Calabria, the southern tip of the island, certainly not the area of Italy occupied by Etruscans at that time.
2)You used connotating some retarded concept in your mind that no one who isn't you and doesn't think with your autistic brain would get, in this case you are extremely autistic and can't even comminucate with people over the internet, but please, explain me what the hell you had in mind while you wrote "Italy"
>>
>>805478
*You used Italy to connotate
>>
>>805478
>2)You used connotating some retarded concept in your mind
I meant:
*You used "Italy" to connotate

>explain me
I meant explain to me.

It's really tiring trying to comminucate in English with an actual autistic retard while you're Italian and can easily lose your neve to stupidity like yours.
>>
>>803532
>476
meme date
>>
>>805120
>>801882
Playing the numbers game in Antiquity is futile most of the time. German Historiography did that in the 19th century and we laugh at their result nowadays but most importantly the numbers don't matter.
>>
File: pablo.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pablo.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>805145
>!!!
>>
>>805748
way less of a meme date than 1453 to be honest with you family
>>
>>805764
This familia
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.