[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Real Crusades History
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8
File: remove.png (694 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
remove.png
694 KB, 500x600
What does /his/ think about this guy? I tried to watch a couple of his videos, but I his voice annoyed me too much.
>>
>>801084
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h9w65wzsp0

he talk. like. this.
>>
i think short videos is good for summary but bad for learning specifically for the lack of details
>>
File: 1427227576565.jpg (104 KB, 661x509) Image search: [Google]
1427227576565.jpg
104 KB, 661x509
I don't know why you guys idolize the Crusades.

It was 1 successful campaign, then 200 years of getting a humiliating ass-kicking.

No amount of DEUS VULT memes will ever change that.
>>
>>801084
Lost its way when he started pandering and letting loose his own political and moral opinion, going from real Crusades history to REAL Crusades history
>>
>>801137
>It was 1 successful campaign, then 200 years of getting a humiliating ass-kicking

You mean 2 successful campaigns, the 4th crusade was very successful.
>>
>>802502
>don't even bother with original objective
>successful
>>
>>801137
1 successful campaign, and 200 years of holding onto possessions. There was never the same incentive or zeal in Europe that made them unite at the same level as they had during the First Crusade.
>>
File: 1436811482562.jpg (49 KB, 420x480) Image search: [Google]
1436811482562.jpg
49 KB, 420x480
>>802666
I didnt say it was a success for the crusaders, but at least they got a couple of empires out of it.
>>
>>801084
History of the Crusades podcast is the best imo.

Voiced some cute kiwi girl, but she knows her stuff for sure. Kept me interested throughout, anyways.
>>
>>801137
1 successful campaign that saved eastern europe and the mediterranean
>>
File: ottoman-empire-07.jpg (59 KB, 700x410) Image search: [Google]
ottoman-empire-07.jpg
59 KB, 700x410
>>803377
>campaign that saved eastern europe
no
>>
>>803377
You forgot the other successful campaign that ruined Eastern Europe.
>>
File: 1448901036317.jpg (97 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1448901036317.jpg
97 KB, 500x600
>>801084
Literal garbage.
>actually has a paypal
LOL what
>>
>>801137
You mean 4 successful campaigns and endless muslim butthurt.
>1st: gets Jerusalem and levant. hold it for 200 years in spite of absurd odds
>3rd: humiliate saladin, get pilgrimage rights
>4th: fuck the byzantiniggers
>Northern: converted the fuck outta everyone
Worked pretty well desu
>>
File: C1still.gif (115 KB, 800x437) Image search: [Google]
C1still.gif
115 KB, 800x437
>>801084
Did crusaders wear their armor the whole time during the march from France to Jerusalem?

Especially in Anatolia and the Levant when there was a possibility of surprise Turkish attacks.

For the peasants who left their home to go on crusade were they basically free (since their lord may not have have gone) or did they now have to take orders from whatever noble or knight was around them. Was it a chance for a peasant to climb up the social hierarchy?
>>
>>802824
yeah, including the ottoman empire
>>
>>803833
>Did crusaders wear their armor the whole time during the march from France to Jerusalem?
Probably not. Knights and higher ranked soldiers would have squires and such to take care of such things. Lower ranking soldiers may well have. Only having maybe one or two changes of underclothes to last from one bathing spot to the next.
>For the peasants who left their home to go on crusade were they basically free
Kinda, but only until they joined with a larger force. Unless you mean like the Peasant's Crusade, which was a clusterfuck.
>Was it a chance for a peasant to climb up the social hierarchy?
Yes, but you didn't go from poleturner to Baron. It was similar to now, where exemplary deeds might raise you in the esteem of your Lord/Liege, where you had a very tiny chance of being knighted (the Font d'Honour was any noble, and even some knights at that time) or being made equerry or some higher rank.
>>
>>801137
Exactly. If you want to talk about Muslims getting the shit knocked out of themselves, talk about the Mongol conquest. Now THAT was a successful campaign.
>>
File: KfucOsR.png (783 KB, 802x523) Image search: [Google]
KfucOsR.png
783 KB, 802x523
>"liberate" Byzantine lands by establishing Papal satellites
>on the 4th try, slaughter the center of Christianity because your usurper died
>continue going FULL ANTIOCHUS for 75 more years
>>
>>806455
until they converted to Islam themselves, that is
>>
File: fourth crusade.png (292 KB, 495x323) Image search: [Google]
fourth crusade.png
292 KB, 495x323
>>
>>801137
Have you ever actually taken the time to educate yourself about them, or are you just another meme spouting retard who doesn't know what he's talking about? The 1st, 3rd, 6th, and northern/Wendish crusades were major victories. Things only really turned out badly for the crusaders in the holy land because eventually nobody gave a shit about them anymore and the holy orders were forced to fend for themselves along with the severely weakened crusader kingdoms
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.