[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can you tell if you're a reprobate? (in the Christian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: jesus (1).jpg (70 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
jesus (1).jpg
70 KB, 960x720
How can you tell if you're a reprobate? (in the Christian sense)

When is it too late to be saved? Is it ever?
>>
>>798117
Now I want some fish.
>>
>>798127
Fish cooked over an open fire is pretty delicious
>>
>>798131
I know, why do you think I want one?
>>
>>798117
According to Calvinists, if you're a reprobate you will never be save even if you are mother Theresa and Ghandi combined. On the other hand, if you're an elect, you will go to heaven even if you're a rapist and a murderer. How to know whether you're an elect or a reprobate, you ask? You're an elect if you're a Calvinist, and reprobate if not.
>>
So, do you accept John Calvin as your lord and savior?
>>
>>798200
That response doesn't make any sense, no offense

Being reprobate has nothing to do with being Calvinist, it has to do with being saved by Jesus and whether you're past the point of no return

Calvinists put the biggest emphasis on the idea of reprobates, but some other Christians also believe in the idea that you can go so far astray from God that that he stops reaching out to you because you've made yourself an enemy of his

I believe that this can happen, but Jesus is also capable of saving anybody and I think a lot of people are too quick to judge people even if they've done some terrible things. It's always possible to turn to Jesus...until it's not I guess
>>
>>798241
That's not what the great John Calvin teaches.

Reprobate detected.
>>
>>798249
Why should I care what John Calvin has to say?

How does your statement even make sense? That's right it doesn't
>>
>>798117

It's never too late.
>>
>>798117
>When is it too late to be saved?
When you are dead
>Is it ever?
It's never too late if you are truly repentant. If you are already thinking of repenting on your death bed (now that you are not in it) you are not really repentant and it won't work. Just warning you about that.
>>
>>798338

Surely there must be some unforgivable sin.

Like calling the Casper the Ghost, oops sorry, I mean the Holy Spirit a dirty little cocksucker.
>>
>>798385
>surely there must be some unforgivable sin.
All sins are unforgivable if you do not ask for forgiveness. God cannot forgive if you do not ask.
>>
>>798385
Not him, but I think even if you were to say something along those lines you can still be forgiven. A lot of people are mislead and just say things to be edgy but don't really realize what they're saying

I think blasphemy of the Holy Spirit would be more if you actually knew the Holy Spirit personally and hated him. That shows you can't be saved because you hate the gift of peace and bliss and truth
>>
>>798397
>>798385
But once you come to love and accept it you can be forgiven
>>
>>798326
Burn in hell heretic.
>>
>>798406
Bro your bait is weak af

At least know what you're talking about before you talk shit
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.