[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Roman Feels thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: RomanFeels.png (53 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
RomanFeels.png
53 KB, 800x585
>mfw when rome conquers gaulic dipshits
>>
>>795265
>you'll never know what it feels like to be celebrated for committing genocide
>>
File: rage face.jpg (11 KB, 212x238) Image search: [Google]
rage face.jpg
11 KB, 212x238
>>795265

>THATFEELVHENIGNORANTBARBARIANSVSEDEGENERATETHINGSLIKELOVERCASELETTERSANDPVNCTVATIONANDSPACING.
>>
Ayo where da roman wimmin at
>>
>>795492
It wasn't genocide though. Much of Gallia was sweettalked into joining the republic.

Niggas forget that Vercingetorix led a REBELLION.
>>
>>795265
>my face when when
>>
>When you come home after a long day at the bathhouse just to open to gates for your Gothic Homies and go have some fun at the city
>>
>>795519
>Much of Gallia was sweettalked into joining the republic.
And it only cost them about a third of their entire population, including virtually the entire population of men of fighting age
>>
>ywn be posted in the levant
>ywn meet some nice Judaean girl
>ywn marry her and eventually talk her out of her silly, close-minded, "only one god" nonsense
>ywn feel a rush of satisfaction when she finally gives in and worships before the image of the Emperor with you
>>
Daily reminder republic > empire
>>
>>795563
If Titus couldn't pull it off, what makes you think you could?
>>
File: T1ELcLb.jpg (231 KB, 1052x833) Image search: [Google]
T1ELcLb.jpg
231 KB, 1052x833
Hold me, /his/
>>
Parthia here, how does it feel to be incompetent at warfare?
>>
>>795563
>having an interest in marrying non-Romans
Get out faggot
>>
>>795659
Justian's reconquests doomed his empire
>>
>>795677
*Justinian's
>>
>>795673
>not wanting to sample the exotic beauties of Germania and the Mediterranean east
>not wanting to conquer foreign peoples in every way possible
>>
>>795693
No, because I'm not a subhuman fucking barbarian
Get out of the empire you knuckle dragging ape
>>
When was the last time there was still hope?
>>
>>795700
Right before the Fourth Crusade the Greeks had a chance to pay their debnts and refused
What happened next sealed their fate
>>
File: Byzantium1173.jpg (27 KB, 500x231) Image search: [Google]
Byzantium1173.jpg
27 KB, 500x231
>>795700
>>
>>795699
>he doesn't want to take a lovely Germanic bride after slaughtering her tribe and personally beheading her former husband
>he doesn't want to bring her back to Rome and watch all of the Roman women fawn over her blonde hair and blue eyes
>he doesn't want to retire to a quiet Tuscan villa and have lots of adorable half-Italian half-Germanic children

Your loss, anon.
>>
>>795712
The Greeks had been in a steady decline when the first Crusade came around.
>>
>>795765
He asked when was the last time of their being any hope, not when did it start to fade away
>>
>>795754
>Germanic
>Adorable
Fucking pleb
>>
>>795789
You're in the wrong century, Cato.

This is the fourteenth year in the reign of Tiberius. Forget your "muh roman traditions" shit and get with the times.
>>
>>795508

I don't get it.
>>
>you will never convince Belisarius to secede from faggot Justinian's rule and declare himself imperator of a new, stronger WRE

kill me now
>>
Were there Scythian auxilia?
>>
>>796063
>You will never go back in time Bill-and-Ted style to reveal to Belisarius that his wife is a scheming bitch, and theodora is gonna fuck you over with Justinian

Why bother to live
>>795837
Roman writing never used spaces, and there was no capitalization beyond the standard script.

Essentially, we percieve the Aeneid as being
>Arma virumque cano

but it was written as
>ARMAVIRUMQUECANO
>>
>>796063
Belisarius was a cuck, great at battlefield manuevering but far too weak willed to make a run for the office of Emperor

>>796269
Don't forget writing your autobiography in the third person.
http://www.forumromanum.org/literature/caesar/gallic_e1.html
>>
>>796063
>Belisarius secedes
>Now has a kingdom made up of an Italian peninsula that had 90% of it's population killed
Yeah that'd last long
>>
did rome conquer spain
>>
>>796066
A shit load according to things like the Notitia Dignitatum. Some were even posted on Hadrian's Wall at modern day Ribchester after Marcus Aurelius fucked up the Iazyges and settled a bunch of them as auxilia in Britain to keep them out of trouble.

In the 5th century a bunch of Alans were settled in Gaul and were important in the battle of the Catalaunian Plains against Attila the Hun.
>>
Does Sultanate of Rum count?
>>
>>795265
>you will never remove hun in the catalaunic fields
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.