[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: poland.jpg (27 KB, 336x335) Image search: [Google]
poland.jpg
27 KB, 336x335
Why?
>>
>>79431
Not near a major trading coastline.

The rats traveled faster by boat.
>>
Jews lived there and jews actually washed themselves and didn't throw their shit in the street.
>>
jews tbqh

no seriously poles and jews tend to be more tightly knit communities
>>
>>79431
Apparently the king was a sensible man and closed the borders. But also this too >>79442
>>
Multiple reasons.

Poles and Jews were one of the most hygenic people at the time. Washing multiple times a week. They brought sanitary habits to France and the rest of Europe.

One of the few countries to keep grain in a seperate storage room from the living quarters.

King ordered to close the borders.

While the cats were thought to be evil and were killed all over Europe, Poland (and Milan) did not partake in the killing of cats. These cats flourished and killed the plagued rats instead prevention an epidemic.

A combination of these.
>>
>>79523
>the most hygenic people at the time
>cats were thought to be evil and were killed all over Europe

Proofs.
>>
>>79644

About cats

>http://www.libraryindex.com/pages/2149/History-Human-Animal-Interaction-MEDIEVAL-PERIOD.html

Also found this: '

"The absence of plague in Bohemia and Poland is commonly explained by the rats' avoidance of these areas due to the unavailability of food the rodents found palatable."

- Cantor, Norman F. In the Wake of the Plague: The Black Death and the World It Made. Simon and Schuster, 2001.

About, hygiene. Couldn't find a source sorry. Take that with a grain of salt. Reasoning was they disinfected a lot with the use of Vodka.
>>
>>79905
>disinfecting with alcohols
whoa what? in the medieval period?
>>
Even the plague doesn't want to go to Poland.
>>
>>79905
The short reign of Henry at Wawel Castle in Poland was marked by a clash of cultures between the Polish and the French. The young king and his followers were astonished by several Polish practices and disappointed by the rural poverty and harsh climate of the country.[16] The Polish, on the other hand, wondered if all Frenchmen were as concerned with their appearance as their new king appeared to be.[16]

In many aspects, Polish culture had a positive influence on France. At Wawel, the French were introduced to new technologies of septic facilities, in which litter (excrement) was taken outside the castle walls.[19] On returning to France, Henry ordered the construction of such facilities at the Louvre and other palaces.[19] Other inventions introduced to the French by the Polish included a bath with regulated hot and cold water, as well as forks. Henri III (1551–1589) [...] he is widely credited for having introduced the fork into France.[20]
Not the best source but it's something.
>>
>>79442
There were three capitals, and all one river that runs right in the middle of the country. Poland was saved my the Virgin Mary, you heathen spaz.
>>
>>79928
Hans, bitte. Don't you need to be building kek sheds for migrants?
>>
>>79926
Yes. People ignored a lot of things back then but that doesn't mean they were brain dead.
>>
>>79431
I more surprised by Milan, what did they do?
>>
>>81363
well i mean i thought germ theory was a recent thing so how did they know to disinfect stuff
>>
File: 1445961497082.jpg (92 KB, 613x1024) Image search: [Google]
1445961497082.jpg
92 KB, 613x1024
>>79456
Bahahaha Boles being tight with Żydami. Who /pogrom/ here?
>>
>>81434
They knew it worked, they just didn't know why it worked.
>>
>>79523
Slavs in general were pretty hygenic, I heard that if the Russian states were not under the Mongol Yoke, they would have fared much like Poland.
>>
Seeing as the Plague was a scourge from God for sinful ways, it's pretty clear where Poland stood in His eyes.
>>
B-but the Ewige Jude said that jews are dirty rats who rather prefer to live in misery that spend a penny in luxury
>>
>>81470
Cute girl.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.