[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did the christians, muslims and jews ever lived together in peace ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: christians-jews-muslims.jpg (46 KB, 615x620) Image search: [Google]
christians-jews-muslims.jpg
46 KB, 615x620
I mean, real peace, not some sort of treaty or whatever you call it.
>>
>>794301
The first few centuries after the Islamic conquest weren't too awful.
>>
>>794301

Depends if you call dhimmitude "peace". But no, not really: Even tho Muslims are supposedly forbidden from harming Jews and Christians, so long as those Jews and Christians are properly submissive to Muslim rule, there were still periodic massacres of non-Muslims throughout the Islamic dominions.
>>
In Muslim Spain, mandatory conversion of Christian and Jewish minorities were outlawed and persecution was unheard of.

Compare that to what Christians were doing towards their religious minorities at the time.
>>
>>794305
fuck off achmed
>>
>>794307

This. Depends if you class "peaceful but everyone who is not a muslim is a second class citizens" as peace.
>>
>>794350
Nice meme Muhammed
>>
>>794350
Muslim Spain was simply a imagination. Major population was still Christian, the "outlawing" was only because it would still the population.
>>
>>794301
Jerusalem and the Levant were peaceful while they were ruled by the Ottomans.
>>
File: Birthday-of-Zoroaster[1].jpg (63 KB, 437x600) Image search: [Google]
Birthday-of-Zoroaster[1].jpg
63 KB, 437x600
>>794301
Before all those Zoroastrian fan fics were written and everyone just prayed to fire.
>>
>>794301
Yes. For example, everywhere in the western world in the present day.
>>
>>794637
Nope. Terror attacks from muslim discard this.

It would have been right until a couple of decades though. And that answers OP question.
>>
>>794649
You're talking about an attack in Paris and one in California? Those are pretty anomalous.
>>
>>794491
>Muslim Spain was simply a imagination.
This is what Christians tell themselves. In reality, only Christians forced other religions to convert to their religion. Hence Moriscos and Marranos. Why are Christians so content with lying?
>>
>>794557
>Zoroastrianism
>not an Atenism fanfic
>>
>>794301

>Did [group] that is distinct from [other group] ever live in peace?

No. In every point in history where you see diversity, you see sectarian conflicts, civil strife, and the odd genocide.

Peace means homogeneity; good fences make good neighbors.
>>
>>794301
Throughout the Islamic world, for thirteen centuries.

There were, of course, unpleasant occasional episodes. The Almoravids were at Wahhabi level, the Druze under the "Divine" Imam Al-Hakim, Sudan under Muhammad Ahmad, and the Ottomans were not exactly gentle with rebels - or the civilian population that was around. And it seems to me unnecessary to speak of the Crusades and the Reconquista.
>>
Yes, today, in most developed nations.
>>
>>794895
>Peace means homogeneity; good fences make good neighbors.

I never tought of it that way
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.