[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand Africa. If it was the cradle of life,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (253 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
253 KB, 1000x667
I don't understand Africa. If it was the cradle of life, why did people leave, why did people outside of Africa make amazing cities and art? Why is Africa still hundreds of years behind everyone else? Tell me because I am uninformed.
>>
>>793395
Someone sure takes their /pol/ infographics seriously.
>>
File: 1457088872534.jpg (133 KB, 1079x1387) Image search: [Google]
1457088872534.jpg
133 KB, 1079x1387
>>793395
>Why is Africa still hundreds of years behind everyone else?
>>
>>793395
>why did people leave
Because they could.
>why did people outside of Africa make amazing cities and art?
Because the conditions were good and they invented and adopted farming, which allowed them to build civilization.
They were never civilized, only portions of the populace were and once the colonial powers went away, the savage parts of society quickly overwhelmed the civilized natives and it turned into pseudo-tribalism full of nepotism and corruption.

Whitey did a lot more damage by leaving than they did via exploitation.
>>
>>793395

Cuz they buh-lack-kuh
>>
File: King Tut.jpg (91 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
King Tut.jpg
91 KB, 500x667
WE
>>
>>793399
Because Egypt is still a great place to be?
>>
>>793407
>user has been banned for this post

Speaking from personal experience
>>
>>793401
This is a perfect answer, thank you.
>>
>>793406
I'm honestly not being Racist, I think Black people have done amazing things, when they have gotten out of Africa.
>>
File: 1429085714204.png (572 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
1429085714204.png
572 KB, 600x580
WEwuz bait thread
>>
>>793399
>Black Ankhwakening
>>
>>793421
>>793418
>>793401
/pol/ leave
>>
>>793395
Rather than thinking of being "behind" everyone else, just think more along the lines of "less complex than" everyone else.
>>
>>793465
How is my post /pol/?
When the Europeans left the pacific a lot of tribes started practicing cannibalism and tribal warfare again because they simply were not fully civilized by the Europeans and there were no provisional governments supported by the Europeans to help establish modern states that could continue that path.
Westerners just abandoned their colonies to do whatever they want without helping them establish sustainable economies and welfare which ended up hurting most of the ex-colonial lands.
It was incredibly short-sighted and irresponsible of the Westerners to do this under political pressure and faux morality.
>>
>>793520
Cannibalism has ended because of missionaries breaking the system of vendatas and the production of pork has increased the amount of protein available to Papuans populations thanks to the increased dispersal and utilization kg sweet potatoes.

Give me three groups that have confirmed the continuation of cannibalism as a cultural institution.

You seem to be talking out of your ass.

Colonialism was a horrible experience, it was not beneficial for the vast majority of people in Africa. The roads weren't meant for people, the roads were meant for the export economy. The limited education of natives wasn't to provide them the leaders of an independent nation, it was creating a cheap local work force of minor clerks and assistance to continue the colonial regime.

The literal exiting of nations was not the main problem, western support of coups, assassinations, proxy wars and dictators has been our main issue for the better part of 60 years.

You're just creating a white savior complex around a colonial system, it's what /pol/ does whether overtly or insinuate paternalistically
>>
>>793395
>If it was the cradle of life, why did people leave
That's how humans are. Nomadic and curious. It's why people left Europe to create USA and other countries across the world.

>why did people outside of Africa make amazing cities and art? Why is Africa still hundreds of years behind everyone else?
I'm guessing because Africa is the natural habit of humans so they didn't need to innovate to survive and adapt to the harsh conditions. All they need is shelter, a spear and fire to live off the land. Animals and fruits are all around them and the climate never changes.
>>
>>793399
>someone mentions africa
>doesn't naturally assume he means subsaharan africa

memes
>>
>>793465
>>793421
Legit af. Dr. MLK Jr.? Fly as fuck, western Buddha. Frederick Douglas? Damn son, get /lit/ in this biznitch. Franz Fanon? Pretty fuckin' smart dude. Le Black Science Man? Made science fun for normies.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.