[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: Pax Mongolica.png (49 KB, 752x591) Image search: [Google]
Pax Mongolica.png
49 KB, 752x591
Find a flaw.
>>
File: 1398561997767.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1398561997767.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>pax mongolica
>>
>dragged Sinic and Islamic civilizations 300 years back so the west got the chance to lead in modernization
10/10
>>
Bitches, gold, nice horses(substitute for nice car) and fighting. Literally the dream life.
>>
Doesn't include Finland.
>>
>>79280
Do you know what Pax means in Latin?
>>
>>79280
Not white
>>
Laid the foundations of dynasties responsible for not only the destruction of most of Eastern Christianity, but the destruction of the Byzantines and Crusader States as well.
>>
>>79280
Razing of baghdad arguably the point at which the islamic golden age ends.

The middle east could have stayed on par with europe.
>>
>AND AGIN
>MOUNTAIN OF SKULLS
>>
>>81958
I am a huge fan of the Mongols but I have to agree with you there. The destruction of the Abbasid Caliphate and Baghdad ruined the Middle East.

Perhaps if Hulagu had been more merciful or cautious when conquering it we could have a stable and prosperous Middle East today.
>>
Couldn't into agriculture until it was too late, with like three notable exceptions among the Khans.
>>
>>81555
As an Orthodox Christian I partially agree but the Byzantines were on borrowed time even if the Ottomans had never shown up.
>>
>>81555
constant civil war and the 4th crusade did more to destroy the Byzies than the Mongols did, if anything the Mongols kept the Turks down for longer than they otherwise would have been

nice trips
>>
>>82397
Without the Mongols pushing so many Turks into Anatolia, the Byzantines could have survived I think. The demographics wouldn't have been in the Ottoman favor.
>>
SIX MILLION MILE EMPIRE. SIX FUCKING MILLION. Mongols aint nothing to fuck with
>>
Literally built pyramids of skulls desu senpai.
>>
>>79280
Bitch ass niggers in Baghdad should've surrendered. Hulagu ain't nothin' to fuck with. Entire libraries of knowledge lost. Blood raining from the rooftops.
>>
>>82551

The Turks were in anotolia many hundred years before the mongols started their conquests.
>>
>>82941
A empire mostly comprised of wastes, and it didn't even last that long.
>>
File: lolwastes.jpg (187 KB, 1738x400) Image search: [Google]
lolwastes.jpg
187 KB, 1738x400
>>84028

>Lol mostly wastes

Wrong, look at the population, it had more people then the roman empire.
>>
>>84095
check out that population density
>>
>>82976
desu senpai
>>
>>84143

People are not spread out everywhere evenly.
>>
File: 1446452988842.jpg (85 KB, 840x623) Image search: [Google]
1446452988842.jpg
85 KB, 840x623
>>79845
I misread this as "You do know Pax means Latin?" and hastily went to do research in the university of google before confusing myself tremendously then coming back to reread your post and feel like a total dumbass.
>>
>>79280
I mean, unless you count the literal mountains chinese, ruthenian, persian, and arab corpses (estimated that 1/4-1/3 of the persian population died in the Mongol invasions), then no, i dont see a flaw.

also
>johngreenemaymay.jpg
>>
File: freedomhouse.png (258 KB, 1431x1826) Image search: [Google]
freedomhouse.png
258 KB, 1431x1826
Rated most free country on Eurasian continent in 2015

Here's what the Mongols are doing now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el93MIxAf-c

>>79328

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pax_Mongolica
>>
>>84494
At least you made an amusing post out of it.
>>
File: 1432962478800.jpg (132 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
1432962478800.jpg
132 KB, 1000x500
>>84709
>that fucking picture.
>>
>Black Death in general
>Destroyed libraries and knowledge
>Not knowing agriculture in fucking 1200 AD
>Set great nations back a century in tech
>>
>>84709

Kek you know why they are so free compared to the other shitholes around them? Because they are Buddhist-Atheist instead of Islamic.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.