[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which should I choose? Catholic, Orthodox, or Rodnovery?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9
File: 124512451245.jpg (8 KB, 271x186) Image search: [Google]
124512451245.jpg
8 KB, 271x186
Which should I choose? Catholic, Orthodox, or Rodnovery?
>>
>Even considering a LARP religion
>Just joining a Church to LARP
Orthodox or the Neopagan one
Stay out of my Church, we have enough problems with RPG memesters joining for fun
>>
>>791681

You should worship Priapus anon. You might even get laid.
>>
>>791689
>>
>>791691
>>791689
*without
fuck
>>
>>791681
catholic
>>
>year 2016 of the cooked jew on a stick
>not being romuvan
>>
>>791681
>Catholic, Orthodox, or Rodnovery?
If you have this three options I assume you're Ukrainian.

Catholicism is over. it died in the 1960s. A crypto-Marxist charity and banking organization took its place and inherited its name and property and legal status. You might as well join a local NGO or Liberal or Green Party.
>>
>>791681
People on this site nowadays take being reactionary to the point of self-parody.
>>
Which do you believe?
>>
>>791681
all of the above.
>>
File: 1455227042278.jpg (76 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1455227042278.jpg
76 KB, 640x640
>>791704
a bad Pope is not a good reason to abandon Catholicism. There have been way worse ones in the past.
>>
>>791736
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcge7eppKo4
This exactly
>>
>>791681
>Cuckolding: the church
>Mafia: the church
>Wow i sure love reading wikipedia
>>
>>791681

If you believe in the Christian God:
Catholic for a more relaxed, community-focused experience
Orthodox for a more mystic, spiritual experience

If not, then join Rodnovery, lots of sects don't require devoutness.
>>
>>791681
I'm confused by your question. if you are saying which one is in the moral high ground, or has the easiest to buy into princicles, then definitely rodnovery.
However, if you're truly religious and want to become a christian under one of these banners, then you should just look into being a extra-sect christan, and chose to interpret christian teachings your own way.
>>
File: leo great.jpg (12 KB, 217x217) Image search: [Google]
leo great.jpg
12 KB, 217x217
>>791681
Catholic, then reform it to its former glory
>>
>>791681
>Rodnovery
?
>>
>>791946
>reform it to its former glory
>former glory
Reform implies an improvement
>>
>>791941

>I'm confused by your question. if you are saying which one is in the moral high ground, or has the easiest to buy into princicles, then definitely rodnovery.
It only has the moral high ground because it's a 50-year-old reconstructionist religion and we don't know enough about the old version to know what its moral principles entailed. Besides, by which definition does Christianity not have a moral advantage?

>However, if you're truly religious and want to become a christian under one of these banners, then you should just look into being a extra-sect christan, and chose to interpret christian teachings your own way.
>literally heresy
>>
File: alg-laughing-jpg.jpg (46 KB, 970x702) Image search: [Google]
alg-laughing-jpg.jpg
46 KB, 970x702
> Believing in salvation by works
>>
>>792373
Though the Protestants are correct, I'd still rather live in a world where Jesus saves those who're selfless and just, and not just those who submit to him.

All that matters about belief is what it makes you do in the world.
>>
File: image.jpg (922 KB, 1813x2111) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
922 KB, 1813x2111
>>791941
>Literally telling someone to become a heretic to nearly every other person on the Earth
>>
>not choosing calvinism
Its almost like you want to burn in hell for eternity
>>
>>791681
Roll a die anon, let god decide.
>>
File: amy-schumer-kim-kanye.jpg (221 KB, 1200x1214) Image search: [Google]
amy-schumer-kim-kanye.jpg
221 KB, 1200x1214
>>792454
>tfw Bible encourages Cleromancy but not trial by combat
>>
>>792387

Sola Fide is a concept developed to absolve sins without requiring actual contrition. This goes counter to the ideas expressed by Jesus and the Apostles and is heresy. Not to mention that it would essentially allow evil people to be admitted to the Kingdom of Heaven.

Protestantism is cancer.
>>
What the heck is "Rodnovery"
>>
>>792468
Accepting Jesus into your heart is much more difficult than living a virtuous life. Those who don't go the extra mile with Jesus wont rest with him in his eternal kingdom.

Even atheists can be just and moral, but does God give first entry to those morons who're too dense to understand the mysteries of faith?
>>
>>792373
Catholics don't
We believe in salvation by grace alone
Orthodox are the same
>>
>>792527
Idk about Orthodox, but Catholics most certainly don't believe in Sola Fide
>The Catholic view excludes sola fide as the sole grounds for justification, holding instead that grace, specifically, the form of grace known as "sanctifying grace", and which first floods the soul at baptism, which empowers both one's ability to believe and perform good works, is essential as the gateway to salvation, but not the only element needed for salvation (Eph 2:8-10).
> The Catholic position is best summed up in John 3:16, if one has the proper, contextual understanding of the word "believe". "Believe", in context and in ancient Judaism, meant more than an intellectual assent. "To believe" also meant to obey, which is seen, in context, in Jn 3:36, 1 Jn 2:3ff, and 1 Jn 5:1ff. Without our positive response to grace offered, salvation is not possible.
>>
>>792494
Ok, let's make one thing immediately clear.
If you're an immoral douchebag, it doesn't matter how much faith you have. It only means you understand exactly where you're going wrong.
Faith isn't going to help an unrepentant sinner.
>>
>>792543
I never said we did
I said we believe salvation is by grace alone
Protestants don't even believe salvation is by faith alone normally
They believe justification is
Catholics and Orthodox believe justification is by faith and works in perfect sync
>>
>>792545
One cannot do evil once they've accepted Jesus into their hearts, it'd be as undesirable as much as it's impossible. Those who have faith will automatically do good works, but those who do good works will not automatically have faith.

Faith in Jesus is far more important than virtue, virtue stands irrelevant next to it.
>>
File: No Laughing Matter.jpg (32 KB, 189x189) Image search: [Google]
No Laughing Matter.jpg
32 KB, 189x189
>>792578
>One cannot do evil once they've accepted Jesus into their hearts
>>
>>792581
Do you understand how sola fide works, or are you new to this?
>>
>>792581
That's how faith in Jesus works tho
>>
>>792592
I have never heard a Protestant claim they can't sin
>>
>>792578
Except the concept of Sola Fide is often used by misguided Protestants who believe they have accepted Jesus into their hearts and are justified in their actions, when in actuality they haven't, and carry out evil acts without understanding. It's a fundamentally harmful interpretation.
>>
>>792608
When one has received the Holy Spirit, they cannot do evil. Not because of a loss of free will, but via a new revelation of God's love and glory. A starving man does not turn away from bread and water.

As in Matthew 16:19 "I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven (the Holy Spirit); and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven."
>>
Judeo-Christo-Islam is one single, continuous progeny stemming directly from Abraham's scrotum. But just like Ouranos from Greek Mythology, Abraham's seed cannot but generate abominable and malformed monstrosities that wreak havoc and destruction. (The exception being fair Aphrodite, whose place of honour would be occupied, methinks, by Gnosticism as the only, not entirely abominable half-child of Abraham).

In short, reject all Abrahamic sects, for they are veritable poison dripping directly from Abraham's circumcised and flacid penis.
>>
>>792633
But that's not what the verse is talking about, dipshit.
Jesus is talking about Simon Peter's role in Christianity.
>>
decide if you want to believe in abrahamic god or be a pagan first
>>
>>792599
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZQxH_8raCI
>>
File: Christfagson4chan.png (3 MB, 4784x3228) Image search: [Google]
Christfagson4chan.png
3 MB, 4784x3228
>>791681
>>
>>793830

This is absolutely pathetic.

This just confirms to me how right Nietzsche was when he diagnosed modern nihilism.
>>
>>792638
t. pagan larpfag
>>
>>791736
>>791867

You should not follow the Roman Catholic Church as they schismed Christianity and made huge amounts of additions to the faith our of pragmatism. The Orthodox Church on the other hand hasnt reformed one bit and is the same church established by the earliest Christians. The Catholics on the other hand are pretty much theseus ship the religion. They added and taken away so much its hard for them to really be the church of the Apostles any more.
>>
>>793835

Right. I really shows that when you choose Christ, you really just choose to deny reality in favor of a self-made fantasy world where there is no suffering, no hardship and no sorrow.

You're really just choosing to be an emotionally stunted adult
>>
>>793844
t. t*rkoman
>>
>>793867
Hey, is this the same faggot from the other thread who thought the Fourth Crusade was justified?
>>
>>792473
'Rod' means kin in Slavic languages. It is also a supreme deity in a lot of sources.
'Vera' means faith.

So rod+vera = rodnoverye
It would mean something like ''the faith of the kin''.
>>
>>792936
kek

Sore loser.
>>
>>794309
Nice argument
>>
>>795844
>bumping this shitty thread
drink bleach
>>
> Rodnovery
This is meme religion based on falsification. I mean even more based than Christianity and other mainstream religions.
>>
>>791681
>Rodnovery
What the fuck?
>Neopaganism
Kek

>>791689
>implying all religionists that aren't members of socially isolated cultures aren't LARPers at this point
>>
File: 1442072979611.jpg (186 KB, 499x604) Image search: [Google]
1442072979611.jpg
186 KB, 499x604
>>791681
As long as you're a good communist and support the overthrow of all degrees of theocratic power your private contradictions aren't important.
>>
Convert to Judaism desu
REDDIT REDPILL AUTISMUS MAXIMUS
Captcha is food, miam miam
>>
>>792578
The very definition of Sola Fide entails no free will. You so nothing. Only God does. This is why faith is simply passive, the reception of Christ and all his benefits. Even the faith itself is from God. This leads logically to Calvinism
>>
>>792638
>If I make a roundabout comparison between two totally separate entities this will prove the overall veracity of my claim.

Go back to /x/
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.