[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some common misunderstood historical quotes? >SECRET
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
What are some common misunderstood historical quotes?

>SECRET SOCIETIES? DUDE HE MEANS THE ILLUMINATI!

>hes actually talking about the mafia and KKK
>>
Weirdly enough the mafia got him elected.
>>
The entirety of the Prince.
>>
File: bernard law.jpg (309 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
bernard law.jpg
309 KB, 630x420
>opposed to secret proceedings
Then why was he Catholic?
>>
>>790021

never trust the eternal paddy
>>
>>790014

>Do not think I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets, I am come not to destroy, but to fulfill. For truly I say unto you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one jot or tittle shall in no way pass from the law, until all are fulfilled. Whomever breaks the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do so, he shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven: but whomever shall do them and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

>DUDE, YOU DON'T NEED TO FULFILL ALL THAT RITUAL CRAP ANYMORE, IT'S FULFILLED IN JESUS, HE NEVER WANTED YOU TO DO IT.
>>
>>790026
The true law of the prophets isn't about circumcision or washing your hands before eating a kosher meal, it's about loving God and loving others more than yourself.

By saying only he was the only one who truly followed God's laws, it was basically Jesus' cop-out when others pointed out he was ignoring them.
>>
>>790026
Speaking of Jesus:

>Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

This was warped into certain people believing that Jesus was all about tolerance and acceptance and shit so you can do whatever you want.

In reality if you read the entirety of the Gospels, he's still extremely disapproving of this shit, he's just giving the sinners a second chance. If they blow that one too, they're fucked and will burn in hell.
>>
>>790056

THIS!

fuck.

>JESUS HUNG AROUND SLUTS AND GAMBLERS AND WHAT NOT! SO ITS NOT A SIN TO BE A DEGENERATE PIECE OF SHIT!

Jesus gave those people a chance to change and didnt just condemn and shun them
>>
>>790026
>>790046
>>790056
>Religious verses
>"Commonly misunderstood."
Congrats with the can of worms, lads.
>>
>>790014
He didn't mean the treaty of Versailles was too harsh on Germany. He meant it was too lenient and they should have broken the county up in its entirety.
>>
>>790014
He actually wanted to talk about General Dynamics but they've blackmailed him after they've sent thugs to search the flat of that journalist he used to sleep with, what was her name again?
>>
File: Religion threads.png (137 KB, 1010x274) Image search: [Google]
Religion threads.png
137 KB, 1010x274
>>790056
>they're fucked and will burn in hell.
Spotted the American.
>>
>>790593
Basically nobody argues it was otherwise.
>>
>>790020
I hope you're not another retard that thinks it was satire.
>>
>>790633
Not him.

People tend to think it was all satanic lesson of being asshole for the rulers but irl. it was more of a cynical commentary on Italian political intrigues Machiavelli experienced first hand.
>>
>>790633
>it was satire.

it was. You would know this if you ever read literally anything else by, or about, Niccolo. He was known for writing comedies senpai
>>
>>790657
I did read other stuff by him. Like his actual satire, which reads nothing like the Prince. And his other political works, which are basically in agreement with the Prince (go read the parts about how a republic is created, I'll wait).

>>790641
>it was all satanic lesson of being asshole for the rulers
I don't even understand where people see the assholeness. The Prince is just Machiavelli's ideas on realpolitik.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.